The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Nov. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, chon derry said:

A simple google search of Ernst and young would show it’s not actually a law firm but a multinational professional services  architecture, engineering. Etc. Further research shows how many multi billion dollar law suites/fraud/ conflict of interest cases it’s been involved with. I’m certainly not a conspiracy believer but given the scepticism surrounding the draft loto, And this corporation  I’m not certain that’s it’s all aboveboard. 

I googled them, and it seems they provide legal services as well as a lot of other areas of professional services.

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay I finally get it. Sorry for my slowness. You liked the old old last to first system. Gotcha, yeah the tanking part kind of sucked that went along with it though. I'd have no problems going back to it but I think it's good to have a little bit of randomness to prevent outright tank. This 10-15th place getting a shot is rubbish though.

You only got 15 years on me. I got time to figure it out. ;)

They changed the rules slightly in 2021.  You can only move up 10 spots maximum in the draft.  So technically only the Bottom 11 teams get a chance at the #1 overall pick.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Alberts stunk.   Rome was usually steady.  Salo and rome made an excellent 3rd pair

I don't thnk he was that bad

nor that good

He was a 6th round pick that played 490 NHL games 

which is better than Brisebois and Woo

its twice what Rome played and 100 less than Ballard

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Where can I find this for other teams. Curious to see which NJ players are up there.

As per Canucks, this looks accurate with the eye test.

JFresh has an analytics site that you have to subscribe to.  He posted that on his twitter feed.  To get other players and teams you'd have to subscribe to his website...

3 hours ago, singing chef said:

Kinda distressing that these professional hockey players have to be told that at this stage in their careers..............

This is what happens when most of your forwards and defenseman on the team are offensive minded. They are not used to be playing the defensive side of the game. This imbalance is blatantly obvious and why we need to move some players out.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's the downside to having a team of nice guys. no killer instinct, no mean. the other team wants it more and is willing to hurt the opponent more. 

Yes, most players we drafted are either small or non-aggressive and are not hungry enough to retrieve the puck. 

8 hours ago, chon derry said:

The ping pong ball format hasn’t discouraged tanking either maybe not to the degree the old format had. The randomness is where the conspiracy aspect came from. Micro mng ,Local blackout … on and on and on bottom line NHL sn tsn Espn  MLSE  have gone to far whilst excluding Canada and the more knowledgable fans over the fickle American fanbase with  its demographic prioritizing 

I concede defeat sir derry, although I personally still think the conspiracy angle is silly. Go back to the old format if it's causing problems for some folks. I'm indifferent really, but you're right to some extent. Tanking still exists.

Here's a link to the Gold Points model I mentioned earlier.

https://hockeyviz.com/txt/gold

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• -DLC- unfeatured and unpinned this topic