The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Ilya Mikheyev

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Can anyone confirm if Mikeyhev can lay hits and play a physical game?? All I know is his speed and nifty hands to pop in a few goals on fast breaks!

Not sure about how physical he is overall, but I think his hit count last year was pretty average. Not low, but not high.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not sure about how physical he is overall, but I think his hit count last year was pretty average. Not low, but not high.

I see... all good.. we just need his speed, PK skills and a few goals... 

Lazar, Lockwood and Joshua can do all the banging!!

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Really like this signing. We just got faster and we're about to get his best years.

Looks like he may be able to put upward of 30g at some point.  A good step forward. Excited to see him in the lineup.

And also..... his arrival should make Podz and Kuz a lil happier too!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Except we're now winger heavy and moving Miller leaves us short at centre

We’re looking to trade Pearson  Dickinson and Miller.  Miller played mostly on the wing.  Ideally I’d like t9 have Petey Horvat and Miller all three down the middle. But unless you plan on not having a 4th line centre there won’t be enough icetime for those 3.  You can’t have Horvat or Petey only playing 12-15 mins.  

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

?? We don't need more 2nd/3rd liners.. Are we "going for it" again this season... ? 31 points on the freaking Leafs is not impressive. 

1 hour ago, Moe Knows said:

Someone (Garland or Pearson) is obviously getting traded to make room for him. Management must see this as an upgrade (potentially?) Time will tell

This is a guy they hope will play up in the line up and trade a lower player. Finally this gut should keep up with Bo at least, or Petey.

4 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Doms model says he is $6mil market value player yet his real salary at 4.75 is little pricey? 

Lots of LOSER LEAF reporters making it appear that Mikheyev isn’t so good to support the SHAMaplan and Dumbass.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

We’re looking to trade Pearson  Dickinson and Miller.  Miller played mostly on the wing.  Ideally I’d like t9 have Petey Horvat and Miller all three down the middle. But unless you plan on not having a 4th line centre there won’t be enough icetime for those 3.  You can’t have Horvat or Petey only playing 12-15 mins.  

When you say "Miller played mostly on the wing", are you talking about this past season???

For wingers who have proven to be capable of top 6 ice time, we have Garland, Boeser, Pearson, Kuzmenko and now Mikheyev. We also have Hogs and Podz - you would think one of which has a reasonable chance of being top 6 capable this season, or at least an elite 3rd. Possibly both if we are super lucky. We also have Miller but given the recent signings, we're going to have to move out some cap I think and Miller seems like the most logical place to do it. Since Joshua is on a 1-way, we can only assume the plan is to move someone and the only real options are Pearson, Dickinson, Miller, or Garland.

If we do move Miller we would have a challenging time replacing all his scoring, but I do like our new scoring depth on wing to at least give it a shot. 

Garland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson/Podz Horvat Mikheyev
Podz/Pearson Dickinson Kuzmenko
Hogs Lazar Lockwood
Joshua

Honestly, to me that looks like a better lineup than last year. I feel our scoring is anywhere from a wash from last year to potentially noticeably better, depending on how well some of those bottom 6 players manage to produce. In any event, the above lineup should still provide some cap space left to fix the D - which really needs to be Allvin & Co.'s next focus. 

Edited by kloubek

6 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

6M in the first year from what I understand.

image.png.b03f0f382dc30c1178ff90de74059d7c.png

Pretty sure that’s his projected value

i have athletic subscription and read doms stuff

cause jt doesn’t get paid 10mil

image.thumb.png.3fd624516d277248c54557b58b3a7084.png

Edited by mordekai

9 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Miller took almost 700 more faceffs than Petey this past season, 1233 to 540. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

When you say "Miller played mostly on the wing", are you talking about this past season???

Even under Green, Miller didn’t see a lot of time at centre.  It was only when Bruce came on and Petey was still struggling he put Petey on the 3rd line to find his game and put Miller at centre.  When Petey finally found his game we had 3 great centres.  And it’s the reason we were able to make a bIg playoff push. The fact a Miller can play well at centre will increase his trade value.  

5 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Miller took almost 700 more faceffs than Petey this past season, 1233 to 540. :lol:

I never understood why this matters in terms of position.  If a winger is good at faceoffs can they not slide back to wing during the course of play?  What if a player is good at the position but not faceoffs and vice versa?

Always found it strange.

Edited by Baratheon

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

They just said Lazar has really good speed as well :picard:

He’s not as awful a skater as everyone on her making it sound. He’s a better skater than lammikko

and the comparison to grabner was actually a good one to draw parallels too.

we will see how is hands develop at this stage of his career.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Pretty sure that’s his projected value

i have athletic subscription and read doms stuff

cause jt doesn’t get paid 10mil

image.thumb.png.3fd624516d277248c54557b58b3a7084.png

I havent seen all the numbers but that 10.4 Million for JT is probably just for 1 year.