The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Nov. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think Seattle could be, but I was calling them as a dark horse before the season began

If you look at their roster they've actually got a solid assortment of players 

I like alot of their team, especially Wennberg. I'm still salty we have garland and OEL over Wennberg and Random top 4 dman

8 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Go cheer for another team then. 

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Why are you here if you’ve come to this conclusion?

I have an open mind and there's time for things to turn around, but i see where he's coming from. the entire organization currently lacks a lot of personality, and what personality it does have isn't great. nobody stands out as a great spokesperson or ambassador (the sedins are too behind the scenes for that). 

but I'll outlast these players, coaches, managers and owners just like I outlasted the previous ones. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow! We've just moved up from 27th worst team to 26th worst team in the entire NHL + Plus + we're on the second longest winning streak of the season.

Things are looking up JR !  Your motivational sermon yesterday worked !Angry Judgement Day GIF by Freedomists

Edited by RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ll take him not speaking to the media.

Not sure what he’s trying to accomplish.

He still should have been fired for that immediately.  No excuse for that and no reason to respect that scumbag after he showed a complete refusal to act like a professional.  You can't fix the organizational culture when the president is pulling that BS.

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

I like alot of their team, especially Wennberg. I'm still salty we have garland and OEL over Wennberg and Random top 4 dman

I think their D could use a boost but having Larsson, Dunn, Oleksiak, and Schultz is a better top 4 than some other teams have. If Grubaeur can bounce back that's a big one. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I think their D could use a boost but having Larsson, Dunn, Oleksiak, and Schultz is a better top 4 than some other teams have. If Grubaeur can bounce back that's a big one. 

Larsson and Oleksiak are the only NHL quality players out of that group.  Neither Dunn nor Schultz are even close to being able to play acceptable defence.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

He still should have been fired for that immediately.  No excuse for that and no reason to respect that scumbag after he showed a complete refusal to act like a professional.  You can't fix the organizational culture when the president is pulling that BS.

Just sounded like a bunch of excuses and complaining to me.

Leadership starts at the top and that wasn’t it.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Larsson and Oleksiak are the only NHL quality players out of that group.  Neither Dunn nor Schultz are even close to being able to play acceptable defence.

Dunn is the guy who drives offense for the D group, having Larsson and Oleksiak to insulate him is exactly why he's effective there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Just sounded like a bunch of excuses and complaining to me.

Leadership starts at the top and that wasn’t it.

Exactly, not to mention the complete lack of professionalism.  If I'm Aquilini, I'm hauling that piece of **** into my office and informing him that if he ever disgraces the franchise by pulling a stunt like that again. he will be fired on the spot. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Dunn is the guy who drives offense foOr the D group, having Larsson and Oleksiak to insulate him is exactly why he's effective there. 

It doesn't matter how he plays in the wrong end; you can't allow a defenceman who can't play defence to play in the top 4 and expect to be successful.  Dunn's play in h is own zone is simply not good enough to belong in the NHL, and likely never will be.  Larry Robinson would be unable to make that pylon look like an NHLer.

Exactly, not to mention the complete lack of professionalism.  If I'm Aquilini, I'm hauling that piece of **** into my office and informing him that if he ever disgraces the franchise by pulling a stunt like that again. he will be fired on the spot. 

Aquilini is famous for pulling stunts himself.  

• There it is 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'm glad he's sticking it to them tbh, all they had to do was not lowball him during the summer and offer something that worked for both sides back then. Price has likely only gone up since. 

I highly doubt he’s going to keep up this pace of goals, but what if he is indeed putting together a sort of non-Pavel type (he’s in his own category) of historical season of goal scoring? No way you can trade him. Gonna have to pay up. As you say, if they did indeed low ball him in the Summer, then they deserve pie in the face they are getting right now.

• Cheers 1