The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Maybe someone else can give you advice for parking, I had a hell of a time with that. 

Was brutal parked at the university

we about to lose sad

refs suck 

27 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

There's a lot to like about the development this year. They done good. 

The sure did. I think I saw nine games overall and never went away disappointed in the effort, the speed and the fitness of the players. But for a bounce of the puck here and there, many of them could play in Vancouver. Abbotsford as the farm team was a brilliant move, both for fans and for the organization. They are building a solid fan base out here in the valley.

• Cheers 1

Is that seriously the best AHL refs there is in Playoffs?

Abby got robbed in this game and I cannot figure why refs would be so involved in elimination game?

Hogs was battling for position going for a live puck and the larger player lost his skates and his Center of gravity.

what is a player supposed to do on the forecheck, just let the defender retrieve the dump in every time?

that would be a really fun game to play and watch.

then the icing rule suddenly went from the modern one to the old leg breaking who touched the puck first.

Two very suspect calls that led directly to goals.

In and elimination game.

WWE level officials lead to WWE theatre Vs real sports.

The Wranglers should be embarrassed for the win and they looked really surprised to have won in the end of time.

9 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Haha how is this icing?

That was absolute BS. That right there changed the game. And it should not have been icing. Refs decided this series. It was so uneven. The first period was great. Then 2nd on and the refs start calling everything…

I had to take the night to cool down lol.

I honestly feel like that we were robbed of a win. But is what it is. Still proud of this season. And this team is taking good steps in the right direction development wise.

Cheers to all who cheered our boys on.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That was absolute BS. That right there changed the game. And it should not have been icing. Refs decided this series. It was so uneven. The first period was great. Then 2nd on and the refs start calling everything…

I had to take the night to cool down lol.

I honestly feel like that we were robbed of a win. But is what it is. Still proud of this season. And this team is taking good steps in the right direction development wise.

Cheers to all who cheered our boys on.

I wouldnt have called that icing, but it was close enough that I can see why some might.  

Helluva season........I've been watching since December and spent a good month posting here on game days all by my lonesome.  I'm glad others eventually saw how fun they were to watch.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

So what are the positives to this season? 

Our Jr Canucks hung with the best team in the AHL where it literally could have gone either way? 

Hogz looks ready for a reg spot in the NHL? 

Wolanin might be poised for NHL next year? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

So what are the positives to this season? 

Our Jr Canucks hung with the best team in the AHL where it literally could have gone either way? 

Hogz looks ready for a reg spot in the NHL? 

Wolanin might be poised for NHL next year? 

Pretty much...

Karlsson looks like a player as well as Bains. 

Think the real positive is the club now have a coaching set up, that seems to improve the players. 

Just now, spook007 said:

Pretty much...

Think the real positive is the club now have a coaching set up, that seems to improve the players. 

Thats a great point. We finally have a good development system in place. 

With the move to Abby and good work by colliton and staff, hopefully players are on the same system and it's just plug and play whenever they get called up. 

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Pretty much...

I think the best, most overlooked story was Jett Woo.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

This is video clip of that icing call. As Cody Severtson said in the Canucks Army game review, "Unfortunately, the hockey gods had other plans in the form of a bizarre icing call..."

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1