The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks to make a pitch for Mason Marchment

There are some rumors indicating that perhaps Marchment may be the mystery forward the Canucks will pursue to potentially replace JT Miller

Gordon Ramsay Masterchef GIF by FOX TV

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Embedded the tweet so people don’t have to go to Twitter to read it.
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

THE undrafted Mason Marchment, who's 27 and never scored 20 goals or 50 points in his 91 NHL games?

Nah, no thanks 

EDIT - wait, I wasn't aware he is a UFA (thought he would be in a Miller trade), so if he's cheap enough, by all means Yes!

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 2

Wonder where the league will peg his contract value after last season?

Beyond exploding for some really strong scoring totals, his analytics, in terms of on-ice impacts, advanced stats/differentials, and microstats, were arguably even more impressive.

Projection and repeatability is the big question for me here, with just the one really good season under his belt.

But there’s a ton to like with Marchment.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A risk to overpay since he’s only had one good season, but if he will accept a reasonable deal around 4 mil he’s definitely worth it.

His analytics are off the charts.  Even watching Florida this season, you notice him every shift generating for his team.  Not concerned about the "one good year."  Hes a late bloomer for sure and if I were Florida i'd try keep him.  

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

THE undrafted Mason Marchment, who's 27 and never scored 20 goals or 50 points in his 91 NHL games?

Nah, no thanks 

I mean.... he may be an unknown, and not have any track record, but your post still undermines the fact that he had 18g,29a,47p in 54gp. 

"Man that Connor McDavid guy sucked in 2019-2022, he couldnt even break 100 points!" (Checks stats, sees he had 97 points in 64 games played), you know what im saying??

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nah, no thanks 

I don't get what being undrafted has to do with anything if he's in the NHL now. If anything, the fact he's here despite being undrafted is a positive, not a negative. It says he has a work ethic and wasn't propped up by GMs wanting to see their own picks have success to pad their resume. Whether or not Marchment would be a good signing is entirely dependent on how much/how long his contract is. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Down by the River said:

I don't get what being undrafted has to do with anything if he's in the NHL now. If anything, the fact he's here despite being undrafted is a positive, not a negative. It says he has a work ethic and wasn't propped up by GMs wanting to see their own picks have success to pad their resume. Whether or not Marchment would be a good signing is entirely dependent on how much/how long his contract is. 

Exactly.  

This guy obvs hasnt seen Marchment play.  If he'd watched Panthers games last year he would have noticed him every shift.  

4 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

I mean.... he may be an unknown, and not have any track record, but your post still undermines the fact that he had 18g,29a,47p in 54gp. 

"Man that Connor McDavid guy sucked in 2019-2022, he couldnt even break 100 points!" (Checks stats, sees he had 97 points in 64 games played), you know what im saying??

I edited my post

14 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

1 mil?  that would be an insult.  the guy is a late bloomer but man can he play. 

Was he injured in the playoffs.  I watched most of their games and don’t remember him.  What’s a fair deal?  

• Sad 1