The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I like Podz as a winger and you don see wingers transition to C at this stage in his career.

We need him to become a penalty killer though.

It will get him more minutes and I think he can be quite effective.

Aman-Mikehyev

Lazar-Podkozlin

At this stage in his career?

He is only 21 lol

There have been a lot of success stories of wingers transitioning to centre. He as all the tools to do so.

10 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Is too late to trade miller u less we are giving out more 1st round pick n salary retention. Any decent GM is going to figure out JT is the root of locker room issue if canucks are offering to trade him now. 

No I don’t agree that he can’t be traded there’s lots of teams that are riddled with douchbags top to bottom adding one more with certain teams wouldnt be a problem. (Edmonton evander Kane). The canucks don’t fall into that catagory. Seriously. 

9 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Im still convinced Miller is a winger.

I feel he played C last year admirably.

But in the face off dot he wacks at the puck.

When he played winger with Petey petey covered C defensive responsibilities not miller.

Last season Pearson and Boeser were stronger on the boards and won puck battles. Miller was also really driving play, very confident and moving his feet.

This year hes constantly standing still or gliding watching plays develop.

Its bizarre.

Last year the turnovers were here. The defensive issues were here. But the compete was there, and he offensive production.

I am not seeing the same player. And we needed him to take a step forward not a step back.

Boudreau clearly sill believes in him and when his super stars struggle he plays them more to get them going.

I think he needs to put him on he wing with Petey and let him finish some of these beautiful passes that Kuzmenko Hoglander and Podz / insert wingers name have had issues 

I say run:

Miller-Petey-Boeser (Petey first line and get Boeser and Miller scoring again since hes firing on all cylinders and needs finishers around him rn)

Kuzmenko-Horvat-Garland (Secondary Scoring)

Pearson-Aman-Mikehyev (Checking Line)

Joshua-Lazar-Podkolzin (Energy Line)

I think if you can play Aaman up against McDavid his kid can play this role till we get Miller going and maybe Boeser too.

i just find it funny the Pro miller ppl on cdc were arguing with me all summer how Miller is superior to EP Horvat and everyone else.. and even have "selke" votes to show for it lol. i've always argued miller is the laziest defender out there.. and it's usually his 2 wingers that's doing the work.. he doesn't pressure when he's defending.. and if he's not already in the D zone.. he doesn't really make the effort to get back there... and no i wouldnt' put EP with Miller or Boeser. i just keep him with kuz and podz.. the amount of chances kuz gets and he's not afraid to shoot he'll find the back of the net eventually.. any one that's put on Miller line have been affected negatively by his effort in games so far.. until he changes his effort i wouldn't put EP or anyone with him.. let alone we don't have a 3c anymore

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

No I don’t agree that he can’t be traded there’s lots of teams that are riddled with douchbags top to bottom adding one more with certain teams wouldnt be a problem. (Edmonton evander Kane). The canucks don’t fall into that catagory. Seriously. 

You are dreaming

Kane was a free agent and not tied down to 7 more years

Nobody is going to give up anything valuable for 8 more years of laziness 

• Cheers 1

its embarrassing to watch a team that doesnt have any confidence......its like most players play without confidence, look at the nr of tiems when they pass instead of shoot!?! its like we have petey and horvat and the rest are under the ice they are so cold.......we need to win so f-n bad to get some confidence and start a trend to believe again because this team is sooo much better then its currently performing. something is just wrong in their heads and somehow its spreading throughout the team on the ice. we are embarrassingly below our own potential.....jesis....

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

It's not a coincidence the team seems more divided now that Yeo's here.  That guy's been a cancer everywhere he's gone and it was insane to hire him.  He needs to be fired immediately before he does more damage; we saw he havoc a coach with character issues can cause with Green.

If I get problems with my computer I immediately delete the latest app or add on. Maybe Yeo is one of those bad heel end of the loaf. 

We need to add player friendly coaches like Scott Walker. I think Hansen is that guy. Or Ryan Johnson. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, mordekai said:

You are dreaming

Kane was a free agent and not tied down to 7 more years

Nobody is going to give up anything valuable for 8 more years of laziness 

That is a problem.  And it would cost more to dump him but  other teams do stupid sh!t when there loading up at tdl and taking multiple players of equivalent term and salary isn’t out of the question

Edited by chon derry

33 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Other than Pettersson, Podkolzin, Hughes, and Demko, there is nothing remotely redeemable of this team anymore.

Keep those four, and tear the effing structure down to the ground. The rest can go.

...and Petey would likely walk at the end of next season

Absolutely wrecked by a better team, at least in the previous games we were in it until the end, now it looks like we're getting worse - not even close in this game. No Hughes makes a big difference but we still got pasted tonight.

JR's comments of a retool on the fly will probably start soon, I think he'll let other GMs know that we're open for business and ready to sell some veterans to playoff-hungry teams.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, J-23 said:

At this stage in his career?

He is only 21 lol

There have been a lot of success stories of wingers transitioning to centre. He as all the tools to do so.

Can you share a few with me? I’m not saying it’s impossible I’m just drawing blanks.