The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

we should extend Schenn. 

He's won a couple cups, maybe he'd be willing to ride out the remainder of his career trying to help us turn this ship around.. 

He doesn't solve our top 4 issues but at least he's a professional game in and game out. Good glue guy. I've called him a stopgap in the past as I don't see him as a long term player but that doesn't mean he can't still bring value. He'll be 33 early November and likely only has a few years left, but if you get 4-5 seasons out of a bottom pairing D that's pretty damn good. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

He's won a couple cups, maybe he'd be willing to ride out the remainder of his career trying to help us turn this ship around.. 

He doesn't solve our top 4 issues but at least he's a professional game in and game out. Good glue guy. I've called him a stopgap in the past as I don't see him as a long term player but that doesn't mean he can't still bring value. He'll be 33 early November and likely only has a few years left, but if you get 4-5 seasons out of a bottom pairing D that's pretty damn good. 

I’d say extenSchenn into retirement and then hire as a coach (if he’s willing). He’d be awesome 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I’d say extenSchenn into retirement and then hire as a coach (if he’s willing). He’d be awesome 

Ehh, I'm not even gonna speculate about the coaching bit because I've no idea what he wants to do. Some players step into it, lot of players don't. 

But having him til retirement would be chill if he's into it. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It certainly couldn’t have helped.

Either way we’re relying on a 23 year old to be everything for us on D. That’s not his game.

And somehow it’s been 3 years and we still haven’t found a partner other than Schenn for him? It’s pathetic.

Thoughts on the jackets, Jarmo seems like the type of that would willing to do a signed horvat + sort of deal. Obviously who I want is not going to be easy at all but they have werenski signed for 8 more years. Should go fairly all out for Jiricek. Buddy has guddy at 4x4. Over values certain qualities clearly and horvat has a few he would love. Considering Boone Jenner is there 1c lol..

Allow them to ease Kent to the wing as sillinger takes 2c and Boone goes back to 3c.

Probably pissing in the wind but Laine-Horvat-Gudreau would excite them enough to give up jiricek??

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

lets crowd fund it. We're all smarter than these guys, lets go for it. 

Vancouver Canucks owned by fans. What could go wrong? 

Can I make a proposal?

We hire KB3 as D coach.

Lure Burrows out of MTL to run the PP coaching in cooperation with the Sedins overseeing.

Hire Trotz as head coach and let him have complete control over the spectrum and provide mentorship/direction to the new assistants who learn from one of the best. 

Rebuild this team from the back end out with a defensive minded, two way approach that still enables and supports offense (in the mold of a Darryl Sutter style).

hard nosed, hard to play against, committed, and responsible. This will extend Demko’s career and enable him further (potentially earning him a Vezina).

edit: this is obviously once we’ve committed to a rebuild and have made some changes and acquired set pieces to begin with 

Can we just have that once again please?

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The current roster is fickle and entitled due to too many highly paid players, just doing the bare minimum.  I don’t think Colton would be the answer cause he will just get chewed out, by the current roster; and preferably, he stays in Abby & makes a name for himself before a promotion.  Perhaps, a (rigid) Trotz type that has the ring & resume ?

Trotz isn’t likely to take a job midway through the season though.

Im talking about an interim if they were to can Boudreau before season end.

15 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

No the team is already making money.  $22.50 for draft beer, $11.50 for canned beer and $15.50 for hotdogs is  just adding to the corporate profits.

This is a bridge too far. Even Bllly Bob down in Decatur Georgia knows better than to buy food and beer at the game. That why they have tail gate parties in the parking lot.

Greedy bastards don’t get a dime from me at the concession. If I can’t tail gate, then I hold off until after the game.

I know it’s hard to go three whole hours without a beer. But I put my big boy pants on and getter done.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Can I make a proposal?

We hire KB3 as D coach.

Lure Burrows out of MTL to run the PP coaching in cooperation with the Sedins overseeing.

Hire Trotz as head coach and let him have complete control and provide mentorship to assistants. 

Rebuild this team from the back end out with a defensive minded, two way approach that still enables and supports offense (in the mold of a Darryl Sutter style).

hard nosed, hard to play against, committed, and responsible. This will extend Demko’s career and enable him further (potentially earning him a Vezina).

Can we just have that once again please?

I'd love to see Trotz here, but if Bruce isn't good enough then something is fundamentally wrong with the mix of players. 

But yeah, if that proposal happened I'd be happy. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Schenn retires as a Canuck, then goes to Abbottsford to be an assistant coach for a couple of seasons, then head coach down there. Steady progress, to be future Vancouver head coach.

side note-it feels silly to have an NHL team and AHL team with the same name. Makes typing a bit awkward.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Schenn retires as a Canuck, then goes to Abbottsford to be an assistant coach for a couple of seasons, then head coach down there. Steady progress, to be future Vancouver head coach.

side note-it feels silly to have an NHL team and AHL team with the same name. Makes typing a bit awkward.

Could happen, Higgins seemed content to help out in Utica. 

Yeah, I don't like our affiliate name, it's silly. Especially given how close they are to the big club. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Trotz isn’t likely to take a job midway through the season though.

Im talking about an interim if they were to can Boudreau before season end.

Did say, the Trotz TYPE but we all knew what happened to a somewhat similar coach with a Cup AND how the player & the fans ran him out of town: Torts.  The team from the owner down, needs to show a united front cause the current roster is: fickle, entitled & divided, and it shows on the, on ice product.  How they are losing, is still the same from when Green was the coach: too easy & they are their own worst enemy; and it seems the loss of Walker & Shaw for the rigid Cull & Yeo, has brought back the same attitude from the roster.   

Imo, the biggest changes that has affected the team negatively and hasn't been mentioned alot, is the loss of Walker and Shaw.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

If we’re just throwing stuff out there: I had the sinking suspicion that Miller and Petey don’t play together at evens anymore because Miller’s too up and down emotionally and Petey is too sensitive. 

I know it’s speculated that they don’t love each other but Bo, on the other hand, is a grown ass man who seems pretty solid.  Maybe this works. 

Doubt that... think its more like Petey looking really good with Podz and Kuz... 

• Cheers 1