The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] B. Lemieux to be a UFA

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

The kid sucks at hockey.  
She he is a prick on the ice, which I usually dig, but he still sucks. 

He’s a distraction and not a good one.

used to be high on him, not anymore. 

Danton Heinen is the guy we should be looking at. Pens didn’t qualify him despite putting up 18 goals last season.

Could probably convince him to come play for his home team on the cheap. Not sure he’ll be in high demand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Danton Heinen is the guy we should be looking at. Pens didn’t qualify him despite putting up 18 goals last season.

Could probably convince him to come play for his home team on the cheap. Not sure he’ll be in high demand.

I agree Heinen would be a good option too but that's a depth scorer Vs Lemieux would be to bring more sandpaper to the lineup which management has alluded too. Sometimes you can't always get or do what you want though, management wanted to clear cap space but it is harder than they thought or didn't want to pay the assets to make a move for the sake of it?

Management has had long enough to look at the team, this off season is going to be interesting to see what if anything they end up doing

59 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I agree Heinen would be a good option too but that's a depth scorer Vs Lemieux would be to bring more sandpaper to the lineup which management has alluded too. Sometimes you can't always get or do what you want though, management wanted to clear cap space but it is harder than they thought or didn't want to pay the assets to make a move for the sake of it?

Management has had long enough to look at the team, this off season is going to be interesting to see what if anything they end up doing

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIFHq Both Is Good GIF

16 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I could see Lemieux being in high demand. Flyers,Habs, and Penguins, Las Vegas should all be interested Oilers probably too.

He is a deterrent an actual guy with size who can skate and hit and willing to play an agitator game.

Elite 4th line winger.

16 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Also Curtis Lazsr then or Noel Acciari.

• Vintage 1

The Canucks being the pansy team they are would never sign him.

They need guys with an edge for far too long who have size and hit and play with some edge.

More realistic target would be Zach Aston Reese for his hitting ability he is similar in that way to Brandon Tanev. Skates well enough to get in in the forecheck and hit.

The type of 4th liners you want.

20 hours ago, Devron said:

I hate this guy. Let’s sign him! 

My thoughts exactly... need a feew guys that other teams hate and make this team harder to ay against.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Canucks being the pansy team they are would never sign him.

They need guys with an edge for far too long who have size and hit and play with some edge.

More realistic target would be Zach Aston Reese for his hitting ability he is similar in that way to Brandon Tanev. Skates well enough to get in in the forecheck and hit.

The type of 4th liners you want.

He has massively inflated hit stats. I like Reese and would be interested in him but let's not pretend he's the thorn in your side hit machine his stats would suggest. His bumps get credited at hits. I like bumps tho sometimes a bump is all you need to make or kill a play Garland is a bump machine he doesn't get credited with hits because he's 5'8

Edited by hammertime

On 7/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mustard Tiger said:

Big big no. Always hear the rumblings that even his own team hates him. Passsssss

Jonathan quick came out and said he’s a fantastic teammate after that and said he would way rather brendans presence than Brady’s every single time 

• Cheers 1