The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) PHI D Ryan Ellis’ career may be over

Rate this topic

RWJC

27 minutes ago, R3aL said:

U know what I meant mannn lol he’s not gonna play again for a player that’s retirement it’s brutal. It sucks. He was blessed to have his career and be as good as he was but just sucks

Loui retired- he did not LTIR so you know there is a difference.

2 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Had he stayed healthy it would have been highway robbery by the flyers. Philip Myers is looking like a buyout candidate and Nolan Patrick is a 3rd line center with health issues of his own.

He wasnt healthy prior to being traded though. He only played 4 games with Philly and that was it. His previous two seasons with NSH he played injured and was relegated to 30-40 games in those seasons I think.

It was a shrewd move by Poile to clear cap.

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

this might be one of those where a player has to think about the rest of his life. Do you risk lifetime pain for a a comeback at this point? Listening to guys like Jovo and Ohlund talk about the pain they live with now its pretty sad stuff. 

Well Jovo is a stand out case. He was freakin reckless out there. In all best ways...

One of my all time favorite players. I still remember being sad and overjoyed the day Bure left and Jovo arrived..

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

So, they're going to need d in Philly, Myers won't be going there, he's more important to us.

They might need a 3 pair RHD. Some of there prospects are a year away at least. They will have Risto and DeAngelo in their top four for RHD.

8 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well Jovo is a stand out case. He was freakin reckless out there. In all best ways...

One of my all time favorite players. I still remember being sad and overjoyed the day Bure left and Jovo arrived..

Ohlund for me, man could we use him now. 

I was lucky and got to go to a Canucks thing a few years back where he was speaking and meeting fans, and he talked about not even being able to put on skates just to be on the ice with is kid. Sometimes these guys give a lot. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

They might need a 3 pair RHD. Some of there prospects are a year away at least. They will have Risto and DeAngelo in their top four for RHD.

It’s clear the need a “Poolman” for their training facility.  

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

Crazy how many bad decisions Philly makes year after year. Even though some like this is bad luck. Goes back to literally every UFA signing they do, Terrible trades and terrible signings lol

Must be fun to be a pens fan. Watch Philly sign Malkin lol

4 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Crazy how many bad decisions Philly makes year after year. Even though some like this is bad luck. Goes back to literally every UFA signing they do, Terrible trades and terrible signings lol

Yea.  Hart should get tf out of there asap.  Torts is going to ruin that team. 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

As long as he storms another teams lockerroom again its a great hire. That was an iconic Canadian heritage moment

Always felt like he took that moment to pretend he cares about the canucks.  The guy didnt want to be here.  Still cant believe how he treated Burrows. 

22 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

As long as he storms another teams lockerroom again its a great hire. That was an iconic Canadian heritage moment

Someone def needs to edit that together. Brilliant. They should show it as part of the loop in our provincial museums.

Torts is a d!ck, but soooo entertaining. On par with Burke for me.

tone of my favourite exchanges of all time:

Edited by RWJC

On 7/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, JM_ said:

Ohlund for me, man could we use him now. 

I was lucky and got to go to a Canucks thing a few years back where he was speaking and meeting fans, and he talked about not even being able to put on skates just to be on the ice with is kid. Sometimes these guys give a lot. 

I was right in front of Ohlund in the cafeteria line on the ferry to the island. We chatted for a good 10 minutes waiting. Nice guy! 

Not even lace em up. Wow :(

• Vintage 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:31 AM, Mustard Tiger said:

I have close friends in Philly and even just watching the Flyers from afar through them is painful.  I mean, there's been talk in the past about EDM alumni hindering and interfering with the team, but the Flyers alumni are even more meddlesome--they were the driving force behind ousting Hextall as PHI GM and bringing in Fletcher, who's been an unmitgated disaster from the word 'go'.

If you think the Canucks fanbase is rife with negativity, it pales to the current mood of Flyers fans.  But Flyers fans have every reason to be that negative with what's going on with their team.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I was right in front of Ohlund in the cafeteria line on the ferry to the island. We chatted for a good 10 minutes waiting. Nice guy! 

Not even lace em up. Wow :(

nope not even to just fart around with his kid. 

• 2 months later...

Fletcher provided more detail on the injury with Seravalli explaining the seriousness of the injury which is impacting his every day life.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/flyers-say-defenseman-ryan-ellis-injury-may-be-career-ending/

For the first time, the Philadelphia Flyers revealed the nature of a devastating injury that may bring a premature end to the playing career of defenseman Ryan Ellis.

Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher told reporters on Thursday upon the opening of training camp that Ellis suffered a torn psoas muscle in 2021. The torn muscle, which runs from the lower spine through the hip, has caused significant hip and core issues for Ellis.

Officially, Fletcher said that Ellis is “out indefinitely,” unlikely to play this season, and acknowledged the possibility that Ellis may never play again. He has not played since Nov. 13, 2021.

Ellis, 31, skated in four games with the Flyers last season before sustaining the injury, which sources said is unrelated to any prior injury. With five points in those four games, he appeared to be exactly what the Flyers were seeking in a 2021 summer trade with Nashville. It’s been difficult to pick up the pieces since.

Ellis’ injury is devastating. So little is known about the psoas muscle and given its location, it is largely inaccessible to surgically repair. His hip and hip adductors are also ailing, according to Fletcher. It took a long time last season to properly identify and diagnose the injury. Ellis is believed to have undergone exploratory procedures in an attempt to find relief, as the torn psoas muscle has had a significant impact on his ability to live a normal life away from the rink.

Ellis has five years and nearly $30 million remaining on his contract, which was signed in Nashville. He was acquired by the Flyers on July 17, 2021 in exchange for Philippe Myers and Nolan Patrick.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 2