The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Slegr said:

You guys are getting a little weird with the radio talk. Let’s keep this a PG site. 

What are you talking about? This is completely innocent.

Maybe you aren’t old enough to remember being a kid and finding creative ways to follow your favourite team past bedtime or when there wasn’t a televised game…? 

• Like 1

Biggest positive notes thus far for me have been;

D. Joshua: skates very well for a big guy, laughed in the box ready to go again after the one fight, didn't see him make any position gaffes or chasing too much.

Hoglander: doesn't look discouraged at all from being called out, his effort has been top notch even if not producing, every game he is among the top for engagement

Lockwood: still looks like he needs time to get ready but seeing a #7 out there flying around giving his best is great to see, BMo would be proud. The stink of Vey will wash away like the foul stench of Orc on the walls of helms deep after the rain.

OEL: man this guy makes the game look easy, without him the Transition from Edler not being on this team eating 20 mins plus a night would put us back years. Look how hard it is to draft Defense, sometimes you should just drft 2nd and down for positional need.. imo

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What are you talking about? This is completely innocent.

Maybe you aren’t old enough to remember being a kid and finding creative ways to follow your favourite team past bedtime or when there wasn’t a televised game…? 

I listened to the radio / Canucks all the time, believe me. Perhaps I was too old though, as I wasn’t sneaking a radio into the bed with me, or falling asleep listening to it like some on here.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't think JD's spot on the roster was ever in jeopardy.  For better or worse, he's on the roster, imo 

Has he done anything to indicate he's a regular NHL player? 

After last season, we see guys like Hogz bust his but tabs show up to camp in great shape. 

What has Dickinson done? He blends in with the prospects and PTOs 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Has he done anything to indicate he's a regular NHL player? 

After last season, we see guys like Hogz bust his but tabs show up to camp in great shape. 

What has Dickinson done? He blends in with the prospects and PTOs 

He's not nearly as bad people here make him out to be.  He's a serviceable type of player who you don't mind sitting in the pressbox when you don't need him.  I'd rather not see a young player in that role, they're better served in Abby.

Tye fact that he is centre depth shoukd be enough to keep him around.

Wanna hear something really crazy…?

Jimmy Vesey may be the starting top line winger for New York Rangers this season. 

yes, apparently he’s having a great camp and Gallant sees him as a potential 1st line performer for the Rags. 

go figure.

4 hours ago, mordekai said:

Dakota for sure is a lock due to what he brings but I like to see him get more game reps with Lazar

I think there is more than one cut left no?

boeser/mikheyev/downling injured 

we still have: 

kuz-petey-hog

pearson-jt-garland

podz-bo-karlsson

dakota-lazar-dickinson

di giuseppe-dries-aman

so at least 2 more forwards

Dhaliwal said today that he thinks they will carry 14 forwards and 7 defenseman, if the 3 injured players all go on IR then that's only 1 cut left for now at forward.

57 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Playing 8 D men?

Wonder who will actually get paired together. That will be telling as to who starts the season.

I’m gonna say they go:

Hughes Schenn

OEL Myers

Rathbone Burroughs

Thats what I'd like to see but no way they bench Poolman 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Playing 8 D men?

Wonder who will actually get paired together. That will be telling as to who starts the season.

I’m gonna say they go:

Hughes Schenn

OEL Myers

Rathbone Burroughs

I’m pretty sure that’s just who’s left on the team. 2 forwards to cut. They’ll run 8 D to start the season. 2 extras 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Listening to Canucks games on the Radio at one time was pretty much your only option a lot of the time. Vancouver had like 6 games a year on Hockey Night in Canada. And BCTV would at best show another 24, and TSN another 12. So half the year if you wanted a hockey fix it was the radio.

"And now I'd like to pass along the usual special hello, to hospital patients, and shut ins, pensioners, the blind. People that don't get out to games but appreciate our broadcasts...."

There was no one better!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m pretty sure that’s just who’s left on the team. 2 forwards to cut. They’ll run 8 D to start the season. 2 extras 

Right but for the game tomorrow.

It will be telling who suits up as I would imagine that’s who starts the season.

• Cheers 1