The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Possible PTO's (Training Camp)

Rate this topic

BureBurrito

50 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Rathbone - Subban ozone oriented 3rd pairing is ALL i want for christmas let's goooooooo

I don’t think he’s leaving the States. Seems to enjoy it there and his wife is from down there. 

Edit: they split up in 2021

Edited by Junkyard Dog

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t think he’s leaving the States. Seems to enjoy it there and his wife is from down there. 

Waived his ntc for a draft day deal to Vancouver once before. Deal fell through and he went to Nashville instead. 

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Waived his ntc for a draft day deal to Vancouver once before. Deal fell through and he went to Nashville instead. 

That was a while ago. He met and married his wife and started to brand himself a lot more after he was traded to Nashville. 

Edit: they split up in 2021

Edited by Junkyard Dog

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Both these things could be true. Also his options may be somewhat limited considering the recent signings we've seen (Heinen, Tierney, even El Nino). A this point he may have to settle for a one year deal, so location may matter less. I haven't heard either way this off-season?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

That was a while ago. He met and married his wife and started to brand himself a lot more after he was traded to Nashville. 

I just don’t see a reason why he or she would oppose to coming here, for him guaranteed top 6 minutes potentially even top 4. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I just don’t see a reason why he or she would oppose to coming here, for him guaranteed top 6 minutes potentially even top 4. 

Maybe but he wouldn’t be able to brand himself as well as he can down there, which he has been doing a lot more of since moving to the states. 

I should correct myself. He and his fiancé split up back in 2021 before the wedding. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Maybe but he wouldn’t be able to brand himself as well as he can down there, which he has been doing a lot more of since moving to the states. 

I should correct myself. He and his fiancé split up back in 2021 before the wedding. 

In this day and age you can brand yourself anywhere and Vancouver being a trendy city helps him more than it hurts him honestly. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

In this day and age you can brand yourself anywhere and Vancouver being a trendy city helps him more than it hurts him honestly. 

States has it better nevertheless. He seems to enjoy his time on ESPN. Most recently debating the toughest postseasons in sports with Stephen A Smith last month. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

States has it better nevertheless. He seems to enjoy his time on ESPN. Most recently debating the toughest postseasons in sports with Stephen A Smith last month. 

He’s got the job in the bag regardless of where he plays guy is gold on the mic and on camera. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s got the job in the bag regardless of where he plays guy is gold on the mic and on camera. 

For sure. Good sports personality. Could see him in media when he’s career is over. He’s been pushing hockey attention in the states during the off-season and playoffs, but I wouldn’t mind him on HNIC down the line. I imagine him and Bieksa going at it as a duo or picking on Elliot would be entertaining. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I like PK.  If he still has speed to keep up,  he can be an effective top 4 for nux. 

They’re not wrong.   Money is a huge deterrent, especially with kids needing to change gear every year.    And skill/ability  wise,.   I feel hockey is the most skilled organized sport in the world and the fastest .    It’ll never be as intense as it is in Canada.  

Edited by sassbs

This discussion makes it sound like PK is in front of a buffet with all sorts of on ice choices. I'm thinking he's looking for a serious offer from a decent team at this point. I'm pretty sure Vancouver could call his agent and offer him 1 - 2 million and they would consider it. 

However...

He would probably make more as a TV personality from this point on than he would playing.

17 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

This statement implies that Allvin was not a fan of Motte's play, but I believe it was more about not being able to afford a legitimate fourth liner in a tight, tight cap world. Motte would have been looking for 2-3 million AAV on his next contract and no fourth liner is worth that much in the market. He's a really good, honest, hard-working guy, but unless he agrees to league minimum, he won't be coming back to Vancouver.

Well I have no idea what he's asking for but it's not only Vcr who have rejected him it's the entire league. He's misread his own value. Motte is bottom 6 ( at best player) who I liked but was never over awed by his skills

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I'd be interested in Subban, we'd probably have to waive another RD though. Could be a good short term option given his experience. 

I posted about Subban in the "unpopular ideas" thread last week........guess it's not so unpopular

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

I posted about Subban in the "unpopular ideas" thread last week........guess it's not so unpopular

Dunno, but he was formerly a top D at one point and would likely be more than serviceable in a lesser role, it's not as if our RD options are exactly stellar and he still produced more offense than most of our D last year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1