The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 hour ago, kacholu said:

Looks raw with a ton of potential 

He lead world U18 in scoring last month GP 6 -- G 5 -A 10 --PTS 15

I would love to see Lekkerimaki 17, 5'10 , 175 lbs , get picked in WHL import draft and play for Giants this year...I imagine management team will pick the right journey for him..  2 -- 3 years away..

I am okay with pick.. 

I was hoping Mintyukov 10th O/A or Korchinski 7th O/A,  both were gone at 15th..

I was initially concerned about his size, but at only... what... 17.. he has years to add weight. I was worried about Petey at first for the same reasons, and it hasn't been too much of an issue for him.

Sounds like he has some skills, but his performances so far seem mixed. I also think that speed is essential in today's NHL, so unless he pulls a Horvat, it may be of some concern. Plus the steely look he has in the picture... I just don't trust those eyes. It's like Edward Norton in "Fear". :)

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Bo doesn’t blow by guys at all… he goes through them.  That is why, all things being equal, a bigger player beats a smaller player. 

He went from a below average skater to an average skater with extra attention to his development.

Smaller players need to be faster in the NHL and getting to be an average skater isn’t going to get him there.

I am going back to a lot of JR comments.  He said the team lacked quickness and he likes a big, fast team.  If that is the team identity you want, draft those kinds of players.

I guess after 8 years of watching a GM say one thing and then flounder around making random moves that didn’t adhere to any particular vision…. I would really like to see a clear path from what they say and what they do.

Sarcasm my friend.   The comparison was only that BoHo addressed a weakness with hard work and coaching,  if in fact Lekker needs work we shouldn't write him off before he even has a chance,  no?

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This kid has some Mike Bossy in him.  Scores in every way and from every where.  

How did he get those breakaways the kid does not have good skating. The scouts that watched this kid and had issues with his skating most have been drunk, or they think every player on the ice has skating issues. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Sarcasm my friend.   The comparison was only that BoHo addressed a weakness with hard work and coaching,  if in fact Lekker needs work we shouldn't write him off before he even has a chance,  no?

His skating is fine watch his highlights, there is no signs of any issues with his skating. 

Edited by vancan2233

14 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Watching his highlights he has no staking issues. The reports that have his staking as good are right. 

Good. We’ll need him to get rid of those disgusting vampires in Calgary.

• Haha 2