The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I agree. I think he is going to do something shocking because he has no emotional ties to the team and is sick of the crap attitude and play.

But the thing is they tried to do a number of things in the off-season and failed. And it’s even tougher to make moves in-season. Maybe his rolodex no longer has the contacts it used to.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not as doom and gloom about things because I think there's a good core to build around.  However, if this org doesn't make some drastic moves, they'll be relegated to mediocrity for a long time. 

I’m just worried about the Horvat situation. Other moves should have been made. I’ll take the loss on thinking Miller signing was a good move 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

At this point re-signing Horvat probably will cost 9 million AAV at Least 

He’s on pace for 60 goals, which is highly unlikely, but 40 looks extremely doable. And what if this is year he is close to a point a game? Bo is only 27 so its very possible THIS is his offensive prime he is now entering. Dan Sedin didn’t hit 40 goals until he was 30!

Bo, get every damn dollar you deserve my man.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

But the thing is they tried to do a number of things in the off-season and failed. And it’s even tougher to make moves in-season. Maybe his rolodex no longer has the contacts it used to.

The thing is, Benning went through 8 years of that and we had to put up with the product, JR hasn’t been here a year yet. Somethings gonna happen!

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not as doom and gloom about things because I think there's a good core to build around.  However, if this org doesn't make some drastic moves, they'll be relegated to mediocrity for a long time. 

It's already been nearly 10 years. Mediocrity isn't what this team is trying to avoid, it's what they've ironically become stuck in because of their short-sightedness.

• Vintage 2