The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

I am glad he scored two. But he should not be playing pp1 and belongs on the third line. If he  scores 20 this year does that that all of a sudden make him a 6 million player? 

It does if he continues his point pace of just under a ppg. Not defending his play, but that's just the truth.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

you've been saying this for two seasons :lol: 

but it should be easier to do now if that move is in the cards. 

Its Myers that needs to go first, imo. Crossing fingers that TO is desperate, hopefully Buffalo beats them tonight due to TO defensive problems. 

I've been saying it longer than that.  Even if they go on a run, they have to make major changes to this roster.  Boeser is too overpaid for what be brings and is not going to be an impact player in this lineup.  They need his cap space to make a more balanced roster

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've been saying it longer than that.  Even if they go on a run, they have to make major changes to this roster.  Boeser is too overpaid for what be brings and is not going to be an impact player in this lineup.  They need his cap space to make a more balanced roster

he is, and they do. Its a bit of a chicken and egg thing tho, he needs to start over producing a little bit to be movable for a top 4 d, e.g., and if he's doing that he's worth keeping. 

If Brock has a good season maybe we'll see something in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he is, and they do. Its a bit of a chicken and egg thing tho, he needs to start over producing a little bit to be movable for a top 4 d, e.g., and if he's doing that he's worth keeping. 

If Brock has a good season maybe we'll see something in the offseason.

I think if he starts playing better you strike while the iron is hot and maybe get a good return of a 4/5 dman

• Cheers 1

Without getting too ahead of ourselves, the West has been weak all year, a .500 team might make the playoffs. Surely this will tighten up down the stretch as the good teams get better, but as long as the Canucks are hovering around that area we should go for it. I'm all for a big sale but it's not happening with this ownership so we might as well hold on to our good players until we really know which way this season is going.

Signs of positivity - Bear has been a solid 20 minute RD for us, Demko has finally played a good game, our PP is one of the best in the league and we can outscore any team in the league. The only rotten spot without a chance of being fixed is the defence and PK but when you look at teams like Edmonton and even Calgary, their D have been far froRm solid too.

Right now the .500 Blues and Preds, who are a combined -21, are tied for the last wild card spot. We can certainly enter that conversation if we have more performances like this.

Just now, stawns said:

I think if he starts playing better you strike while the iron is hot and maybe get a good return of a 4/5 dman

its such a hard trade to make tho as we've seen, I guess its possible but I see it more likely as an off season thing. I don't see any contender parting with a top 4, and would a rebuilding team want Brock?

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its such a hard trade to make tho as we've seen, I guess its possible but I see it more likely as an off season thing. I don't see any contender parting with a top 4, and would a rebuilding team want Brock?

I don't think it'd be that hard, it'd just be a hockey trade.......a team that has surplus d that needs some scoring help, salary out and salary in.  Boes is significantly overpaid, but on a short deal, which is a big plus.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think it'd be that hard, it'd just be a hockey trade.......a team that has surplus d that needs some scoring help, salary out and salary in.  Boes is significantly overpaid, but on a short deal, which is a big plus.

It could easily be a multi player deal. I will be happy if a d-man comes back that is young enough to mature into a top 4 D-man. But I am also hoping for a + on that type of deal. 

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It could easily be a multi player deal. I will be happy if a d-man comes back that is young enough to mature into a top 4 D-man. But I am also hoping for a + on that type of deal. 

It could, though those are truly tough to make.  I do think something turned for them last night, but the reality is that a huge shift is going to happen as either miller or horvat has to be done by the tdl.  And if you're going to do that move, you might as well shake it all up.

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Stillman should have got it. He had so many near goal opportunities. 

- Perfect pass from behind the net to a Kings player who dangles Demko as Stillman just stands there.

- A perfect pass up the boards to a Kings player who passes it a cross for a one-timer which Demko has to look good on

- Throw a hit so that the pass can get to the more dangerous player behind him for another scoring opportunity.

There were a few more as well with him following players around in the D-zone.

Perhaps Stillman is still being secretly paid by Chicago to spoil our team, this is looking more than just accidental!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

I am glad he scored two. But he should not be playing pp1 and belongs on the third line. If he  scores 20 this year does that that all of a sudden make him a 6 million player? 

Can't score 20 easily on the third line.   His contract is unfortunate, but the guys had a bunch of bad luck.    He could still earn it though.   Don't mind him on the first PP unit it's working with him on it ... until it doesn't keep him there because if we are going to trade him, he needs those points.