The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Honourable Hughes said:

Yeah and we even moved a draft pick to free up space. Only to possibly be last in the league as CBJ, ANA and STL all have games in hand below us.

Paid a 2nd to move minimal cap space and a player that could have actually filled a role for us too.

Continuing right where Benning left off. 

• Like 1

Time to blow it up and restock the cupboards. This is the season to do it.

Petey and Hughes are the only ones that still fit a rebuild timeline…but I doubt they stick around. This team has no easy fixes period. No answers for young players challenging for spots either. 

Worse than all that is i’m not sold on the drafting ability of our current management group. Our first round pick from last year can barely make a difference in a second tier elite league in Europe…when they drafted him I was like, wow yay another small “skilled” forward…we need a blue chip dman for crying out loud! Or at least a forward with some size and snarl…

Will always cheers for this team, even in the dark days of Messier I still did…but here we are again in dark days. Gonna be a long road till we’re good again. 

Maybe just maybe ownership will look around and see that these on the fly rebuilds barely ever work. It pains me to see other teams that started their rebuilds later than us are already back on the upswing again because they actually let their teams bottom out and fill their       prospect pipeline with proper talent.

I love our farm team as well but it’s been year after year of nothing but second/third tier prospects on the team, nothing high end. Constantly they are filling the farm team gaps with career ahlers and echl call ups.

Enough is enough.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

I think a lot of the fans thought he was injury prone.   In Calgary he has been relatively healthy (he sat out for some of the playoffs last year and some of this year).  I think part of the problem here was the way Green liked to defend, and the fact that he played on some pretty bad teams where he was absorbing shots night after night and chasing the play alot.  Not a good recipe for a d man to stay healthy.

What bothered me the most about the whole Tanev situation was how they let him walk to a primary enemy.  HIs cap hit in Calgary isnt terrible either.  When I say "how they let him walk" ...i listened to an interview with him where he stated that he wasnt even called by Canucks management....it was basically silence when he turned UFA.   Maybe i misinterpreted what I heard but imho thats no way to treat a player that was a pillar of the organization for years.    They let a top tier d man, a vezina calibre goalie, and Edler walk for basically zero. 

Markstrom, Edler, Toffoli, and Tanev walking set back this core more than anything. Needed assets in return.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I know he was disliked by some, but it’s times like these that I'd really like to know what Jason Botchford would have to say about all of this.

I didn't always agree with his take, but he was often pretty funny describing the teams lows. We could use some of that.