The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Avalanche win 2022 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Final  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Funny, I don't seem to recall saying it ever did. 

Now we're going in circles haha 

Marchand, Kadri, you do need those types of players.  We had Torres who ended up getting run out of the league through the suspensions.  I would take a rat on our team, but not Kadri or Marchand.  

Lemieux is a cleaner version of Kadri with nowhere near the offensive skill. 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Now we're going in circles haha 

Marchand, Kadri, you do need those types of players.  We had Torres who ended up getting run out of the league through the suspensions.  I would take a rat on our team, but not Kadri or Marchand.  

Lemieux is a cleaner version of Kadri with nowhere near the offensive skill. 

I'm not saying you have to like him, he's not someone I care for either. I didn't want Evander Kane either. But the initial video you posted? Yeah, I've no issue with it. 

The reality is nobody can take this season away from him, and his winning it all will quiet a lot of folks who ragged on him. All of them? Nah, but winning shuts a lot of mouths. 

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t take him over Petey and Hughes regardless if Hughes is better or not.

If you don’t have a franchise center you don’t have anything. We would have continued to have to look for that first line center had we passed on Petey.

Makar isn’t able to do what he does without players like Mackinnon up front. So taking a D man that is a step below the best defenseman in the game is a pretty good trade off to get a franchise center. It’s a no brainer to me.

Benning said they had Hughes in the top 3 on their list and he was the consensus next best player that fell to us.

I think we still would have taken Hughes at 7th, regardless of positional needs. 

Edited by shiznak

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not saying you have to like him, he's not someone I care for either. I didn't want Evander Kane either. But the initial video you posted? Yeah, I've no issue with it. 

The reality is nobody can take this season away from him, and his winning it all will quiet a lot of folks who ragged on him. All of them? Nah, but winning shuts a lot of mouths. 

I think you like Kadri quite a bit and that's okay.  There's no way that he'll end up in a Canucks uniform as he'll get paid big time this summer, and I'm okay with that. 

Anybody that tries to injure one of the Sedins, I have an issue with. 

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why do we need to compare him to the best defenseman in the league?

Theres literally no D men as good as Makar right now. Pointless to even make a comparison.

That doesn’t take away from the fact that Hughes is the most talented D man this franchise has ever had. He doesn’t have to be the best  in the league to be a damn good defenseman.

As it is Hughes is something like on par with the talent of a young healthy Paul Reinhart or Dave Babych, both of whom we acquired after some injuries.  I expect Hughes to keep developing and surpass that level but he hasn't done it yet.  Dale Tallon came into the league with a lot of talent (broke Bobby Orr's record for points by a rookie defenseman) and no support scoring as well.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

17 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think you like Kadri quite a bit and that's okay.  There's no way that he'll end up in a Canucks uniform as he'll get paid big time this summer, and I'm okay with that. 

Anybody that tries to injure one of the Sedins, I have an issue with. 

Nah, those hits were dirty no doubt. If I didn't want Evander Kane with his $&!# why would I want Kadri? One can simultaneously acknowledge the $&!# he's pulled, his talent level, and the way he stepped up for an Avs team that just went on to win the cup. 

If I don't want to extend Miller for age and dollar related reasons why would I have interest in an even older Kadri? 

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Benning said they had Hughes in the top 3 on their list and he was the consensus next best player that fell to us.

I think we still would have taken Hughes at 7th, regardless of positional needs.

Well Benning was right there.  In a redraft Hughes definitely goes top three and I would probably take him first overall.

• Like 2

That right there Canucks fans is the goal. That's the target....not squeaking into the playoffs or "playing meaningful games in March" and most definitely not mortgaging our future and trading draft picks in the slight chance we grab the last place seed. The bar has to be higher, it was and is for Colorado and Tampa.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Thank goodness that is over, now we can get on to the real business of Canucks hockey. 
Should be exciting summer. 

hopefully it begins with the Sedins getting the credit they deserve today. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The best part about Colorado winning is that MacKinnon only has 1 year left on his deal. 

As a bitter Canucks fan I can't bring myself to cheer for Colorado, I'm sorry, everything has gone too perfectly for them.  :sick:

What is “Little Joe” does another bit of his magic and trades Mackinnon for a high pick and drafts the next star on his team?  He’s done it before, right?  

10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Thank goodness that is over, now we can get on to the real business of Canucks hockey. 
Should be exciting summer. 

Oh but according to some members there won't be much movement, it will be "more or less the same roster as least year" - denial is a strong emotion. 

16 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

That right there Canucks fans is the goal. That's the target....not squeaking into the playoffs or "playing meaningful games in March" and most definitely not mortgaging our future and trading draft picks in the slight chance we grab the last place seed. The bar has to be higher, it was and is for Colorado and Tampa.

After 8 years of the Benning Bar I’m hoping our owner allows JR to take a couple steps back and build properly.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

After 8 years of the Benning Bar I’m hoping our owner allows JR to take a couple steps back and build properly.  

Watching Colorado celebrate last night I thought to myself, will I ever be able to watch players in a Canucks jersey do this in my lifetime? We've got a long way to go, but with a seemingly competent (so far) management group, who seems to have interest in actually developing young players and competing for a cup, not just a playoff spot- I like they direction we are going. 

• Like 1