The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

I'm too lazy. You can believe it or not, your choice :)

I don't buy it. Here's the thing, somebody says, "I think", or "I believe" and then mutiple blog sites jump on with "sources say" like it's a fact to get their clicks. I've heard those Tucker Carlson radio guys, that know negativity is better for ratings, blab things like fact after seeing right here from some poster speculating. I've seen it happen time and time again. Most is just attention seeking bull. 

18 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I don't buy it. Here's the thing, somebody says, "I think", or "I believe" and then mutiple blog sites jump on with "sources say" like it's a fact to get their clicks. I've heard those Tucker Carlson radio guys, that know negativity is better for ratings, blab things like fact after seeing right here from some poster speculating. I've seen it happen time and time again. Most is just attention seeking bull. 

OK,like I said your choice

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Baggins said:

This.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

Actual sources or the typical Tucker Carlson media types? How about some links.... 

Can you bring the source that said Delorme went to Timrå to watch a small kid not doing anyone happy at the time? 
Please, enlight me and don’t come with the Trumplike Bennings moronic saving face words.

Here is one swedish article about the process and Brackett said the most.

Delorme isn’t even mentioned anywhere by Brackett.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/sa-lurade-de-alla-for-att-fa-elias/

This is from an interview in Sweden after Petey reached 100 points and it shows why Benning fired Inge and said Delorme was responsible for drafting Petey.

Inge was too open about his role in the drafting of Petey.

”Timråiten Inge Hammarström worked for many years as an NHL scout and was the one who ensured that the Vancouver Canucks drafted Elias Pettersson in the first round, as number five overall, in 2017.
He has long said that Elias Pettersson would be the next Swede to reach 100 points in the NHL.
Advertisement

He was beaten by Erik Karlsson by a day - but was immediately overtaken in the number of points.
- It is fantastic. He has a God-given and exceptional talent. You saw that early on, says Inge Hammarström warmly.
He says that he said "we have to take this one" to the club's owner before the year Pettersson could be drafted by the NHL clubs.
He pushed hard for the club to take both Elias Pettersson and Jonathan Dahlén - and that the duo together would take over in Vancouver after the Sedin brothers.
It didn't happen that way - but the dream of Pettersson struck.
- I don't know if the owners over there might think that "that damn Hammarström, he was right". But it's a lot of fun.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Can you bring the source that said Delorme went to Timrå to watch a small kid not doing anyone happy at the time? 
Please, enlight me and don’t come with the Trumplike Bennings moronic saving face words.

Here is one swedish article about the process and Brackett said the most.

Delorme isn’t even mentioned anywhere by Brackett.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/sa-lurade-de-alla-for-att-fa-elias/

This is from an interview in Sweden after Petey reached 100 points and it shows why Benning fired Inge and said Delorme was responsible for drafting Petey.

Inge was too open about his role in the drafting of Petey.

”Timråiten Inge Hammarström worked for many years as an NHL scout and was the one who ensured that the Vancouver Canucks drafted Elias Pettersson in the first round, as number five overall, in 2017.
He has long said that Elias Pettersson would be the next Swede to reach 100 points in the NHL.
Advertisement

He was beaten by Erik Karlsson by a day - but was immediately overtaken in the number of points.
- It is fantastic. He has a God-given and exceptional talent. You saw that early on, says Inge Hammarström warmly.
He says that he said "we have to take this one" to the club's owner before the year Pettersson could be drafted by the NHL clubs.
He pushed hard for the club to take both Elias Pettersson and Jonathan Dahlén - and that the duo together would take over in Vancouver after the Sedin brothers.
It didn't happen that way - but the dream of Pettersson struck.
- I don't know if the owners over there might think that "that damn Hammarström, he was right". But it's a lot of fun.”

Yes, and Delorme was sent over to check the kid out and reported back to Benning. It started when Pettersson was 15. That's been reported several times. But it says nothing about Bracket needing to "pound his fists", or anybody else for that matter, to convince Benning. Pettersson was the most heavily scouted forward by the Canucks since the Sedins. Now Gradin virtually had to "pound his fists" to get Burke to go after both Sedins. After the world juniors Burke was leaning towards trading his first in that draft rather than adding one to get the Sedins.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

Actually it was Delorme that came back from a trip to Sweden who said "we need to keep an eye on this kid" when Petey was 15. Canucks scouts had him under a microscope ever since then. I don't believe for a second Bracket had to "hammer his fists" to get Petey drafted. I've never seen that from any legit source. It's just Benning hate/Bracket god nonsense.

Brackett wasn’t the influencer when it came to Petey.  Benning was trying to make sure they drafted him from the moment he sat down at the draft table in 2017.  Even wanting to make a move with the Rangers.  Brackett had no clue Petey was even in the stands. Meanwhile, Brackett is the one who went hard after Mike DiPietro and Jack Rathbone…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Brackett wasn’t the influencer when it came to Petey.  Benning was trying to make sure they drafted him from the moment he sat down at the draft table in 2017.  Even wanting to make a move with the Rangers.  Brackett had no clue Petey was even in the stands. Meanwhile, Brackett is the one who went hard after Mike DiPietro and Jack Rathbone…

Aren’t the draft lists finalized before the draft? 

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

Yes, and Delorme was sent over to check the kid out and reported back to Benning. It started when Pettersson was 15. That's been reported several times. But it says nothing about Bracket needing to "pound his fists", or anybody else for that matter, to convince Benning. Pettersson was the most heavily scouted forward by the Canucks since the Sedins. Now Gradin virtually had to "pound his fists" to get Burke to go after both Sedins. After the world juniors Burke was leaning towards trading his first in that draft rather than adding one to get the Sedins.

So, why did Delorme check him out when he hadn’t done squat jet? 
Has Inge Hammarström something to do with that since he was born in Timrå, played for Timrå, lived in Timrå and talked a lot of hockey with a lot of people from Timrå at the time? 
Do you get my drift?

Why did Delorme go and watch one kid among thousands in remote Timrå when there where lots of others with much better resumes  back then?

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So, why did Delorme check him out when he hadn’t done squat jet? 
Has Inge Hammarström something to do with that since he was born in Timrå, played for Timrå, lived in Timrå and talked a lot of hockey with a lot of people from Timrå at the time? 
Do you get my drift?

Why did Delorme go and watch one kid among thousands in remote Timrå when there where lots of others with much better resumes  back then?

Inge Hammarström talking about Pettersson led to Benning sending Delorme over. Do you honestly think they select a player without more than one person checking them out? If you think he only checked ouit one player while in Sweden you're delussional. He also spent time with Gradin checking out SHL players.

21 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Inge Hammarström talking about Pettersson led to Benning sending Delorme over. Do you honestly think they select a player without more than one person checking them out? If you think he only checked ouit one player while in Sweden you're delussional. He also spent time with Gradin checking out SHL players.

I’ve said all the time that without Inge the Canucks wouldn’t have drafted Petey because Inge sold him so good.

But it seems you already know what I’m talking about.B)

3 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Why is this racket over who wanted to draft who so important?

Yeah it's super weird. I'm all for giving credit to scouts where credit is due, but clearly there are certain people here with certain narratives they're trying to push for whatever reason.

• Vintage 3

12 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Yeah it's super weird. I'm all for giving credit to scouts where credit is due, but clearly there are certain people here with certain narratives they're trying to push for whatever reason.

Timrafan has weird viewpoints and seems to spend a lot of time defending everything Sweden for some odd reason. Don't really think they need it. He hates Benning for the treatment of Superstar Jonathon Dahlen and thinks that Petey was maybe going to quit because his best friend didn't make it or something. Then he sometimes goes off on a tirade about psychology and how hockey players are like children that need to be coddled every step of the way.

He's much better now but I think this is just some residual Swedish pride or something. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t the draft lists finalized before the draft? 

That's the thing. They're not and it obviously blows the whole concept of BPA out of the water otherwise these guys wouldn't even need to show up to the draft if they simply selected the next available name.

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's the thing. They're not and it obviously blows the whole concept of BPA out of the water otherwise these guys wouldn't even need to show up to the draft if they simply selected the next available name.

Welllllll... it's not like they have the entire scouting staff sitting at the table. The lists do need to be set by draft day, but yes there is some limited wiggle room at the draft table.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HighOnHockey said:

Welllllll... it's not like they have the entire scouting staff sitting at the table. The lists do need to be set by draft day, but yes there is some limited wiggle room at the draft table.

Yeah they definitely have the lists set but it's much more complex than simply reading the next name. I'm a big believer in tiers. I'm not going to pretend to be some draft guru because I'm not. My biggest experience is I'm a pretty serious NFL fantasy player and spend hours, days, and months preparing. :lol: However, sometimes no matter what I think or how prepared I think I am the way the draft goes and the other players selected can definitely change your approach.

Kind of liker Benning with the why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind you kind of second guess everything you thought to be true. Better react fast though or you'll be utterly disappointed after t's all said and done.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah they definitely have the lists set but it's much more complex than simply reading the next name. I'm a big believer in tiers. I'm not going to pretend to be some draft guru because I'm not. My biggest experience is I'm a pretty serious NFL fantasy player and spend hours, days, and months preparing. :lol: However, sometimes no matter what I think or how prepared I think I am the way the draft goes and the other players selected can definitely change your approach.

Kind of liker Benning with the why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind you kind of second guess everything you thought to be true. Better react fast though or you'll be utterly disappointed after t's all said and done.

You're right IMO. The difference Brackett made was not so much each selection he made but the system he installed for assessing talent each on a equal no bias footing. I believe the system he implemented was in part the reason ToddHarvey has seen a seemless transition

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Timrafan has weird viewpoints and seems to spend a lot of time defending everything Sweden for some odd reason. Don't really think they need it. He hates Benning for the treatment of Superstar Jonathon Dahlen and thinks that Petey was maybe going to quit because his best friend didn't make it or something. Then he sometimes goes off on a tirade about psychology and how hockey players are like children that need to be coddled every step of the way.

He's much better now but I think this is just some residual Swedish pride or something. 

What is weird about having high expectations of a person that is a GM? 
And hate has nothing to do with it. I loathe people who try to save their faces in expense of players like Dahlen.

In politics we have the situation where election workers drop out because of threats.

Just because same kind of person like Benning instigate a flame.

This is pretty serious today when everyone interact with each other.

38 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So, about that Lekkerimaki kid... :P

He played a very mature game.

I didn’t think he was small either. Definately not as small as described.

Then, what is best if Djurgården loose the next game.

Should Lekkerimäki stay a year in SHL(hopefully) or go to AHL? 
As I said, he played very mature and might take the step over to NA hockey quite quick.

Edited by Timråfan