The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 28th, 7:00PM PT | 2022 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

I just looked and saw Podkolzin only had about seven minutes of ice time last night. The only thing I can think of, that is if it's not an ailment of some sorts, its that

he doesn't have the coach's trust. Didn't expect this one bit. Very unfortunate.

No, he blew his coverage and lead to the 3rd Seattle goal.

He's not scoring and making mistakes.  He needs to play better to earn the ice time. 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

In all honesty I’m predicting another loss here before we start rolling. Back to back game after a bit of a bruiser. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we get then win. Go Canucks Go!

Just need to have a good defensive game and you get through it. I don’t understand why we can’t play sound defensively for at least one night. Even last night, we won, but were getting cooked on the backend. Maybe Bear gives a small lift, maybe not.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Just need to have a good defensive game and you get through it. I don’t understand why we can’t play sound defensively for at least one night. Even last night, we won, but were getting cooked on the backend. Maybe Bear gives a small lift, maybe not.

Team defence has been lacking entirely this season. From the forwards to defencemen to the goaltender. Petey probably the only player consistently bringing it. We need to improve the defence but even having a stud back there  isn’t fixing the problem immediately. This has been a team issue imo. I’m starting to see small improvements but we aren’t there yet