The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Rachel Doerrie

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

oof. Not a serious person. 

This kind of thing will not help her reputation, unless the plan is to go into media next, which is likely. 

Nah. No reputable company would be hiring her because she has no filter, which is just asking for trouble, especially when making problematic speculations about Hughes's brother (Luke). Yes, that was what she put forward.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Wow 

I'm glad that they fired her now. That's some next level petty and immature 

She’s a loser.

Trying to stay relevant and soak up 15 seconds of fame. My prediction is you never hear about her again.

• Cheers 3

It's very possible that she has grounds to sue the Canucks for dismissal without just cause/wrongful termination (if that's what she's sueing over) but posting snide comments about the Canucks online certainly doesn't help her cause. I'm sure the lawyers she hired are telling her to shut up and to stop going online.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

It's very possible that she has grounds to sue the Canucks for dismissal without just cause/wrongful termination (if that's what she's sueing over) but posting snide comments about the Canucks online certainly doesn't help her cause. I'm sure the lawyers she hired are telling her to shut up and to stop going online.

they could give her a week's severance and fire her for whatever reason they want without her having legal recourse. 

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Nah. No reputable company would be hiring her because she has no filter, which is just asking for trouble, especially when making problematic speculations about Hughes's brother (Luke). Yes, that was what she put forward.

its actually sad to see. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

she is the social media generation. they will be pariahs in the workplace until they eventually overwhelm the remaining decent humans left by sheer attrition. 

test guy GIF

We are 0-4 since we fired this chick. Coincidence? I think not. The video guy must be struggling hard to plug in the prompter and point the ruler at the screen to illustrate what's going on. She was integral to our success. We are seeing her loss on the ice. This hurts more than the time we traded Linden, or the time we let Naslund walk instead of him retiring as a Canuck. It almost hurts as much as that time we waived Corrado and he was stolen from us by Toronto. That's peak pain for me.

• Haha 4

On 10/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, tas said:

they could give her a week's severance and fire her for whatever reason they want without her having legal recourse. 

Almost right… that is the minimum required by law in BC for her length of employment and they don’t even have to have a reason.  They just can’t use a reason that is considered discriminatory.

She likely has a decent case for more than the minimum.  She would likely have a contract with a set amount and If you hire someone from out of town and they relocate for your job and/or leave another job to take yours… arbitrators or courts will mostly look on that as the employer having some added burden of responsibility beyond the minimum.

It isn’t huge dollars though and a high priced lawyer is going to take most of it.  A few extra weeks of defence and some costs related to relocating is really the ceiling unless there is some sort of malfeasance by the employer.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, Dazzle said:

Called this a long time ago. She is truly unprofessional and that has always been her (online) persona. People just didn't see (for whatever reason) this attitude issue.

This was a very bad hire from the very start

I doubt she'll be getting any more high level job offers at this point. You do not want people badmouthing old employers for clout. The next team that hires her (and fires her) will be her next target. She is shockingly unfit in any public job.

Shame on those people who thought it was sexist to criticize her character. She doesn't seem to have learned anything from her past job experiences.

Well, you supported Benning a lot and he was garbage... Let's see how long you can stay on that high horse you climbed. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2022 at 8:35 PM, DS4quality said:

All I know is we haven't won a game since she left

All I know is that her 'work' on this team is bad. Did she even do any work with her number crunching? How did she advise the Canucks to get to this point? Were the numbers so bad that she was fired? There are many questions about this firing, and none of them are good ones about her.