The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brock Boeser out 3-4 weeks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3-4 weeks seems like a really quick recovery so probably (hopefully) it was a relatively minor issue. Should get him back in time for the home opener.

Hard to say without knowing the nature of the injury, but surgery and missing preseason and just a single road trip isn’t a bad outcome.

Especially since Brock already had good familiarity/chemistry with his linemates, so they probably doesn’t need preseason to work out the kinks as much as some of the other lines/pairings.

And it’s definitely better than doing a few months worth of nonsurgical treatments for a nagging issue and then eventually having to shut him down anyway for a surgery midseason.

11 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well I think we can officially say Boeser is made of glass. 

One more bad year and he'll be traded.   They only signed him (and short term) so they wouldn't pull a "Jim Benning Special" and lose him for nothing and give him one last chance!  Hopefully he recovers well and surprises us all and becomes more than a powerplay shooter, positioned at 12 degrees to the right of the goalie, at 22.5' feet out ! 

Surely he can be more than that!

1 minute ago, Sylas said:

Just what a sniper needs… a hand injury. Here I was hoping he’d have a huge bounce back year and score 30+ goals. 

luckily we have better depth this year to cover short term. 

Well depends on the hand. And if it’s three to four weeks seems like it was pretty minor.

I’d honestly be more worried if it was a shoulder or even a groin issue. Shoulder and groin injuries can really linger and I really don’t wanna see anything hinder his already average skating.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well depends on the hand. And if it’s three to four weeks seems like it was pretty minor.

I’d honestly be more worried if it was a shoulder or even a groin issue. Shoulder and groin injuries can really linger and I really don’t wanna see anything hinder his already average skating.

Back would be even worse.  Hands usually heal up good as new.

• Cheers 3