The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Ok- that is how it is, then.

All fans are  free to say what rhey wish

I think a lot of fans are into instant gratification, with no appreciation for the long, long, roa;  that is ahead of the team on their path to eventual contention.

So go ahead and put me on ignore, and all the other posters you complain about- it would be easier for you- and would not waste  your time. Or ours.

It's no surprise the same guy who had the Loui and Confuse react removed is now trying to police fans and their behaviour because it doesn't align with his.  Evidently, he's used to complaining and getting his way, so I'm not surprised to see him at the forefront of this pathetic gatekeeping.  How so much would be different if people exercised their privileges of not clicking threads, not responding, using their ignore functions, etc. without their first thought being "how can I impact others to suit my needs".

• Cheers 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

What I hope is we play Edmonton and he gets a hat-trick for Vancouver.

I'm game, it'd be funny 

Just now, gurn said:

Some of the time AV was here was the best time this team has ever had.

Maybe some day he'll be back to coach us again.

He's still my favourite Nuck coach to date tbh 

Some would probably point to Quinn or Crawford but they were mostly before my time 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I feel nothing for this trade 

My screaming about needing RHD is well documented.  A 5th isn't the worst to give up for one.

Arguably for the cap hit and zero games played it's a head scratcher.  Management has in no uncertain terms told us that we're not looking towards the future we're not interested in waiting and we're not worried about developing that we're competing now 

As such trades like this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

I don't like it.  I don't hate it.  It's about as large of a whatever as it can be.  Moves literally zero needles.

That being said.  Let people be homers.  Let people hate the direction management has taken after 6+ years of the exact same thing.  Don't gate keep how people enjoy their team because you can be a fan and be dissatisfied much like you can be a fan and think it's all roses.

Not up to anyone to dictate how others support or criticize our team

Worth a second look.

I would hate to be a Canuck player… such fickle fans… “we need a rh D” trades for Ethan bear a RH d man… 

“can’t believe we gave up an asset for this guy” 

Personally I am pumped to see Bear wear the orca, and happy we got a RH d man. Hope he finds some chemistry with huggy when he’s back and we can shove it down the negative Nancy’s Throats  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I feel nothing for this trade 

My screaming about needing RHD is well documented.  A 5th isn't the worst to give up for one.

Arguably for the cap hit and zero games played it's a head scratcher.  Management has in no uncertain terms told us that we're not looking towards the future we're not interested in waiting and we're not worried about developing that we're competing now 

As such trades like this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

I don't like it.  I don't hate it.  It's about as large of a whatever as it can be.  Moves literally zero needles.

That being said.  Let people be homers.  Let people hate the direction management has taken after 6+ years of the exact same thing.  Don't gate keep how people enjoy their team because you can be a fan and be dissatisfied much like you can be a fan and think it's all roses.

Not up to anyone to dictate how others support or criticize our team

I was literally about to post the same thing. Peeps need to take 5 and chill. I get the start of the year has been rough but it's senseless to be at each other's throats this way.

• Upvote 2

Not that Pederson is a huge piece but I like his inclusion in the deal. I guess the Canucks made the Canes pay to free up cap space, which is a nice change.

I remember Pederson being a bit of an annoying bottom 6 opponent when he was with ARI and SJS.  He's a good depth piece and helps shore up the very thin depth the Canucks have at C (especially if they run Miller on wing for the rest of the year).  Not expecting Pederson to get much playing time in the NHL but good to have him in the system.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IRR said:

You want to attack me because I call out your s***, but you are as toxic and negative as it gets! You are seriously on here all day every day spewing garbage…..you don’t have a job, hobby, family? Like wtf is your deal?! Also, your egotistical / condescending “I hope this helps” shtick is immature and in no way makes you better than anyone. Honestly, it makes you look like an a h***! 

Imagine getting this hurt on a hockey forum

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, AV. said:

It's no surprise the same guy who had the Loui and Confuse react removed is now trying to police fans and their behaviour because it doesn't align with his.  Evidently, he's used to complaining and getting his way, so I'm not surprised to see him at the forefront of this pathetic gatekeeping.  How so much would be different if people exercised their privileges of not clicking threads, not responding, using their ignore functions, etc. without their first thought being "how can I impact others to suit my needs".

No offense, but the Loui emote was an embarassment. there was no need to ridicule loui, he was trying his best.

• Huggy Bear 1