The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ugh... seriously? Podkolzin is traded??

24 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Schneider is a good player. But everyone has their price, and for the right price, Schneider would be traded. 

If the Rangers are unwilling, that’s fine. We go to the Kings who have just as many RHD prospects…

You think LA Kings will give up Clarke 20, 6'2 RD similar to Schneider 6'2, 21?? No No..... LA will trade Faber 21, RD, 6'1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

You think LA Kings will give up Clarke 20, 6'2 RD similar to Schneider 6'2, 21?? No No..... LA will trade Faber 21, RD, 6'1

Probably not Clarke. I’d take Faber, but not Faber alone in a deal. 

5 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Anyone here remember peak-Messier? The guy who could play any way you wanted, was strong and tough and had really good offensive instincts? Well that's Podkolzin. Why would you ever trade that away?

F Messier!

• Like 1

I love how everybody was clamouring over Schneider and anointing him as a top pairing RHD with size, skill, mobility, and grit... yet here when you gotta give to get, Schneider is thrown to the curb lol

38 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I love how everybody was clamouring over Schneider and anointing him as a top pairing RHD with size, skill, mobility, and grit... yet here when you gotta give to get, Schneider is thrown to the curb lol

we love our Podkolzin. We need more Podz not less.

Yes we also need d upgrades, but we're likely going to have to draft it. 

19 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Why in the world, at this point, would you even consider trading Podkolzin? This kid is going to rip up the NHL for years to come. 

This guy gets it,  never trade Podz

• Cheers 1

I actually think Florida might bite on that if they lose out this playoffs, and maybe even if they win it all, I think it'd be good value for us. 

That Podz trade though, that's a tough one. I'd have a hard time making that call one way or the other. 

Edited by Coconuts

21 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Probably not Clarke. I’d take Faber, but not Faber alone in a deal. 

Oh no of course it would have to be like...Faber 21, 6'2 RD - Vilardi 22, 6'3 -C -- Lemieux 26, 6'2, 215 -W --  1st rounder....

Miller 29 -- 2023 - 3rd rounder

34 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Oh no of course it would have to be like...Faber 21, 6'2 RD - Vilardi 22, 6'3 -C -- Lemieux 26, 6'2, 215 -W --  1st rounder....

Miller 29 -- 2023 - 3rd rounder

I don’t really like Vilardi, though. He doesn’t seem to have speed, and that’s a characteristic that Rutherford has stated he wanted more of, not less. 

I like Faber, Lemieux and 1st rounder, but we probably need another piece coming back especially if Miller is being dealt to a divisional rival. All those pieces in my books need to be good pieces, and Vilardi is not a good piece. Sorry. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Fanuck said:

We can address our RHD by doing Miller to LA for Clarke and a 2nd this year. 

Meets both teams on-ice needs and works cap-wise for each. 

There's no room for Clarke on their right side and we have zero depth on d. 

I would take Clarke over any of the RDs that have been in Miller proposals.

On 5/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, N4ZZY said:

I don’t really like Vilardi, though. He doesn’t seem to have speed, and that’s a characteristic that Rutherford has stated he wanted more of, not less. 

I like Faber, Lemieux and 1st rounder, but we probably need another piece coming back especially if Miller is being dealt to a divisional rival. All those pieces in my books need to be good pieces, and Vilardi is not a good piece. Sorry. 

I know Canucks fans think we should get a massive haul for Miller having a 99 point season? Miller is actually a 74--80 point guy..

Getting  return with LA of Faber 21, RD, 6'1 -  Valardi 23, 6'3 -C. - Lemieux 26, 6'1 W,  1st rounder---very good return for Miller

On 5/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, BigTramFan said:

The other issue with the Florida trade is that FLA are in cap hell next season. They really need to keep Lundell (great player on an ELC) and get rid of Hornqvist just to be able to fit under the cap. They cannot afford Miller in return and they certainly wouldn't be able to afford to resign him to a new higher value contract.

I have no idea why Florida would trade Lundell.  

Honestly to me he makes one of Reinhart or Bennett expendable as a way to ditch Hornqvist and get far enough under the cap to help their team get better so that they can keep trying to get further in the playoffs.

That is how you keep in a contention window, have enough prospects to push really good but expensive veterans out of the lineup for other assets and help in other areas.