The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Draft Lottery to be held on May 10th

Rate this topic

So, who reps the Canucks?  JR or Allvin?  Not feeling overly optimistic with the lottery results, hasn't favoured the Canucks before. With the late season push and all of those wins, I'm thinking the Canucks pick at #15.  This is a problem. Maybe JR and Allvin make a splash at the Draft to move up. Remember, they don't have a superstar.

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, who reps the Canucks?  JR or Allvin?  Not feeling overly optimistic with the lottery results, hasn't favoured the Canucks before. With the late season push and all of those wins, I'm thinking the Canucks pick at #15.  This is a problem. Maybe JR and Allvin make a splash at the Draft to move up. Remember, they don't have a superstar.

Let's just do this again... at least we can laugh about it later...

trevor-linden-nhl-draft-lottery.jpg

4 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Anyone down to trade down if we don’t get a top 10 pick? Get extra picks and stock up our prospect cupboard

Trade #12 OA for a couple seconds and a third kind of thing?  Is there a sort of set value for those top 15 picks?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Anyone down to trade down if we don’t get a top 10 pick? Get extra picks and stock up our prospect cupboard

When it comes to prospects I like quality over quantity. If we are talking about moving down a few spots in the first round to pick up a late second or third than fine, especially if the scouting staff feels the quality is even on picks 14-20. I wouldn't want to move a mid first pick for a package of picks outside the first round. Yes it brings prospects into the cupboard but a cupboard full of fringe NHLers is not nearly as useful as a cupboard with a few mid-top 6 forward or 3-5 D prospects. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trade #12 OA for a couple seconds and a third kind of thing?  Is there a sort of set value for those top 15 picks?  

I’m haven’t looked at this year’s draft class as much but I’ve heard Wright is the cream of the crop. I would be down with that sort of move. Something like a late 1st, a 2nd in return similar to what Calgary did couple years ago. I’m hoping we jump up and grab a top 5 pick if we don’t make the playoffs. Playoffs is still our goal

Edited by Beary Sweet

I just love the 2015 draft.  The 3 picks by Boston and then the 3 right after them.  Let's hope, if we don't make the playoffs, that there's a Barzal, Connor or Chabot available.

1 13 Boston Jakub Zboril D Saint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL] 54 0 12 12 22 2021-22
1 14 Boston Jake DeBrusk L Swift Current Broncos [WHL] 315 90 82 172 65 2021-22
1 15 Boston Zachary Senyshyn R Soo Greyhounds [OHL] 16 1 2 3 4 2021-22
1 16 NY Islanders Mathew Barzal C Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL] 356 90 214 304 192 2021-22
1 17 Winnipeg Kyle Connor L Youngstown Phantoms [USHL] 379 174 164 338 88 2021-22
1 18 Ottawa Thomas Chabot D Saint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL] 309 41 143 184 150 2021-22
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

with our Canuck Luck we'll win the draft lottery this year and only be able to move up 10 spots to pick at # 5

This WILL happen. We will win, and Canuck luck the win will finally happen after the rules have adjusted. Book it.