The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol games like this where we stomp a team in a must win make me think we don’t need major surgery 

podz showing dominance, Brock, Peter back 

all this without Bo

dickinson had a bad year but now playing much better and him and Pearson not looking like dead cap 

garney playing well 

Peter setting personal bests and playing at another level 

I still think we need another good right shot d man like Marino or better and more speed 

if NJ wants Brock maybe they do Brock for Yegor and Zach

i sure hope management resigns Brucey 

we need more luck on out of town score board !!!

it’s happening !!

Edited by Canucks Curse

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah some of those losses in February and March really hurt. Especially March 13-20. Had we had 3 wins instead of an OT loss out of 5 games, we'd be in the drivers seat. 

if they had won those 3 games would they have had the pedal to the metal like they have the last bit?

these hypotheticals are never that simple. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah some of those losses in February and March really hurt. Especially March 13-20. Had we had 3 wins instead of an OT loss out of 5 games, we'd be in the drivers seat. 

This team is so unpredictable though. I have no idea how our guys would play if their backs weren't up against the wall... 

BB at one point was super frustrated with how the team shows up unprepared sometimes. Schenn even commented that young guys need to learn what it takes not only game by game but rather shift to shift. 

Whether we make the playoffs or not, I hope this is the big learning point of the year. I thought we learned that lesson last year and was pretty disappointed when a lot of the same bad habits resurfaced. 

30-13-8 under BB is pretty solid though. They had some no show games but not at the rate they had under TG which was pretty much one in three games. 

It's really unfortunate we didn't make the coaching change earlier... 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Frank next time I tell you to fire a coach listen to me right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That TG Baumer duo was ridiculous. 

TG hiring I get. He coached the AHL team and worked up to get a shot. (it's now proven he wasn't ready) 

Baumer... What the hell has he done to be coaching an NHL defense? 

11 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This team is so unpredictable though. I have no idea how our guys would play if their backs weren't up against the wall... 

BB at one point was super frustrated with how the team shows up unprepared sometimes. Schenn even commented that young guys need to learn what it takes not only game by game but rather shift to shift. 

Whether we make the playoffs or not, I hope this is the big learning point of the year. I thought we learned that lesson last year and was pretty disappointed when a lot of the same bad habits resurfaced. 

30-13-8 under BB is pretty solid though. They had some no show games but not at the rate they had under TG which was pretty much one in three games. 

It's really unfortunate we didn't make the coaching change earlier... 

I still believe if coach BB was here from game 1 this season, there would be no question this team is in the playoffs.  Coach TG had them playing .300 hockey for over 20 games!!  That is absolutely atrocious.  

36 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Garland was awesome.  Miller was fairly unnoticeable but its okay.  Thought highmore was excellent too.  Dallas did not look good at all though.

I was actually really impressed with miller

he was playing very smart and responsible 

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Garland was awesome.  Miller was fairly unnoticeable but its okay.  Thought highmore was excellent too.  Dallas did not look good at all though.

He was covering Bo's responsibilities.  That's why he was quieter on the offensive side of the puck.  I was quite happy with how he played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Holy crap Dickinson is good  :bigblush:

but actually, his best game by far as a Canuck IMO. He was very engaged all game, using his body, picking up multiple points. 

Schenn vs Benn was great, so glad he's on our team. 

Canucks looked dominating all game (without Horvat and Pearson)  

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I still believe if coach BB was here from game 1 this season, there would be no question this team is in the playoffs.  Coach TG had them playing .300 hockey for over 20 games!!  That is absolutely atrocious.  

Yup 30-13-8 says it all. 100 percent a playoff team. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Highmore was huge last night...so much energy and just battling so hard for the puck.

Podz, check.

Schenn is an absolute warrior...screw you Benn.  Garland was taking his usual abuse but he's such an agitator...he was getting under the Stars' skin and motoring out there.

What a game...what a team. Back at it tonight and I'll be there, cheering our boys on again as they give it a go down the stretch. No matter what, they've shown us what they're really all about and this team is starting to really come together. 

God, I'm exhausted from cheering/cowbelling...I know this is a grind for them but I'm worn out too! Damn it feels good to have these games meaning something. Bruce, there it is!

If he hadnt already,  Highmore has earned a spot here.   He brings so much energy and emotion every shift.  He plays in the dirty areas, always seems to win puck battles despite his size.  I think because he was drafted as a centre, he knows to play responsibly out there.  

And we cant trade garland.  Comes to play everynight.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I mean I am not for tanking but I wish this could have been done sooner (the winning I mean). 

That said if they make the playoffs ... great ( i still don't think they will) but if not I guess 16th overall pick isn't bad I mean Barzal is 16th overall right?

Yes.... and for reference 

Jakub Zboril 13th overall 

Jake DeBrusk 14th overall 

Zack Senyshyn 15th overall 

All in that same draft. (All by Boston lol) 

31 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Highmore was huge last night...so much energy and just battling so hard for the puck.

Podz, check.

Schenn is an absolute warrior...screw you Benn.  Garland was taking his usual abuse but he's such an agitator...he was getting under the Stars' skin and motoring out there.

What a game...what a team. Back at it tonight and I'll be there, cheering our boys on again as they give it a go down the stretch. No matter what, they've shown us what they're really all about and this team is starting to really come together. 

God, I'm exhausted from cheering/cowbelling...I know this is a grind for them but I'm worn out too! Damn it feels good to have these games meaning something. Bruce, there it is!

His line was huge. JL and WL, are getting chances, and hopefully will get a greasy, ugly, goal for their efforts.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Boston drafted 13, 14, 15? 

Karma for the 2011 douchery - well deserved ?

Don't forget Connor at 17 and Chabot at 18; Donato was a 1st time GM, that year and seems to had outsmarted himself - lol.  Great job acquiring the picks but blew the opportunity by choosing the wrong players.  Imo, a team just needs to avg 1/2 player(s) per draft to maintain a prospect pipeline.