Googlie

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The D? Who knows.

OEL - Hughes

DeKeyser - Myers

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Poolman

Burroughs

Maybe the D pairings will change depending on the club we are playing?  Good teams will see OEL and Hughes on separate pairs, so each can carry their much weaker partner.  Against crappy teams (Habs for example) OEL and Hughes could be together.  Or do I have that backwards? 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe the D pairings will change depending on the club we are playing?  Good teams will see OEL and Hughes on separate pairs, so each can carry their much weaker partner.  Against crappy teams (Habs for example) OEL and Hughes could be together.  Or do I have that backwards? 

I was thinking about Myers, and how I believe he was supposed to be an offensive Dman. His first 2 seasons in BUF he scored 11 and 10 goals, and then over the years had a few 9 goal seasons, but then things dropped off last year when he only scored 1 goal, and I believe that was near the end of the season.  Maybe if they paired Myers with a more defensive D partner, he could take the puck and get in on the play more often. Get in front of the net, for some incredible screening. Wonder if DeKeyser can be that D partner.

9 minutes ago, Muttley said:

They need to get it as close to right as possible for the start of the regular season because our first month is a tough one. / Random observation; Boeser needs 

to play a tougher brand of hockey regardless of who he plays with. 

Agree; Boeser is big enough and strong enough to be more of a physical force; should take lessons from Pearson and Mils.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

The D? Who knows.

OEL - Hughes

DeKeyser - Myers

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Poolman

Burroughs

I think D will hold its own if team plays a 5 man unit.. 

OEL - #2 -- Hughes #1

Dermott/ Poolman -- Myers #3

Poolman/ Dermott -- Rathbone #6

#7 Schenn -- 8 Keeper --9 Juulsen --10 Burroughs

Dermott and Poolman will with and play with Myers..

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was thinking about Myers, and how I believe he was supposed to be an offensive Dman. His first 2 seasons in BUF he scored 11 and 10 goals, and then over the years had a few 9 goal seasons, but then things dropped off last year when he only scored 1 goal, and I believe that was near the end of the season.  Maybe if they paired Myers with a more defensive D partner, he could take the puck and get in on the play more often. Get in front of the net, for some incredible screening. Wonder if DeKeyser can be that D partner.

Dekeyser - Health scratch several night with Detroit,  32 yrs old not that fast..  Rather get a player off waivers in October..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This poster “gets it”.  We have excellent sets of forwards.  Now what do we do with the Benning D? 

I think D should be okay with Bruce getting forward to set up and be a 5 man unit... 

Defence is the weak link but with top 5 goalie and top 8 forward lineup things are exciting..

Defence ranks say 18th --20th ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Wrong.  Statistically they have been one of the worst pairings over the past 2 yrs.

Wrong? I said over their career and your cheery picked 2 years, and ones not even right. Last year Boeser didn't excel with anyone, if you feel the need to discuss why you're just a heartless sob. Even with an unsustainably low shooting percent, that pairing was still the best of all Peteys lines mates at controling the play by nearly 2%, surpassing Miller and the Pod/Hog line that was technically the best line last year.

The year before Boeser was our best forward, and Petey played under half the season. When they were together they played well statically which aligns what what I'm saying. Over the length of their career they have played their best hockey with each other.

You are entirely unable to have an unbiased opinion on anything Boeser related. It's absolutely wild and you seem to be completely oblivious to it.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Wrong? I said over their career and your cheery picked 2 years, and ones not even right. Last year Boeser didn't excel with anyone, if you feel the need to discuss why you're just a heartless sob. Even with an unsustainably low shooting percent, that pairing was still the best of all Peteys lines mates at controling the play by nearly 2%, surpassing Miller and the Pod/Hog line that was technically the best line last year.

The year before Boeser was our best forward, and Petey played under half the season. When they were together they played well statically which aligns what what I'm saying. Over the length of their career they have played their best hockey with each other.

You are entirely unable to have an unbiased opinion on anything Boeser related. It's absolutely wild and you seem to be completely oblivious to it.

So many things wrong with post.  Ive made and proven my points about boeser over and over again.  

The fact that you tried to even call our best forward at any point proves you're delusional. 

43 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

So many things wrong with post.  Ive made and proven my points about boeser over and over again.  

The fact that you tried to even call our best forward at any point proves you're delusional. 

Have you now? Because I have never seen you post any facts besides just saying Boeser is bad. 

What else is wrong? They did lead by 2% in control last year, at least according to evolves hockey (pretty fortunate I have a good group of friends who allow me to use their subscription for hockey pools). That's also where I'm getting my information from on 20-21. But if you have other sources I'm open to hear them? I assume your going off the article poster earlier to form your opinion since you never post actual stats. That is a snap shot from the same evolves hockey.

I have never once seen you actually defend any take you have on Boeser. But I guess if calling me delusional for stating a forward, who just so happened to lead the team in points in the year in question, was our best forward that year is "proving your point", you're just killing it.

• Like 2

I still believe Podkolzin should be RW on Petey's line. Although he's only 21, he's a rock, plays hard, is willing to drop his gloves, an excellent playmaker and is responsible defensively. 

Add the right LW and that line would be tough to play against. 

Miller doesn't need Podkolzin on his line. 

Spread the aggressiveness throughout the lineup. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

What I would do:

Hoglander-Petey-Podkolzin

Kuzmenko-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Lazar-Joshua/Dickinson

Gives each line some skill, speed and grit. The top 9 would basically split most of the minutes with the 4th line playing about 10 minutes a game. 

What I think Bruce will do:

Garland-Petey-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Miller-Podkolzin

Pearson-Horvat-Mikheyev

Dickinson-Lazar-Joshua/Hoglander

Really hope Hoglander gets a chance in the top 9 playing meaningful minutes but I don't know if it'll happen. 

• Thanks 1

So in this thread I've seen Garland missing or on the first line, and Hogs on the first line or in the press box.  Such a wide array of predictions.

I'm interested in seeing one of two combinations.....mainly depending on how good Kuzmenko is. If he is as offensively gifted as advertised, that top line in the first option should be dynamite.  I also really like the idea of the 3rd line......defensively should be responsible and would have the ability to use speed defensively while putting some pucks in the net also.  With EP40 and Podz on the second line, not much to worry about there neither.  The fourth line has an interesting feel also.  I agree that Pearson on the 4th line isn't part of the normal plan, but he and Mikheyev can quickly bump Hogs out of there.  Hogs hasn't earned the second line based on last year but if he's not putting up points, I think he's traded because the fourth line really needs an identity that's tough and defensively sound.....ideally with 2 guys with a good FO%.  I'm rooting for Hogs so fingers crossed.  Trading him won't help our cap unless he's used for a cap dump sweetener but then he won't be worth much if he's not scoring.  Hmmm

The beauty of Pearson on this team (despite his cost) is that he can be effective on any of these lines.  Very versatile and dependable if you're not wanting consistent scoring.

Kuzmenko - Miller - Boeser

Hogs - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Mikheyev - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Lazar - Joshua

(Dickinson, Lockwood)

or

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Dickinson - Lazar - Joshua

(Hogs, Lockwood)

• Cheers 1