The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

4th line C, Lazar has been Wing all camp, slides in for faceoffs on strong side. 

this is true. they wanted lazar for his physicality and energy, you largely lose that playing him in the middle. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Dickie was getting paid in Pounds Sterling was he? jk

All the LTIR, waivers, starting roster, etc, is to be resolved today isn't it?

PA & His Large Band are deserving of some serious credit on this trade: got cap room, did a cap dump, got rid of non-performing player, moved a forward for a D, got a player with grit who can also back it up, all for a 2nd round pick almost 2 years from now, in an extremely difficult trade market with most teams having almost zero cap space.

Not sure if that's warranted. The salary cap issue was somewhat self-inflicted with the re-signing of Miller. We are still needing to re-sign Horvat, keep in mind. I feel like they have actually cornered themselves right now.

21 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

4th line C, Lazar has been Wing all camp, slides in for faceoffs on strong side. 

I think that was probably to get a good look at aman to see what they've got there.  Lazar is already a known commodity.

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

so.. Im just wondering.. Karlsson and Aman seems to be in the lineup. So did we just trade a 2nd away so we can free up roster spots to keep Karlsson and Aman? Both players doesnt stand out to me at all. But both are Swedish and Allvin is Swedish. Too much Swedish love? 

I thought Aman actually played well in preseason to be fair. He probably has a particular role that the club wants him to play (fourth line player?) or a depth piece in case of injuries. He's cheap, came here for free, I got no complaints. 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Where is Aman going to play with milker, horvat, Petey and lazar down the middle?

Lazar might move to wing, if Aman is playing centre on that fourth line, with Joshua on the other wing. 

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

so.. Im just wondering.. Karlsson and Aman seems to be in the lineup. So did we just trade a 2nd away so we can free up roster spots to keep Karlsson and Aman? Both players doesnt stand out to me at all. But both are Swedish and Allvin is Swedish. Too much Swedish love? 

We did it so we could actually ice something resembling a 23 man roster, being able to actually recall "papered" players, given the amount of short term injuries that don't allow us to put players on LTIR and are further complicating our already tight cap space.

Beyond that, we got rid of an ill fitting player and received some much needed (injuries) D depth.

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I thought Aman actually played well in preseason to be fair. He probably has a particular role that the club wants him to play (fourth line player?) or a depth piece in case of injuries. He's cheap, came here for free, I got no complaints. 

Canucks sucked in the pre season - but I understand it is only the pre season, so it doesn't matter..

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Canucks sucked in the pre season - but I understand it is only the pre season, so it doesn't matter..

yeah, they sucked in the pre-season, but the last two games they won, didn't they? A lot of the veterans and the really good players don't go hard in pre-season and for good reason. Injury is just around the corner. We didn't even go that hard, and we still had so many injuries to players. We're missing two top six players from the top six in Brock and Ilya. That's going to hurt. Petey was almost hurt, and Höglander as well. So yeah, let's see where they are at on Wednesday. 

8 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Nah, Karlsson showed that he's decent enough to fill in when there are injuries. Boeser/Mikheyev are currently out, so he's filling in. The dude needs to work on his skating to make the NHL permanently imo. He will most likely be in the ahl developing when everyone is healthy. 

Aman on the other hand, impressed. He looked like he needed time to adjust to the NHL, but after couple of preseason games and practices, he learned and adapted very quickly. Bruce pencilled him in as 4c and has been delivering the entire time, making smart plays away from the puck and skating very well. He has been anchoring Joshua and Lazar, and severely outplayed Dickinson. The 4th line identity seems like physical, hard to play against, without being a huge defensive reliability. 

Myers is out for 2 to 4 weeks, and with dermott concussed, adding stillman is just an insurance on the lhd. It's already frail as is. 

On 10/10/2022 at 12:02 PM, N4ZZY said:

yeah, they sucked in the pre-season, but the last two games they won, didn't they? A lot of the veterans and the really good players don't go hard in pre-season and for good reason. Injury is just around the corner. We didn't even go that hard, and we still had so many injuries to players. We're missing two top six players from the top six in Brock and Ilya. That's going to hurt. Petey was almost hurt, and Höglander as well. So yeah, let's see where they are at on Wednesday. 

Injuries will test the depth and good chance, it will be the MAIN reason that will kill off the playoff dream. The past regimes bad decisions continually haunts the current Canucks..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Watch him center the Patrick Kane line and put up 60 points this year

Then even more good riddance because he's yet another player who will perform well unless he's wearing an orca on his jersey.  That's how I try to talk myself through situations like that......right or wrong.

• Cheers 1