The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I know it's still preseason but the effort level is unacceptable. Defence continues to be a tire fire. Hope Bruce really lays into these guys after the game.

They can't afford to start slow once the season starts again. I don't think this fan base can take another year with no playoffs and I feel the same way. Playoffs or time to blow everything up and rebuild properly this time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’ll panic when they start losing with a full roster.

Right now I’m just disappointed with the lack of effort and execution. For a team that wanted to hit the ground running, they’re running out of runaway to be able to do that.

Agreed.  It's time to lean out the roster and shake the team out for the last 3 games.  Should be pretty clear by now for the most part.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Thought you’d hate them, they weren’t signed by Benning. 

No, it's obvious that Benning was spinning tires in the mud, especially leaving Travis Green where he was. Everytime he had something good, he'd somehow shoot himself in the foot.

And guess what Rutherford did? He made no big changes lol.

Let's get real here - Mikheyev is an interesting addition, but he's not really a boost in offense. Kuzmenko is unproven, and that's all the additions we have, along with LAzar.

My issue with this is the changing of narratives by the media/fans.

Edited by Dazzle

Just now, Muttley said:

I'm not. It's exhibition. Who cares. Most of this is for the guys that worked hard in camp and are being given a chance to play in an NHL game, albeit a meaningless one.

Ya and then comes who cares it's early, still a lot of time to make up ground and get back into it. Where have we seen and heard that attitude before. Oh ya last year.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How do they justify keeping Poolman in the lineup? 

They are trying to get him back up to speed. He has a bigger contract and he profiles as a player of need.

he’s coming off a big injury and he hasn’t been training in the off-season as long as everyone else so they are trying to get him going. 

he could start year in abby or carried as an extra dman and get back up to speed in practice and his conditioning up

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

I'm not. It's exhibition. Who cares. Most of this is for the guys that worked hard in camp and are being given a chance to play in an NHL game, albeit a meaningless one.

Good habits start in training camp, carry through preseason and into regular season.

You may not think it matters, but being a good team starts from day 1. All I see is old habits and laziness from the last few seasons creeping back in.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I’ll panic when they start losing with a full roster.

Right now I’m just disappointed with the lack of effort and execution. For a team that wanted to hit the ground running, they’re running out of runaway to be able to do that.

That's what I've said all along.  I don't care about the outcome, but I do care about the effort level

• Cheers 2

I hope the identity crisis that has surrounded this group for a number of years now gets rectified early this season because so far, even though preseason, this is yet another canucks team looking like a rudderless ship. No idea what this team is supposed to be other than a bubble playoff team. 

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

But then those guys are not doing much with the chance

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think he's been all that bad, OEL has been worse tonight.

I don't think most of us are criticizing Poolman for fun... The optics are just real bad!! Schenn doesn't have much speed but he makes up for it by doing all the simple things cleanly!!