The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Christian Wolanin

2 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Free depth defenceman that costs only minimum salary in cap space? Sign me up. Can never have too many D.

I agree and you could find a gem in one of these signings..I like Joshua 6'3, 205 adds toughness big body on 4th line another late bloomer..

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

One of my favourite scenes of that movie (and possibly one of the most underrated scenes) is the opening scene, where Denis is explaining the finer points of hockey...

Hard to believe those suits were ever in vogue.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Or internal competition for that 3rd pairing/7th (or 8th) D spot.

Is this guy any good? I mean if Dermott or Burroughs loses their spot to this guy, could mean bad things for our backend….

16 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I guess he slots in after Dermott and Rathbone on the left side? If we aren’t bringing back Hunt it’s something that needed to be done.

For RHD After Myers, Schenn and Poolman we have Dermott who can play his off hand, Burroughs, Juulsen and Keeper for depth.

I get it’s fun to pick up new pieces but there’s a lot of random AHL/Depth NHL guys on the right hand side.  The issue is we’re lacking a defensive-oriented top 4 to play with Hughes. Not another Rando Mcrighty to be number 8 on the depth chart.

"Rando McRighty"-brilliant