The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks may offer sheet an RFA this summer

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

aren't we missing our 2nd? from the garland, oel trade

True.  And who’s third did we give up to get Dermott?  Can we stop trading away our picks?  We need them for coming offer sheets!  :towel:

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

aren't we missing our 2nd? from the garland, oel trade

The Canucks have options now that they have reacquired their own third round pick

https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

image.png.ca46dd389fe881f3564252b87142b7c3.png

It does make me wonder, especially with rumors swirling about potentially acquiring Kuzmenko, and at the trade deadline Garland was supposedly being shopped for a first round pick, Allvin and Rutherford want to make some sort of offersheet and have another 1st round pick to make a selection. They are certainly trying to open their options to better this team.

It does make me think if Kuzmenko signs with us, Garland is likely going out to help relieve cap and gain back picks to make an offersheet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The Canucks have options now that they have reacquired their own third round pick

It does make me wonder, especially with rumors swirling about potentially acquiring Kuzmenko, and at the trade deadline Garland was supposedly being shopped for a first round pick, Allvin and Rutherford want to make some sort of offersheet and have another 1st round pick to make a selection. They are certainly trying to open their options to better this team.

It does make me think if Kuzmenko signs with us, Garland is likely going out to help relieve cap and gain back picks to make an offersheet.

How does that work when we don't have our 2nd?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Sign Kuzmenko 

Trade Myers to clear cap (3rd coming back)

Trade Garland for Marino 

Offer sheet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

great point, we can use the 1st and third for a major impact player, probably off load Myers for a 2nd or 3rd

nic hague and nicholas roy look like pretty realistic targets targets tbh.

they both would likely be the 4.2 range and cost a 1st and a 3rd... yikes, a first and a third would be a lot to give up for this guys, without our 2nd, we can only do a little offer sheet or a big one, :(

Players of interest: 

Oliver Kylington 

Nick Roy 

Nic Hague 

Kaapo Kaako

Yakov Trenin 

Alexander Romanov

Pavel Zacha 

Don't see some of these happening, but Kylington, Roy, Hague & maybe even Kaako, teams that are going to be up against the cap with little wiggle room & players expecting bug raises. Most likely would find trades though. 

Edited by KKnight