The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 9 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Montréal Canadiens - 4:30pm PT/7:30pm ET - Bell Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If this was all part of Rutherfords plan to give them an “us vs the world” mindset then kudos to that sly old dog.

I still wonder his motives though.

He's been pretty candid since the day he arrived  so I think his attitude is if that pisses someone off, it usually will motivate them as well.

If it doesn't he has his master plan anyway which likely doesn't include BB.

Same with his comment on Horvat, if we can't afford to sign him at least we know his trade value is rising. More business like, less coddling?

if it converts to wins, I'll happily jump on that bandwagon.

If the players and coaching staff take their frustrations with JR out on the opposing team, perfect.

9 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

He's been pretty candid since the day he arrived  so I think his attitude is if that pisses someone off, it usually will motivate them as well.

If it doesn't he has his master plan anyway which likely doesn't include BB.

Same with his comment on Horvat, if we can't afford to sign him at least we know his trade value is rising. More business like, less coddling?

if it converts to wins, I'll happily jump on that bandwagon.

If the players and coaching staff take their frustrations with JR out on the opposing team, perfect.

I just don’t understand why he keeps criticizing the coaches.

Him and Allvin are the ones that hired Yeo and promoted Cull. The two coaches that are responsible for our biggest weakness in play. Do they not realize they’re taking shots at their own decisions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously this fan base is out to lunch!!! Last year we were worried about losing... didn't matter as long as we win its OK..  never nit picked how they played to get the win. As long as they are winning who cares if they have brain farts as long as they have the W at the end of the night and get points that is all that matters. We are 4-1-1 in there last 6 games... it's not only us are having problems in our conference. We are only 1 win away from a spot in the WC spot so hopefully we are gonna win tonight and canucks Nation will be on here planning a parade to the Stanley cup!

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Him and Allvin are the ones that hired Yeo and promoted Cull. The two coaches that are responsible for our biggest weakness in play. Do they not realize they’re taking shots at their own decisions?

controlling the media narrative maybe? assuming JR knew what he was doing, this does give the team a chance to form a more positive identity. Maybe thats a reach and wasn't actually intended, but the guy has been in the game for over 50 years, maybe he knows something. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

I heard on the radio that if a team (on PK) wins the faceoff and is able to ice the puck, it generally eats about 10-20 seconds from the PP.

So faceoff% is huge on the PK.

Yeah and get the fastest guy to retrieve the puck waste another 10 seconds. Jam the puck on the boards stand there shield the puck as long as possible to wind down other teams pp.. no rules stating we can't do that.. think outside the box? Lol

Just now, JM_ said:

controlling the media narrative maybe? assuming JR knew what he was doing, this does give the team a chance to form a more positive identity. Maybe thats a reach and wasn't actually intended, but the guy has been in the game for over 50 years, maybe he knows something. 

Or maybe they took a page out of Dallas playbook calling out there players??? 

1 minute ago, aznmonk said:

Yeah and get the fastest guy to retrieve the puck waste another 10 seconds. Jam the puck on the boards stand there shield the puck as long as possible to wind down other teams pp.. no rules stating we can't do that.. think outside the box? Lol

Or play keep away.  I seen other teams do that as well.

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I definitely agree with this. With the PK stuck in nowhere land, it would be better to use the lower lines. Firstly it gives them areas to focus on and studz looked aggressive out there and it helps give the big 3 scorers a break which isn't a bad thing considering how tired they seem in the 3rd. Like to see studz and aman out there more.

I agree time to ween off the star players we put on the pk who are not being effective  

Keep EP and Hughes. Bo for faceoffs only. And try some of the grunts. Studs, Aman, Podz, non star players.

Blues lost 8 in a row ( won a Stanley cup)

Sens lost 6 in a row ( Renalds wants to buy em?) 

Least we got it out of our system in the beginning of the season ( 7 games losing streak) now time to gel and come out on top of this road trip.... Road warriors we are!!!! 

Go nucks go!!!

• Cheers 1

Some big teams are struggling to start the year. I wonder if a trade will be in the works to move a guy like Miller or Boeser (I'd prefer Miller due to term). 

Pitts is all in at the moment, maybe we send them Miller and take back Zucker to make the cap work and pull a pick/prospect from them as well. He would help Pitts and they are mainly focused on the next 3 years anyway before their core wraps it up. 

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

I'm starting to like Studnicka more and more now... he shows so much speed and grit... basically a bigger, faster Lazar!! We finally have a real effective 4th line that plays a heavy game!! 

Have him on the PK, take JT off the PK.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He's laying the groundwork.  Bruce was never his guy and he's simply waiting this out.  If it wasn't for the torrid pace to end last season, I suspect Bruce would've been gone already. 

With the criticism on record now, it make it that much easier for media/fans to accept the inevitable when JR pulls the plug on the 'Bruce There It Is' experiment. 

Like I've said repeatedly, management created this desperate situation we're in right now, by coming into the season with essentially the same group of players and inexplicably expecting different results.  Blaming Bruce for their record is disingenuous at best and negligent at worst - the flaws in the team were there from the day JR arrived and he's not addressed them adequately to expect any different results imo. 

• Cheers 1