The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2022 at 01:30 AM

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

LOL. I wonder if I’m just remembering something else! I thought it was a play directly infront of the net - not to the side of it & that Henrik was wearing white!

Maybe I’d make a terrible witness….but regardless - this post of yours, my friend, is an example of priceless Karma! 

I had to scroll through several posts of Kadri delivering headshots to a number of his union bros,..but totally missed this! 

lol yeah remember that play pretty well, remembering laughing so hard when it happened.

• Like 1

Kadri better hope they aren’t going back to STL, and I’m not talking about retribution on the ice.

That city is hopping mad at him, all right! 

No place for bullying, but that said - apologies for injuring a player (Binnington) & expressing at least an iota of regret about that, could go a long way. Has that happened? 

He can be a union bro who’s willing to be somewhat accountable…or remain what the majority of hockey/fans already perceive him to be. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche lead series 3-1
17 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Blues player tried to elbow Kadri in the head right after he scored. 

I remember that.  Live by the sword. Die by the sword. The agitator is a risky job when it involves pissing off a whole other team. Probably more than one team.

There are different types of agitators. Goons, weasels, pests, rats, A pest isn't necessarily a rat. But may have to be when called upon. A successful pest has to be good in other ways like goal scoring. Burrows fit that profile. He never got many suspensions, or long ones. Kadri crosses into rat territory more often... into Marchand land.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Kadri better hope they aren’t going back to STL, and I’m not talking about retribution on the ice.

That city is hopping mad at him, all right! 

No place for bullying, but that said - apologies for injuring a player (Binnington) & expressing at least an iota of regret about that, could go a long way. Has that happened? 

Be a union bro who’s willing to be somewhat accountable…or remain what the majority of hockey/fans perceive you to be? 

He didn't injure binnington.......both players made contact and then momentum took them both into JB.  It happens almost every game......most times everyone is ok, this JB was unlucky

19 hours ago, stawns said:

He didn't injure binnington.......both players made contact and then momentum took them both into JB.  It happens almost every game......most times everyone is ok, this JB was unlucky

^ Declaring that he had no intent to injure Binnington & wishing him well or a speedy recovery.., is what a respectful human being, let alone, what a union Bro would do. 

But, this ain’t anything new for the Avs. The drama & hate as a distraction for the Blues - was wanted. Playing the victim (of bullying) in juxtaposition to his history of goonery or delivering head-shots to “Blues” players & others in the past, is what’s fueling some discord, too. 

That’s also been a major part of the Bruins playbook for awhile too - page one! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

This is a series where grit and toughness loses you games if you let it get out of hand against a skilled team with a lethal powerplay. It doesn't happen often but when it does it's blow out after blow out. The Canucks in 2011 were a prime example - teams bullied them around and then they just slayed them on the PP until the final series where they had nothing left. 

I think in today's NHL though we're seeing skill take over a bit more though. The BoA is another good example.

Meanwhile look at Tampa, who have absolutely found the right balance of playing with a lot of grit and toughness, and then loads of skill where it matters too.

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Meh 

Kadri didn't care about plowing into the goalie otherwise he would've made an effort to stop. 

He first initiates contact with Rosen and then runs into Binnington while Binnington is at the top of his crease in a vulnerable position. 

Zero chance that the contact was accidental.