The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

They "barely lost" to Vegas.  They beat Colorado.

I dare say that we'll see none of the above move and in fact hear how management is looking to add somehow.  We're "in the hunt" or some such garbage like every single year since 2013 where we didn't do the right thing and ended up being mediocre adjacent

Yep. I can see the team inevitably going on a run of some kind. They'll win the next 3 out of 5 games or something, and then be close enough to be at .500. I guess technically, something could switch on for the team, and they could go on a run like they did in the second half of last season. They'd be close, but I still think they'll miss the playoffs. Bruce will be replaced, we'll lose Bo for nothing to Free Agency, and Rutherford will come up with some half assed excuse yet again. 

Is Allvin a good GM? I can't tell anymore based off the fact that we've had shit GM's since Benning, and that feels like a lifetime ago. 

On 11/17/2022 at 2:39 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

As per Frank Seravalli on Halford & Brough...

Where the media cluster together and light rumours ablaze to stay warm in the glow of embers and comment on the smoke of the fires they made… it’s not news… it’s spam…

delicious spam roasted on the embers of rumours… yum.

Edited by Phat Fingers

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Yo socrates also said.

Strong minds discuss idea's, average mind events, weak minds discuss people. he calling us weak minded yo.

anyways i Believe this is a much better quote by him and can help you understand the quote you mentioned,

“I examined the poets, and I look on them as people whose talent overawes both themselves and others, people who present themselves as wise men and are taken as such, when they are nothing of the sort.

From poets, I moved to artists. No one was more ignorant about the arts than I; no one was more convinced that artists possessed really beautiful secrets. However, I noticed that their condition was no better than that of the poets and that both of them have the same misconceptions. Because the most skillful among them excel in their specialty, they look upon themselves as the wisest of men. In my eyes, this presumption completely tarnished their knowledge. As a result, putting myself in the place of the oracle and asking myself what I would prefer to be — what I was or what they were, to know what they have learned or to know that I know nothing — I replied to myself and to the god: I wish to remain who I am.

We do not know — neither the sophists, nor the orators, nor the artists, nor I— what the True, the Good, and the Beautiful are. But there is this difference between us: although these people know nothing, they all believe they know something; whereas, I, if I know nothing, at least have no doubts about it. As a result, all this superiority in wisdom which the oracle has attributed to me reduces itself to the single point that I am strongly convinced that I am ignorant of what I do not know.”

I'm pretty sure he said what that he knows nothing and was getting trolled on. than he insulted all his trolls by doubling down and claiming he was wiser than them because he knows nothing. Dude literally just worded something poorly and got called out for it, and rightfully so.

We all know something, we all are experts at least one thing and some maybe several, but none of us are experts at everything.  Do not doubt what you know, instead act on it; The doubters will always come in time, let them do the dirty work for you. Time is a present and the future is a gift that has not been given.

16 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

Yo socrates also said.

Strong minds discuss idea's, average mind events, weak minds discuss people. he calling us weak minded yo.

anyways i Believe this is a much better quote by him and can help you understand the quote you mentioned,

“I examined the poets, and I look on them as people whose talent overawes both themselves and others, people who present themselves as wise men and are taken as such, when they are nothing of the sort.

From poets, I moved to artists. No one was more ignorant about the arts than I; no one was more convinced that artists possessed really beautiful secrets. However, I noticed that their condition was no better than that of the poets and that both of them have the same misconceptions. Because the most skillful among them excel in their specialty, they look upon themselves as the wisest of men. In my eyes, this presumption completely tarnished their knowledge. As a result, putting myself in the place of the oracle and asking myself what I would prefer to be — what I was or what they were, to know what they have learned or to know that I know nothing — I replied to myself and to the god: I wish to remain who I am.

We do not know — neither the sophists, nor the orators, nor the artists, nor I— what the True, the Good, and the Beautiful are. But there is this difference between us: although these people know nothing, they all believe they know something; whereas, I, if I know nothing, at least have no doubts about it. As a result, all this superiority in wisdom which the oracle has attributed to me reduces itself to the single point that I am strongly convinced that I am ignorant of what I do not know.”

I'm pretty sure he said what that he knows nothing and was getting trolled on. than he insulted all his trolls by doubling down and claiming he was wiser than them because he knows nothing. Dude literally just worded something poorly and got called out for it, and rightfully so.

We all know something, we all are experts at least one thing and some maybe several, but none of us are experts at everything.  Do not doubt what you know, instead act on it; The doubters will always come in time, let them do the dirty work for you. Time is a present and the future is a gift that has not been given.

Socrates also said “Aye fam watch me pound this hemlock”

season 9 poison GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, McBackup said:

Socrates also said “Aye fam watch me pound this hemlock”

season 9 poison GIF

I doubt that socrates was no fool.

he was like made to or something his last words were " watch me fools, Death could be better than life" everyone respected him so much, they all auto suduku'd 

1 hour ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

Yo socrates also said.

I think you're missing his point. Socrates was called the gadfly of the state for a reason. When the oracle told him he was the wisest in Athens, he didn't believe it, as surely there was someone wiser than him. Yet, every time he asked someone a question in an effort to find someone wiser, they always had an answer for him. But when he asked them follow up questions (the Socratic method), they started to realize they didn't know as much as they thought they knew. Then they started hating him for it - for showing them their ignorance. Of course, the wisest man out there - aka Socrates - was the wisest, as he was the only one who wanted to dig deeper into knowledge and meaning rather than going through life thinking he knew everything: "The unexamined life is not worth living." CDC needs more gadflies. 

• Upvote 1