The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Posturing JR better get good return for Bo if that’s what he’s implying

He better be unemployed JR of he makes that move and keeps Miller.  He should be fired just for going on the radio and saying it publically

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah but they should be playing games and not sitting.

IMO send them to the AHL for a bit. Let them play 1st line minutes, find their scoring touch and build their confidence.

This playing and sitting isn't great and now that Boeser's back there will be less ice time going around.

Same goes for Rathbone for that matter. BB said Dermott might play this trip and he'll probably be in over Rathbone. We have enough D on the roster as is. 

I have to disagree. These players will get more benefit learning the NHL not the AHL. There's nothing wrong with rotating young players, Pod and Hog are both only 21, in and out of the lineup. They still get the benefit of practicing against NHL players and learning from NHL coaches.

It's not like they just sit in the press box during the game, twiddling their thumbs and inhaling hot dogs. They are up there with 2 Hall of Famers, who are 2 of only 93 people in the entire history of the NHL to score at least 1,000 points. They get to see the systems from above and get a better understanding of how the big picture of the game and systems work. And it's the same for Rathbone, I want him in the lineup, but until he learns that this isn't the NCAA or AHL anymore and he can't keep trying to force passes from behind his own goal line up the middle for a breakout anymore. He tries it 4 or 5 times a game and they usually get picked off right at the blue line.

There is nothing wrong with letting our current, ridiculous depth at forward give these young guys a chance to learn the bigger picture instead of just focusing on what they do individually on the ice.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He better be unemployed JR of he makes that move and keeps Miller.  He should be fired just for going on the radio and saying it publically

100% beginning to question this management still cheering for us but there seems to be a dark cloud(bad funk if u will)around this team atm

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I guess a lot of poster try to hope to think of answers because the team isn't providing any.

I look at the standings, does that make me a hater? I bet occasionally so I have to evaluate who is most likely to win, if I say this or think the trend is for the team to lose make me a hater?

I don't get it, they haven't been in the playoffs for 7 years, all the star rookies are in the line up already and are now considered vets, all the good prospects are playing, the team has no cap room for adding improvement.

If I post this am I a hater?

They are not close to half way in the league.

If this doesn't make me a hater what does?

I bet they lose the third periods a few times and make a buck or two more often than not so far because it is something that they are doing.

If I am  hater how or what do I need to do to change that?

Grab a pair of pom poms you hateful bastard. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I have to disagree. These players will get more benefit learning the NHL not the AHL. There's nothing wrong with rotating young players, Pod and Hog are both only 21, in and out of the lineup. They still get the benefit of practicing against NHL players and learning from NHL coaches.

It's not like they just sit in the press box during the game, twiddling their thumbs and inhaling hot dogs. They are up there with 2 Hall of Famers, who are 2 of only 93 people in the entire history of the NHL to score at least 1,000 points. They get to see the systems from above and get a better understanding of how the big picture of the game and systems work. And it's the same for Rathbone, I want him in the lineup, but until he learns that this isn't the NCAA or AHL anymore and he can't keep trying to force passes from behind his own goal line up the middle for a breakout anymore. He tries it 4 or 5 times a game and they usually get picked off right at the blue line.

There is nothing wrong with letting our current, ridiculous depth at forward give these young guys a chance to learn the bigger picture instead of just focusing on what they do individually on the ice.

Game experience is the best experience

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It sounds like Garland might be the odd man out after what JR said. I am guessing the players they might want to move out are Pearson and perhaps Boeser.

Bo gets moved if a deal doesn't get done. 

Bo has a lot of trade value.  Garland has a low trade value.  Boeser has negative value.  

JR can want to make trades, but will these be trades to build for a better tomorrow or trades to hope to win now?  I suspect they will be trades to hope to win now because that’s the owner’s directive. 

51 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

It doesn't mean much when they're struggling with the limited time they're getting they're getting when they're playing. Hoglander's averaging 12 minutes a game and Pod is getting 13 minutes. In Abbotsford they would be getting 6-8 more minutes each #1 PP time and PK time they won't get here. 

BB isn't gonna give them quality ice-time. He's trying to win games and they're not proving to him that they can stick in the lineup or are worth the added responsibility.

On top of that we have a forward heavy lineup this year and Boeser's back. Neither of them might not even be on PP2

Sedins are involved in the player development department which the Ryan Johnson, who's also the AHL GM, is the Director of. They already spend time with the AHL team, probably more time there than with the Canucks since that's their job. So either way they get Sedin time. 

This is from an article on the Canucks website two days ago in regards to their induction to the HHOF.

Both the Sedins have made Vancouver their home and have committed to giving back to the community through programs such as the Sedin Family Foundation Legacy Project. They also continue to contribute to the operations of the hockey club as Player Development staff, working closely with young players on and off the ice in Vancouver and Abbotsford. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously though, what do the have we would want?  Who is that young right shot centre they got?  Is it Batherson?  

-Miller 50% Retained this year 

-Myers

For

-Jacob bernard-docker

-zaitsev

Gaining capspace and a d prospect is out of this world crazy but idc at this point. JR hyped me up :P

Cap dump swaps but Myers is more useful for them and Z is paid 1.5m less. Miller could be a potential linemate for CAT who's not producing as much as he should be. My sliver of hope is they are desperate for immediate success without paying much while doing the typical risky trade we always make lol... Unlikely though :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

-Miller 50% Retained this year 

-Myers

For

-Jacob bernard-docker

-zaitsev

Gaining capspace and a d prospect is out of this world crazy but idc at this point. JR hyped me up :P

Cap dump swaps but Myers is more useful for them and Z is paid 1.5m less. Miller could be a potential linemate for CAT who's not producing as much as he should be. My sliver of hope is they are desperate for immediate success without paying much while doing the typical risky trade we always make lol... Unlikely though :lol:

I like this, but (sadly) our owner will never give that directive to our management.  I 

Ike Drake Batherson.  Let’s get him for Miller. 

It’s now the final hour of voting so this is the last chance for those who haven’t voted today. If any members from this thread have any pull with someone who hasn’t been involved this would be a good time to encourage them to help. This is too close to call and every last vote will be needed. 

Your votes could put @Roberts over the top and give the whole of CDC a championship to celebrate!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s now the final hour of voting so this is the last chance for those who haven’t voted today. If any members from this thread have any pull with someone who hasn’t been involved this would be a good time to encourage them to help. This is too close to call and every last vote will be needed. 

Your votes could put @Roberts over the top and give the whole of CDC a championship to celebrate!

Thank you!

Contest ends in just over 45 minutes!

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Not Rutherford, no way he bows to an owner... Benning maybe! 

JR should resign then because he keeps saying we need to “reset” and take a couple steps back, but he isn’t actually making moves that follow that direction.  Will he fire Bruce?  He sure has said he isn’t a fan of our coaching.  Seems more like he says what he knows we need to do, but is hamstrung from doing those things.  

Maybe JR lines being an important person on an NHL club?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR should resign then because he keeps saying we need to “reset” and take a couple steps back, but he isn’t actually making moves that follow that direction.  Will he fire Bruce?  He sure has said he isn’t a fan of our coaching.  Seems more like he says what he knows we need to do, but is hamstrung from doing those things.  

Maybe JR lines being an important person on an NHL club?  

Lmao! So you are done with a management aft 8 months!  Nice :) You should jump on the Oilers bandwagon they are more your style.