The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, hammertime said:

Lol this is a joke right. Where are all the Boudreau fan boys???? 

We are giving up important points here. There is no excuse for he start this team has had yet again. 

He doesn't look the same as last year.  Where there is smoke there is fire, and Friedman has already said he's not sure that management and Boudreau are on the same page when it comes to style of play.  Let the coach do the coaching or get your own guy in there.  Seems like meddling to me but who knows.  

Just now, DeNiro said:

Almost at that level of apathy where I don’t care anymore and we’re on lot 4 games in…

I hate it!

The way I look at it, if this was mid Nov and they went on a 4 game winless streak on the road, I would be upset but not saying playoffs chances are over. 

Good thing is it is just game # 4.  

Lot of problems to fix.  Just have to trust the coaches and the players to fix it. Adversity builds character.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm going to extreme lengths to get Bedard. Land a top 3 pick and I'm trading to get number 1. ( we sure as hell aint getting #1 LOL ) EP and Bedard could be our lite version of mcdrai

Honestly, it might be the best path forward, but I don't think EP will stay for another partial rebuild, which is what would be necessary to fix the blueline properly. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think it’s safe to say it’s not the coach anymore.

I actually need to apologize to Green. He wasn’t nearly as bad as I said he was.

The players are the problem. Management needs to make the non emotional decision they said they would and trade someone from the core. This team just isn’t the right mix. They’ve been mentally weak for years, you can’t keep running it back.

its like the coilers of a few years ago...how many coaches did they go through before they realized changing the coach dont matter if your D core is hollow and your forward mix is wrong.

I kinda feel sorry for Bruce, great guy, retirement age...his health doesnt need this.

• Cheers 2