The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Would you do it?

(Imagine if you will...) Calgary are getting desperate. They couldn't resign Gaudreau, and Kadri refuses to sign with them.

But they have called Klingberg's agent and think they can put a deal together. So they are thinking they might sign Klingberg and then trade one of their Dmen for a top 6 forward...

Brad T calls Allvin and offers Rasmus Andersson straight up for JT Miller. Do you pull the trigger?

(note: Andersson is signed at $4.55m for 4 more years)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And have cap space.  But considering our current circumstance, if that offer was presented, then I’d hope JR would “get ‘er done.  

He was drafted with the Baertschi pick I believe. 

If we want to stock the shelves to have longevity we should be stockpiling 2nds. 

On topic I would want Rasmus and a 2nd.

• Like 1

Yes of course.  It may be the best offer we get.  OEL and Andersson together would be sweet music.

I think Calgary would do it as well if they can sign Klingberg.  But would Miller want to sign long term in Calgary?  Probably not...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Höglander    Pettersson    Lekkerimäki

OEL      Andersson

I would put all of the Swedes on the ice at the same time, just like Scotty Bowman did with the Russians when he was coach in Detroit.  Would love this actually...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

24 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I can't imagine JT signing with Flames.  If he doesn't sign in Vancouver, he's heading back east.  Home sweet home.

Yeah maybe. But VAN may be offering only 8.5 x 6 and maybe Flames (in different part of cycle) offer Miller more like 9.0 x 8 years...

Miller might go for such an offer considering what he might have been discussing with potential suitors

Man, I remember people wanting Carlo, Juulsen, Kylington, or Roy back in 2015. I was one of the few people who wouldn’t  have mind picking Andersson at 23rd. 

In a re-draft, he probably goes in the top 10.

Edited by shiznak

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But would Miller want to sign long term in Calgary?

What would we care?

If he doesn't want to be a Nuck long-term; screw him.

We could send him to Winterpeg, Cowtown, Tuktayuktuk (I mean Edmonton).

Then Cowgary could lose Little Johnny, TkchaPuke, and Miller!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Höglander    Pettersson    Lekkerimäki

OEL      Andersson

I would put all of the Swedes on the ice at the same time, just like Scotty Bowman did with the Russians when he was coach in Detroit.  Would love this actually...

so we could have a Swede line, a 'merican line and a Ruskie line, too 

Podkolzin    Kuzmenko    Mykeyev 

Hoglander   Pettersson    Lekkerimaki

Miller            Horvat          Boeser

11 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

(Imagine if you will...) Calgary are getting desperate. They couldn't resign Gaudreau, and Kadri refuses to sign with them.

But they have called Klingberg's agent and think they can put a deal together. So they are thinking they might sign Klingberg and then trade one of their Dmen for a top 6 forward...

Brad T calls Allvin and offers Rasmus Andersson straight up for JT Miller. Do you pull the trigger?

(note: Andersson is signed at $4.55m for 4 more years)

we'd be selling low. Cowtown is down, looking at losing Tkatpuke too. We should be stepping on their necks, not handing them the gift of Miller for a good player sure, but not nearly enough given how much we're hurting our own playoff chances. 

We'd have to be getting an unprotected 1st, a prospect and Andersson.

I'd trade him to whoever offered the best deal, divisional rival or no. I was proposing trading him to LA a while back, I wouldn't care if he went to Calgary. 

That being said, Calgary would have to pay. 

I don't care what happens with Miller once he's somewhere else or whether be burns us or not. That's the business, players come and go all the time. 

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

we'd be selling low. Cowtown is down, looking at losing Tkatpuke too. We should be stepping on their necks, not handing them the gift of Miller for a good player sure, but not nearly enough given how much we're hurting our own playoff chances. 

We'd have to be getting an unprotected 1st, a prospect and Andersson.

That deal is out the window.  We aren't getting that much in return anymore.  The demand isn't there.  Teams will either low ball us or wait until he's a UFA...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That deal is out the window.  We aren't getting that much in return anymore.  The demand isn't there.  Teams will either low ball us or wait until he's a UFA...

thats fine imo. I'd prefer to keep him.

Everyone wants to "fix" the F group and d this year but thats just not realistic. If we can keep Miller we've got a heck of a F group in the works now.

Lets focus on next year, when we can actually move Myers, and don't have any dead cap left. Thats when we get to bring in the upgrades. Severson and Weegar are UFAs next year. Or we can look to a trade. 

We might be able to squeeze more out of our d next year too starting the year with a real coaching staff. I also really like the potential of our new look PK which was our worst area. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is this JR/PA's fault for not making a deal at the trade deadline? 

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thats fine imo. I'd prefer to keep him.

Everyone wants to "fix" the F group and d this year but thats just not realistic. If we can keep Miller we've got a heck of a F group in the works now.

Lets focus on next year, when we can actually move Myers, and don't have any dead cap left. Thats when we get to bring in the upgrades. Severson and Weegar are UFAs next year. Or we can look to a trade. 

We might be able to squeeze more out of our d next year too starting the year with a real coaching staff. I also really like the potential of our new look PK which was our worst area. 

I don't mind keeping Miller as well if the deal is reasonable.  What needs to be avoided is another little Johnny situation.  That can't happen as we don't have the luxury of losing our best player for free.  Calgary didn't either and they are now a mess...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't mind keeping Miller as well if the deal is reasonable.  What needs to be avoided is another little Johnny situation.  That can't happen as we don't have the luxury of losing our best player for free.  Calgary didn't either and they are now a mess...

Benning left us in a real mess having Miller and Bo's contracts end at the same time. But it is what it is. 

I would imagine Bo is first up to lock down, hopefully that happens soon. Then I expect them to make a pitch for Miller. 

I just don't see any way around having to wait out Myers, regardless of what happens with Miller.