The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

6 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I keep hearing how he’s slow yet any film of him that I’ve seen shows him blowing past everyone.

He is not slow...he is a very agile skater. His quickness is not through straight line skating, but very elusive in his edge work, tight turns, and lateral movements. 

His straight line skating is not fast...imagine Conor Garland esque skating, lots of agility but no separating accelaration speed.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If we didn't already have Lekkerimaki, I would probably be more upset about not taking Benson. But with Lekkerimaki and the fact Willander can skate like the wind, has good size and is a good two player. I don't get why he's a problem. "Late riser though," so was Reinbacher and Seider. You take RHD when you can find them. 6'1, monster skater. Great pick for us.

Perfectly good pick.  I made my case for C but with Danielson/Dvorsky off the board Willander was my next choice.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

When I see 5'9" on the card im thinking the guy has to be uber talented to win with.  Im not betting on that, especially in light of how we need more size and grit all over the roster.

Isn’t Bedard listed at 5’9?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Just shows that you're not a fan of the team.  How can you wish a player on the canucks to not do well even if you don't like the pick.  If I didn't like the pick I would be more inclined to say, well not my choice, but I hope he proves me wrong.  But nope, you go full "troll" with this comment.  Time to put you on ignore.

Worst troll job ever. Supersized cap locks makes it even more ridiculous.

• Thanks 1