The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Max Pacioretty out 6 months

Rate this topic

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’m so tired of teams being able to trade for injured players or players that will never play again.

Its cap circumvention to a tee, yet the league always turns a blind eye.

Same man. It’s a side show most of the time 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m so tired of teams being able to trade for injured players or players that will never play again.

Lol so Waddell took McCrimmon to be a sucker?  He gave away LTIR relief when Patches must've already been injured before (or maybe they could've dumped him later).

Seriously doubt any NHL player would hide an achilles injury for a whole month or decide not to have any surgery to fix it for that long.

Teams take advantage of LTIR all the time but I seriously doubt this is one of them. I also find it hilarious that people complain about this stuff as if the Canucks haven't had Ferland sitting on LTIR for the last two seasons.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Seriously doubt any NHL player would hide an achilles injury for a whole month or decide not to have any surgery to fix it for that long.

Teams take advantage of LTIR all the time but I seriously doubt this is one of them. I also find it hilarious that people complain about this stuff as if the Canucks haven't had Ferland sitting on LTIR for the last two seasons.

The idea that a player that will never player again should even count against your cap is the real joke.

Eliminate that and you eliminate half of this cap circus crap.

Do we know when he injured it? Was this a training thing then?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The idea that a player that will never player again should even count against your cap is the real joke.

Eliminate that and you eliminate half of this cap circus crap.

Do we know when he injured it? Was this a training thing then?

Agree there should be a solution to LTIRment that doesn't punish the player but also doesn't reward the team that takes on the contract.

Someone apparently leaked on Twitter before the official team announcement that Pacioretty suffered this injury pretty recently. There's also pictures of him in Canes practice gear, which I doubt they would fake for the sake of LTIR benefits.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Correction: It’s only cap circumvention to certain teams (the Canucks).

• Cheers 1