The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 09, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, guntrix said:

The lack of reading comprehension is off the charts at CDC today!

No one said Miller is a bad player. But there’s a difference between playing for the payday of your career and playing post-payday. 

He did good last year! He must be just as good this year!

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

OEL may be very happy to get out of this tire fire. 

CBJ has loaded up, getting OEL from us helps to solidify their team. Don't forget, this is the GM that gave 30 year old Gudbranson 4 mil x 4 years. 

Important to bear in mind he was in no particular hurry to get out of Arizona, so that doesn't seem likely.

Just now, VforVasili said:

Important to bear in mind he was in no particular hurry to get out of Arizona, so that doesn't seem likely.

different situation tho, that was his first team, had a big nice house, etc. Here he's stepped into a situation that may have turned out to not be great for him or what he thought it would be.

Just now, JM_ said:

different situation tho, that was his first team, had a big nice house, etc. Here he's stepped into a situation that may have turned out to not be great for him or what he thought it would be.

Certainly possible. Crazier things have happened.

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

No he wasn't playing for his "pay day" last year. This year is the final year of his existing contract. Some people need to get their facts straight before spouting off. 

Because playing for your payday is only limited to the absolute last year of your contract. lmao. BarnBurner with another hot take. 

Edited by guntrix

14 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

must be something mental at this point. maybe like the yips?

i think his lack of trust in the defence in front of him also plays a large factor 

sure seems like it. Time for Ian Clark to earn his bucks and get Demko functioning again. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Because playing for your payday is only limited to the absolute last year of your contract. lmao. BarnBurner with another hot take. 

Well generally, yes...guys in their "contract year" are in the last year.

I think you had the hot take but it's ok, you don't know much about Miller so you get a pass.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Yeah, yeah. Keep at it. Whether you can admit it or not, who cares. The reality is - the contract year is THE final year of the contract. Too difficult for you to grasp? LMAO! 

10 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, yeah. Keep at it. Whether you can admit it or not, who cares. The reality is - the contract year is THE final year of the contract. Too difficult for you to grasp? LMAO! 

I said Miller was playing for his payday, you illiterate dweeb. 

No matter. Time will tell if Miller was playing to cash in. Just promise me you won’t leave with your tail between your legs like your friend OldNews did if you get it wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, guntrix said:

No matter. Time will tell if Miller was playing to cash in. Just promise me you won’t leave with your tail between your legs like your friend OldNews did if you get it wrong. 

Watch your mouth. You're the one who only shows up to cause crap. Go root for whoever. You're definitely nothing but a trouble maker. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Oldnews. That's a poster I haven't seen in a while.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

With 13 points in 14 games after he signed, I am not sure he was playing for his payday. His issue this year and the same as last, is his defensive abilities as it is for most of the roster. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

It is more likely to be the exact opposite. Players sign a big deal , and they feel guilty about it. And try too hard and it negatively effects their performance.

• Like 1

I know this is of topic, but all this talk about contracts and bad play by Van's older players had me thinking would a team of old players win the cup.

The Old Man Team(Hockey old) Under the cap

Ovechkin/ Crosby/ Pavelski

Marchand/ Malkin/ Oshie

N.Foligno/ Bergeron/ Perry

Maroon/ Krejci/ Clutterbuck

Giodano/ Burns

Martinez/ Letang

Suter/ Braun

Fluery

Anderson

Who would you add/ take away still within the cap?

Cup? yes/ no

• Vintage 1