• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2022 at 02:30 AM

Flames fans are finally understanding what Markstrom looks like when the pressure’s on. We look like absolute thieves now with a younger, cheaper, and better Demko. 

they thought they did us dirty by poaching Markstrom, when they really saved our franchise. 

poetic

22 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Oilers are winning for two reasons. Mcdavid and Draisaitl. Flames have no answer for them. 25 points in 5 games 

And maybe Kane’s 5 goals in the last two games. 

42 minutes ago, canuckspride said:

Can't help but wonder if Markstrom is playing injured.

I think tired. He's played a lot more games than he should of. I'm curious how much ice time the likes of Tkachuk, Johnny H, Tanev, and some have logged this year. Some of these players look tired. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, kilgore said:

Yeah Benning is a dummy

Because he did NOT have the intestinal fortitude to go with Demko. That was the start of a domino effect.

That’s why he refused to deal Marky at the TD and desperately kept trying to sign him until the last second only to have him walk.  Thinking he had to wait until that deal was done before he could even start to talk to Tanev, Tofolli, or Stecher, and he ended up losing them all for nothing. Oh and throw in Madden and a second round pick for good measure. 

you brought him up, I couldn’t help it :ph34r:

Demko had played maybe 20-30 games up until that point. I don't know about you but I wouldn't have thrown all my marbles at a young/unproven goalie with potential. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Gotta give it to Tanev, 1 assist +1 and 19mins on 1 shoulder.  Marky getting lit up.

Tanev is (and always has been) a warrior.  If Sutter had made the decision to rest him the last few games of the

season, the Flame would still be in this series.  Oh well.  Lose Flames Lose!

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, rychicken said:

He could win the Conn Smythe and then pawn it at the Edmonton Pawn & Bridal Shop....

That give pwnd a new meaning lol

Sorry do kids still use that term or do I need to get my flux capacitor and go back 15 years? 

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Flames fans are finally understanding what Markstrom looks like when the pressure’s on.

nah, more like an oilers thing. he was pretty sharp against dallas for the entirety of the series. the problems are in his head/with his confidence.

image.thumb.png.5d48e8f7dd22c3760a6593ccd018e5ca.png