The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Odd. said:

Brisebois and Burroughs should be our 3rd pairing. Send Stillman on waivers, and trade Myers for a pick to any team desperate for a RHD.

Stillman and Myers are the new Sbisa/Bartkowski pairing. My goodness. Shocking.

Hands down agree.

Stillman has been downright awful and Myers has always been an idiot with the puck.

I keep saying our defensive problems will be solved once Myers is gone.

#FreeBurroughs #FreeBreezer

That would be a much more steady pairing which is what this team desperately needs.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Demko plays great and we win.  650 guys were saying the Kings had twice as many high danger chances as us, but with Double Bubble Boy back in nets he stopped all but one.  I see a string of lower scoring games coming now.  Demko will keep the opponent to 2 or less.  The opponents will notice Double Bubble Boy has returned and play more defensively.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I agree somewhat that brock isnt the reason we are losing games.  Never said he was,,  he is the result of a poor team makeup that has too many of the same type of player.  We need players that can do the heavy lifting and are tougher to play against.  Our top 9 has nobody that is and with poor D (structure haha), We cant be a consistently good enough team.  Yes there is talent that can win a few but unless there is more heavy lifters this team will never win a championship.  Brock would be fine if he was one of the few that played that way and not one of the many.. he has a role but too many players on this team want to play that role.. not his fault but makeup of team is problem.  

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Listening to Bieksa!?   Lazar hitting when he can without hurting the team.  EP scoring some beauts.   Demko making key saves.   Miller Horvat Garland that's one tough line to defend against... 

Could it be this teams turning the corner?   Demko and Brock both got their monkey of their back.   Something to build on at least right?  It's a lot more fun on here when we win.   And do have to wonder why there are so many new accounts that simply trash the team when we lose.   Hope it's other fans (they do exist on here) just messing with us, and not folks with duplicate accounts whining and crying and acting like Doughty lol. 

Thanks for all the laughs with the Giffs, my favourite the Doughty Poughty ones, Bubble Demko too lol.   And Brock .... sure he's a guy we should consider trading when we can, but man it's sure nice to see him have a good all around game, and be a difference maker.   Some of us, myself included, only want what's best for him, and do remember a solid hockey player in the bubble.   That can score.  

Doughty is such a jerk. It pains me to recall his frying elbow and resulting slap on the hand. He's a disgrace to the game.

7 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Woo!  So great being back in the rink. 

My team showed up...super happy with the way they played. Happy for Brock and Demko. Petey's his usual awesome self. We made tons of noise...the guy in front of us (with a British accent) told us that he loved sitting in front of us because we were so into the game (he was too). The atmosphere was super.

Bruce giving it to them in practice about battling for the puck on the boards seemed to really have an impact. They also used their sticks well to break up passes.

Schenn's little boy is ADORABLE.  Must've been a family night of some sort...the Horvats and Myers were there too.

A great night.....loved it. Hell yeah...time to string some wins together.

The og cowbell got a work out.

FEEL THE POWER OF COWBELL! 

4 minutes ago, cocanuck said:

I agree somewhat that brock isnt the reason we are losing games.  Never said he was,,  he is the result of a poor team makeup that has too many of the same type of player.  We need players that can do the heavy lifting and are tougher to play against.  Our top 9 has nobody that is and with poor D (structure haha), We cant be a consistently good enough team.  Yes there is talent that can win a few but unless there is more heavy lifters this team will never win a championship.  Brock would be fine if he was one of the few that played that way and not one of the many.. he has a role but too many players on this team want to play that role.. not his fault but makeup of team is problem.  

Lazar, Miller, Horvat, Podz, Pearson. Just need 1, maby 2 more and to  activate the physicality. The bigger problem is the size and aggressiveness of the D.

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hope everyone savors the moment while we're solidly in 26th spot - a whole 4 points clear of the basement because we play Vegas twice and Colorado in the next 3 games which means we'll likely be in sole possession of 32nd last place in the entire league by this time next week - unless divine intervention happens!

Miracle Festivus GIF by Paramount NetworkJesus Christ Power GIF

I know this start to the season has been a punish to watch but just enjoy the little wins!!! We got the win. 

I am on the fence at the moment, I love the result but a first overall pick would be nice... its so hard to enjoy the wins but also wishing for a good pick.

Wow this team is so hard to follow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

It was a nice effort by the team. The win looked more decisive than it was as Demko played well. 

EP40: Is becoming/ has become a complete hockey player. They could put a camera on him and I would watch with pleasure.

Hogs: There will be a role for this kid. Like his speed, puck retrieval and tenacity

Bear: Like his game. Steady with nice passes. 

Meyers: almost makes as many mistakes as Stillman. 

Stillman: hard to watch him play when Burroughs is sitting. Is management being patient or simply showcasing him for a multi-player deal. 

4th Line: What not to dislike with this group. Very solid game against LA. 

Petey is becoming a dominant player before our eyes and his line is fun to watch.......which means BB will probably split them up 

That was the first game I've seen a glimpse of last year's team.  I know everyone is dreaming of bedard etc, but I'd much rather see them win. That said, they still have to make some serious roster moves, regardless of how they're playing.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Petey is becoming a dominant player before our eyes and his line is fun to watch.......which means BB will probably split them up 

That was the first game I've seen a glimpse of last year's team.  I know everyone is dreaming of bedard etc, but I'd much rather see them win. That said, they still have to make some serious roster moves, regardless of how they're playing.

the Bedard talk needs to stop, even if we go full tank. Expecting 1st oa in the lotto era is just a recipe for disappointment. 

Its such a deep draft, really anyone we pick anywhere in the 1st round is someone we need. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

42 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good analogy.   Hogs ... well Brock got the spare parts.   Seems like he's snake bitten.    Could be better off giving him a stint in the AHL to gain some confidence.    Myers is Myers.   Choas!  Stillman ... bad move just cut bait.   Burroughs, liked him last year too, have to have some sandpaper he's Biega plus a bit to me.   Or Motte on the bottom pairing.   Bear is fine.  

Brock isn't the reason we've lost games.   That's on our PK and goaltending mostly.    Tyler Toffoli lol where does he score 80% of his goals anyways?  Right where Brock did last night.   Right place at the right time.   If his shot is going which id agree it probably has to a certain extent given the abuse to his body, well he's not completely useless is he.   If we had Brock at 4 million nobody would want him gone.   Sometimes i hate that cap is disclosed to the public.   Brock and Myers are poster child's for this. 

Your right. Actually Brock's ppg is more than decent. He still might be able to carve a spot for himself. My take on him is that he is a chip that might be flipped into a d-side asset. If the 2 Russians were more consistent I suspect BB would be gone. Bottom line, the better he plays the better the return. 

8 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Woo!  So great being back in the rink. 

My team showed up...super happy with the way they played. Happy for Brock and Demko. Petey's his usual awesome self. We made tons of noise...the guy in front of us (with a British accent) told us that he loved sitting in front of us because we were so into the game (he was too). The atmosphere was super.

Bruce giving it to them in practice about battling for the puck on the boards seemed to really have an impact. They also used their sticks well to break up passes.

Schenn's little boy is ADORABLE.  Must've been a family night of some sort...the Horvats and Myers were there too.

A great night.....loved it. Hell yeah...time to string some wins together.

The og cowbell got a work out.

Did you get a JT retro jersey? 

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Your right. Actually Brock's ppg is more than decent. He still might be able to carve a spot for himself. My take on him is that he is a chip that might be flipped into a d-side asset. If the 2 Russians were more consistent I suspect BB would be gone. Bottom line, the better he plays the better the return. 

He's still gotta go

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's still gotta go

you've been saying this for two seasons :lol: 

but it should be easier to do now if that move is in the cards. 

Its Myers that needs to go first, imo. Crossing fingers that TO is desperate, hopefully Buffalo beats them tonight due to TO defensive problems. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's still gotta go

I don't know, I like what he said about himself - this shows maturity and class.

"Any time you have a goose egg and you're supposed to score and help the team win hockey games and we're not winning hockey games, it weighs on you," he said. "That’s what I get paid to do so I’ve got to make sure I continue to find ways to put the puck in the back of the net and that comes with hard work."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

this is the first time in YEARS that I have actually seen multiple players on OUR team throwing real hits along the boards, not just hugging them to the wall. 

Keep it up boys, that's the best way to wear the other team down. 

Lazar, Aman, Joseph, Garland.... great energy. 

It's always been about "taking the body", finishing the check. 

Let's hope we keep it up. 

• Vintage 2