The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Likewise - so pumped to have Hockey back.

Tho i assume the likelihood of actually seeing the games is really low since these split squad games never get televised or streamed in anyway.

6 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I believe Sportsnet Pacific is carrying the Sunday game played in Vancouver.

On nux home page the 4:00pm home game is on Sportsnets TV and radio. 5:00PM away game is radio only. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

One of the players Drance really likes is Brady Keeper who was signed out of college by Florida.  He says he'll be a fan favorite.  We'll see how he does thru the end of the pre-season.  

I really liked Keeper last pre-season. It was too bad he got hurt, he stood out to me  and was hoping to see more of him. Hopefully his injury is well behind him and he’s 100%

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Loved that!

Reminds me of when I was an older kid and said, “You’re actually Kirk McLean?!” 

I said that to Tony Tanti, Trevor Linden, Gino, and ‘The King’. 

I only knew sweaters back then, not faces. ;)

I saw Tony Tanti today at Park Royal….his MIL lives in my building, so I see him regularly. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

The morning show is the best part of 650.

Halford and Brough are one of the few media personalities I enjoy listening to

Yes, their takes can be pretty bad, but they're very entertaining.  

I wonder if Bruce will decide to go with 2 extra forwards or just one. Having two gives us a bit more flexibility in having one physical guy like Lockwood or Di Giuseppe and one skilled guy like Hog... Dermott seems adequate as the extra D-man since he can operate on either side...

On 9/19/2022 at 9:34 PM, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I'll take an early pre training camp stab at the opening night roster. I think it looks pretty solid, lots of depth in Abby too.. at least at forward and goal.

Kuzmenko Pettersson Podkolzin

Garland Miller Boeser

Pearson Horvat Mikheyev

Joshua Lazar Hoglander

(Dickinson)

Ekman-Larsson Hughes

DeKeyser Meyers

Rathbone Poolman

(Dermott Schenn)

Demko

Martin

Other than Poolman, I like those lines, 4 lines of grief for other teams. 

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Sad I'm missing it all (damn this working for a living). I hear Hogz was a stud today. Love it, hope he reserves himself a spot in Bruce's good books.

Yeah, I think whoever buys into the program of working your a$$ off consistently will get a spot, I like that idea of not being gifted a spot if your not willing to. 

Hope it continues, seems to me Bruce wants it to be simple, forwards quick fore checking and hard back checking and a fast break out but not stretch passes all the time ala Green. 

Then D just has to be good, not great, and a lot less work for whoever is in goal, that was the team that fought the B's on the last cup run. 

If we can play that style, we'll be a force, I'm just bummed out new additions weren't available when we needed them i.e. Sutter Rous and you know who.. everything would be different but we're almost that team again! But this time with more depth! 

Are you ready for this Deb? I swear this team is going to keep a smile on your face all season long and into the playoffs.. gonna be fun!