The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Strawbone said:

This has gotten so bad that I'm re-evaluating the time I spend watching Canucks games, and instead of wallowing in pity in the PGT I decided to dust off my guitar that I haven't picked up in about a year and start teaching myself to play again. I just kinda learned to finger-pick Hallelujah! A few more weeks of practice and I'll have it down. Yay me B)

I have been PVRing the games and watching from about a period behind so I can skip commercials/intermissions. 

It takes the edge off a bit because you aren't as invested emotionally into it. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diesel_3 said:

I have been PVRing the games and watching from about a period behind so I can skip commercials/intermissions. 

It takes the edge off a bit because you aren't as invested emotionally into it. Highly recommend.

You were so passionate then, it's admirable you still do considering all the heartbreak. Hope one year they finally get it together. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

I'm already tired of 'Canucks hockey' and we're only 3 games in. Remember how happy we were when Kuzmenko scored to make it 3-0 early in the 2nd period of game 1? 

how are season is going

Baseball Fail GIF

Getting out of the basement last year was among the most magical and special times on this Board. 

I just want that magic back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Trade miller for a d-man, nope, signed him for 7 years.  Now watching him be on the ice for every F*&*ing goal against.  Watch Horvat just....be there.  Cool.  Watch our collection of 7th d-men just...struggle.  You wearing your struggies boys!!??  Yep, check.  Giving up the lead in 3 straight, and just pass to nowhere, blow our special teams, just get out competed, out wanted...have our best players show up for moments and fade.  God, give us mercy.  We aren't even going to be in it for Bedard.  What a master class sh(t show this is.

Edited by Solinar
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe I am becoming numb to it, but I think there were a lot of silver linings tonight.

The team wasn't horrible, but they changed strategies to throwing the puck into the zone and changing as opposed to taking the room that was given to them. That was the dagger. Can't keep changing game plans once you're up. This team is built for possession and they simply aren't playing that game. When they do they are successful.

Players were off and on, but at least guys didn't suck for the entire game like Bo or Miller. There were some bad mistakes but overall weren't completely terrible.

I'd argue Hughes was our worst defenseman and Demko had a rough game.

Demko is off to a rough start this year but hopefully he turns it around. He's not playing aggressively this year and it's killing him. When he's rolling he plays much further out. He's getting killed playing deep in his net. Tonight it killed the team.

Bo put in an acceptable effort tonight, I actually thought Boeser had a decent night tonight (normally I think he's awful) but you can't have Burroughs being your best defenseman on the night. It's time for Hughes to step up. He keeps attacking players on the wall for no reason on rushes instead of playing smart positionally. He also needs to take more chances offensively. This team is afraid to use the boards in the offensive zone and in preseason it was working brilliantly.

Hoglander was fantastic tonight. No way he deserved to be dropped down to Lazar of all players. He carried his line tonight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solinar said:

Trade miller for a d-man, nope, signed him for 7 years.  Now watching him be on the ice for every F*&*ing goal against.  Watch Horvat just....be there.  Cool.  Watch our collection of 7th d-men just...struggle.  You wearing your struggies boys!!??  Yep, check.  Giving up the lead in 3 straight, and just pass to nowhere, blow our special teams, just get out competed, out wanted...have our best players show up for moments and fade.  God, give us mercy.  We aren't even going to be in it for Bedard.  What a master class sh(t show this is.

Canucks will be a lottery team and I would BET we end up with 3rd OA.

We can't have shiny things and when we do, they just look pretty and don't do anything (Boeser).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1