The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

This is ummmm interesting. Tad confusing what happened from the reporting............

California police say member of Elon Musk's security team is a suspect following stalker claim

An incident near a Los Angeles-area highway last week became a flashpoint for a debate about the sharing of personal information on the Musk-owned Twitter.

Police in Southern California said Tuesday they were seeking additional information about an incident last week that Twitter CEO Elon Musk said prompted him to crack down on accounts that track whereabouts of private jets — including his.

The Dec. 13 incident in a Los Angeles-area highway has become a flashpoint for a debate about online speech and the dissemination of personal information, although authorities had previously said little about what happened.

In a statement Tuesday, police in South Pasadena said that the incident involved a member of Musk's security team, whose vehicle hit the car of a man he alleged was following him.

The police called the security team member a "suspect." They did not say what crimes they suspected him of committing, but said they were investigating a report of "an assault with a deadly weapon involving a vehicle."

Musk's description of the incident was different. Last week, in justifying his decision to ban the Twitter account @ElonJet, which publishes the location of his private airplane, Musk said that a "stalker" had used location information from the account to follow and confront a car carrying one of his children.

The statement from South Pasadena police, though, contained no mention of a suspected stalker.

“At no time during the incident did the victim identify the suspect or indicate the altercation was anything more than coincidental," police said.  

Business Insider reporter Linette Lopez, who has covered Musk and Tesla for years, and ElonJet creator Jack Sweeney are among those still banned from Twitter.

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the police statement.

In their statement, police said a 29-year-old man from Connecticut had pulled off a highway shortly before 10 p.m. to use his cellphone in a gas station.

While parked, the man said another vehicle pulled directly in front of him, blocking his path, according to police.

The driver of the second vehicle, described by police as Musk’s security team member, then accused the Connecticut man of following him, police said. Each party captured video during the dispute, they said.

Police said that as Musk's security team member was leaving the parking lot, he struck the Connecticut man with his vehicle.

"When the officer arrived on scene, the suspect had already left the area," the statement said.

Detectives do not believe Musk was present during the confrontation, according to the statement.

The Washington Post reported a person who identified himself as the driver featured in the video of the confrontation that Musk shared online said he has an interest in Musk and the mother of two of children, Claire Boucher, who is better known as the musician Grimes. NBC News has not verified those statements or who was in the video.

Boucher has been the target of stalking before, and lives within the vicinity of the location of the reported confrontation.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

“Police in South Pasadena said in a statement Tuesday that, contrary to Musk's assertions about the incident, they believe a member of Musk's security team hit a man with his car and accused him of following him.”

I think by now it’s pretty clear that what Musk says about anything isn’t to be trusted. He doesn’t mean anything he says. He’ll lie about anything, including faking an attack on his child to gain sympathy and support. Benefit of the doubt he does not deserve.

• Cheers 1

Little bit of snark in this reporting. ....

Tesla China chief brought to US to lift company while child-CEO distracted by social media

TSLA China chief Tom Zhu and a team of his has been brought in to troubleshoot production issues in the United States.

Zhu heads Tesla's Asia operations. He and team have been travelling to Tesla plants in California and Texas.

Reuters report that Zhu was at the US plants as recently as last week, citing "two people with knowledge of the matter".

Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has been dealing with his addiction to social media, wiping billions of $ off the firm's value and troubling investors in the firm. Let's hope things start to improve for those caught out by Musk's issues.

https://twitter.com/AndyHal15523851/status/1605253738746314755?s=20&t=djJmPXtGjc4pH7tM2G8QGg

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Little bit of snark in this reporting. ....

Tesla China chief brought to US to lift company while child-CEO distracted by social media

TSLA China chief Tom Zhu and a team of his has been brought in to troubleshoot production issues in the United States.

Zhu heads Tesla's Asia operations. He and team have been travelling to Tesla plants in California and Texas.

Reuters report that Zhu was at the US plants as recently as last week, citing "two people with knowledge of the matter".

Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has been dealing with his addiction to social media, wiping billions of $ off the firm's value and troubling investors in the firm. Let's hope things start to improve for those caught out by Musk's issues.

https://twitter.com/AndyHal15523851/status/1605253738746314755?s=20&t=djJmPXtGjc4pH7tM2G8QGg

Musk is killing that Tesla car company.  Soon there will be a bunch of dead Tesla cars all over because there will be no one to service them.  

On 12/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I think by now it’s pretty clear that what Musk says about anything isn’t to be trusted. He doesn’t mean anything he says. He’ll lie about anything, including faking an attack on his child to gain sympathy and support. Benefit of the doubt he does not deserve.

I've been saying this for a while now...

IMO, it all started when he decided to move Tesla HQ to Texas....it was about that time that he started battling with Bernie Sanders over the fact that large corporations don't pay their fair share of taxes. Right after he pivots to this mantra of not being able to identify with "woke" people....championing "free speech" (when it suits him) and promoting right wing talking points and conspiracies...

I think it's all been a smokescreen to cover up for the fact that he's just another uber-rich asshole, who wants to be even richer and see the Republicans, with their policies of tax cuts and deregulation as more favorable to him....

The problem he has is that his target market, in general, sit on the other side of that fence.....so he has to come up with an excuse for his political shift.

The ElonJet / Stalker thing is just the tip of the iceberg, IMHO. I believe he's been lying about everything since well before his Twitter takeover and the shine has completely come off of his "tech genius" persona.....

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Every day I think Musk couldn’t possibly get any worse and every day he manages to surprise me. Who on earth does something like this? Seriously, this has nothing to do with politics or ideology. What a piece of garbage human being.

Screw that guy...wtf during the worst possible time if the year for people with depression 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:16 PM, Warhippy said:

Screw that guy...wtf during the worst possible time if the year for people with depression 

Seems to be doing things to deliberately tank his Tesla stocks.

Course, he might just be a "Montgomery Burns" as he sold of a huge chunk of his stock a while back (before this current freefall in price).  I strongly suspect he'll buy back a bunch of the stock (at now significantly reduced prices).  People only now have realized he's been manipulating the stock of TSLA for years.  Note:  I am not a financial advisor and thus only gamble with money you can afford to lose.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Course, he might just be a "Montgomery Burns" as he sold of a huge chunk of his stock a while back (before this current freefall in price).  I strongly suspect he'll buy back a bunch of the stock (at now significantly reduced prices).  People only now have realized he's been manipulating the stock of TSLA for years.  Note:  I am not a financial advisor and thus only gamble with money you can afford to lose.:lol:

75mhlk.gif

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Will the US government bail out Tesla like they did with other car companies?  Or do they let the company just go under?