The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Free Pod 

I said it before the game, if they're not gonna use him in more than a fourth line role or plant him in the press box they should let him get big minutes over in Abbotsford

At least there he'd get special teams time, big minutes, and a larger role 

This ain't no way to develop him into a top six player

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Despite all the team's circumstances, seeing Bo on after hours is somewhat heartwarming. 

I remember watching him being drafted after the Schneider trade and him growing with this franchise as a bright eyed 18 year old kid.

Now almost a decade later he has a wife, two kids and the captain of the team.

If we do trade him, I'll miss him.

I imagined him raising the first ever Stanley Cup trophy for us someday after that godly bubble playoffs from him as captain and Patrick Roy possessed Demko.

It's sad that things have turned out this way.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pretty good that he has carried over his play from last year. Unfortunately not all players can say the same. 

Tied for 2nd in goals in the league currently with Erik Karlsson? Wow EK. 2nd on our team in points.

Let the depreciating asset argument begin amongst yourselves..

I could care less about Horvats numbers accept to say the harder it is to get him signed , the easier it is to trade him while his value is high.

hopefully he dosent get injured,

but he dosent play a physical game like all those old guys on Boston who keep winning games,.  

So Bo should be healthy when we say good bye.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Let the depreciating asset argument begin amongst yourselves..

I could care less about Horvats numbers accept your say the harder it is to get him signed , the easier it is to trade him while his value is high.

hopefully he dosent get in Justin, but he dosent play a physical game like all those old guys on Boston who keep winning games,.  So Bo should be healthy when we say good bye.

IMO we should tear down if this group can't do it. They've had enough chances. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Unfortunately we're stuck with him until the 2030's (That's the decade before the 2040's - in case you weren't counting)

Miller’s new contract, and it’s trade protection, doesn’t kick in until July 2023.  Although having that new contract attached to him could be trade protection in itself. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

So glad Stillman got benched in the 3rd. Guy should never play a game for us again.

I hope Boudreau has figured out what pretty much everyone on CDC seemed to think before the game: STILLMAN SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING.

To put things in perspective, his xGF% (expected goals for percentage) at even strength was 16.5% -- by far the worst on the team. The technical term for that is "abysmal". It is hard to get a number that low. And it was not like he had tough minutes. 

The trade that brought him here was a bad trade. Maybe Bruce thinks he should play Stillman to make the trade look better. But, by the eye test and the numbers, Stillman should not be playing. The guy who should be playing (based on the numbers and the eye test) is Burroughs, even though he shoots right. Many fans want to see Rathbone, which would be okay. Stillman was benched for most of the 3rd period after a poor play on the 3rd Nashville goal, so maybe Bruce has finally got the message. And maybe Dermott plays soon.

Demko is still playing poorly.  Both the second and third Nashville goals were stoppable.Yes he was screened on the second goal but most goalies will fight through that screen to see the puck and will cover the angle even if they can't see the shot. Demko is just not sharp.  Not terrible but not sharp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1