• Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2022 at 02:30 AM

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He really has had no one to stop him so far.

The quality of D he’s faced in these playoffs is pathetic. Not one legit shutdown guy to make life tough on him.

Yeah a Gudbranson and Zadorov pairing is laughable. 

Oilers making it easier loading up their top line + 1 in Hyman.  No adjustment or really no roster player to shadow McDavid as a checking forward is a massive problem for the Lames given McDavid is playing 20+mins.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

6x6 Marky getting outplayed by a senior citizen.  That contract will not age well.  Tanev back to being injured.  Little Johnny will leave as a UFA.

Calgary is big and slow.  They will have a hard time making the playoffs next year...

4 more years of Matky 6M and Tanev 4.5 lol I'm glad we dodged that.Demko looks great. I'll add Kane looks like a scoring machine. Imagine Kane in for Dickinson this season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm as ticked we gave up on Forsling as we gave up on Tanev.

I'm not, Forsling looked like a long shot well after he left us, no one really knew what was there. Tanev otoh...

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Calgary looking pretty lost without Tanev there to (calmly) move the puck out for them. He's a huge asset on d except when...he's not because he's hurt. We know that all too well.

Oh well, suck it Calgary. Edmonton too....really not cheering for a winner, only a loser. I really can't stand Kane, Nurse, Keith so I'm hoping the Oilers fall apart soon too. Smith leaves the door open for that.

Exactly!  I’m cheering hard for the Avs to beat St. Louis because they will for sure beat the winner of the Oilers v Flames.  (Have doubts St. Louis would)  We are going to be the next Canadian team to win the Cup!  :canucks:

• Cheers 1

Let's not kid ourselves Lucic is and always has been a piece of sh*t but on the play Smith comes out and Lucic goes to go around him and avoid him but Smith spins and they make contact. I tend to agree with Lawton:

Brian Lawton

@brianlawton9

·

13h

IMO it was very clear that Lucic

@NHLFlames

hit on Smith was not a dirty play.

@EdmontonOilers

Smith creates the contact with a last second spin. Lucic has no chance to change his route. This was not a dirty play. Should have been a 2 minute penalty not a 5.

@NHLNetwork

It wasn't like this play:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

^Yep, the right call here.

The secret's out on Smith and his antics. Lucic let up and if he'd slammed him into the boards (as Smith's dramatics would hint at) he wouldn't have gotten up for awhile. Instead he argued going to the quiet room. He really has perfected the full arm/leg thrust like he's been thrown by a bull. Amusing but no one's buying it anymore. Go to the well too many times deal.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

4 more years of Matky 6M and Tanev 4.5 lol I'm glad we dodged that.Demko looks great. I'll add Kane looks like a scoring machine. Imagine Kane in for Dickinson this season. 

Kane would look very good next to Petey. Too bad nobody wants him around. A point a game power forward who can dismantle a big and nasty team like Calgary all by himself. He’s definitely worth his old contract and more. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I hate Smith and all of his antics (so much!) but I hate seeing Lucic getting away with running a goalie again more. I think it deserved a suspension despite Smith's embellishment. And if anyone hits our goalie like that somebody better treat him like he made a bunch of bad jokes about Jada.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kane would look very good next to Petey. Too bad nobody wants him around. A point a game power forward who can dismantle a big and nasty team like Calgary all by himself. He’s definitely worth his old contract and more. 

Fast too. Kept up with McD too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

^Yep, the right call here.

The secret's out on Smith and his antics. Lucic let up and if he'd slammed him into the boards (as Smith's dramatics would hint at) he wouldn't have gotten up for awhile. Instead he argued going to the quiet room. He really has perfected the full arm/leg thrust like he's been thrown by a bull. Amusing but no one's buying it anymore. Go to the well too many times deal.

Smith should get a game for boarding himself. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Fast too. Kept up with McD too.

Kane              Pettersson     Boeser

Kuzmenko     Horvat            Podkolzin

Pearson         Roy               Garland

Deslauriers    Lammikko     Highmore

You think we make the playoffs with that forward group and do some damage when we are there?

Kane, Kuzmenko and Deslauriers would be free.  We can trade Miller to Vegas for Roy++...

• Cheers 1

No suspension for Looch is the right call. He put the brakes on and Smitty turned back into him...

In fact, I think the 5 minute major was harsh. I think the zebras probably felt they had to make the call to keep the game from getting out of hand, but I'd bet a different player doing the same thing in a regular season game gets away with 2 minutes...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1