The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm so happy with our schedule at the moment.  

Vegas, Colorado, and then Vegas again.  No weak teams to pad our point totals, we are guaranteed not to be at the .500 mark by game 20 but let's see if this winning streak continues.  

If we lose two out of the next three, I cannot see JR continue down this road.  Good win against LA though. 

Just for fun, what happens if the Canucks wins the next 3 and are at 500 beating the top teams.  Would you jump back on the bandwagon or insist they sell? 

4 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

stillman did his best

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

No more Stillman. I dont care if the mandate is the play him to up his eventual trade value, Burroughs deserves to be in the lineup.  Do the right thing Bruce.

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

image.jpeg.2e5bc92b9627cf400c01681a5695469a.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bus ticket to Abbotsford would be better.

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully less StillmanThat guy was awful.

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

More Burroughs and less Stillman?

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Burroughs is far better and more brutal than Stillman ever could be. 

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

Stillman and Myers are the new Sbisa/Bartkowski pairing. My goodness. Shocking.

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I can get the Stillman flak.  I’d rather see Burroughs or really any depth guy.

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Lol.Coach BB says “didn’t see the blatant giveaways”.  Must have missed the Stillman awesome pass.    :P

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

Makes no sense that Stillman is playing in place of Burroughs. He made a terrible early giveaway but Demko made a great save that was, in my view, an early turning point in the game.

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

Stillman should have got it. He had so many near goal opportunities. 

- Perfect pass from behind the net to a Kings player who dangles Demko as Stillman just stands there.

- A perfect pass up the boards to a Kings player who passes it a cross for a one-timer which Demko has to look good on

- Throw a hit so that the pass can get to the more dangerous player behind him for another scoring opportunity.

There were a few more as well with him following players around in the D-zone.

Also, Stillman loses every board battle. All you see is him chasing the player all over the D-zone which causes him to be out of position. Then, Myers takes flak as Stillman gives up on the play

You must have been in the bathroom for when Stillman was on the ice then.

1 hour ago, mordekai said:

That must be a long bathroom break cause stilman was giving pucks away non stop all game

38 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Canucks played a solid game.

Despite Brock’s second goal his lines were hemmed in a lot. I would change that line up. Otherwise this team look good tonight and also no stillman please. Free Burroughs 

Hard to believe our Rookie G.M. gave up an extremely valuable 2nd Round Pick and Dick&son for this guy!    Seems no one thinks he's of any use for us except Alvin & The Chipmunk Girls. We'll never restock our cupboards with prospects if we keep making these Jim Benning type moves over & over again.    Will anyone ever learn?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Stillman with 0 hits 1 block, and 3 turnovers that led to glorious chances for LA.

Burroughs hits MORE blocks MORE. Is better defensively. 

What is PA smoking to keep playing  Still

The worst part of it is that I strongly suspect Alvin is forcing Bruce to keep playing him so Alvin doesn't lose face in one of the first screwball moves by him.    I'm NOT Impressed at all by this move.   Definately a sign of a rookie GM!

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Stillman with 0 hits 1 block, and 3 turnovers that led to glorious chances for LA.

Burroughs hits MORE blocks MORE. Is better defensively. 

What is PA smoking to keep playing  Still

That is wrong. He had 1 hit in the neutral zone which led to a scoring chance for the Kings.

BB makes the lines

• There it is 1

Count me in the small minority who believes it is too early to make a definitive call on Stillman. Wasn't playing in Chicago, joined the team in the middle of an early season stinkeroo start, got hurt (?), and has struggled in the last couple of games. But right now he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup ahead of Burroughs.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

That is wrong. He had 1 hit in the neutral zone which led to a scoring chance for the Kings.

BB makes the lines

No he made an errant pass from behind the net that LA brought back in. And another blind pass into the neutral zone.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No he made an errant pass from behind the net that LA brought back in. And another blind pass into the neutral zone.

There was also a hit around the red line. The King player took the hit but got the pass off which led to a rush, I think Miller had to get back to cover for him and it got a little ify for a bit. It was an ill advised hit that put him way out of position

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big statement win, hold the phone JR this win might propel us into a streak...

Boeser is on a 6 game point streak and has quietly been one of our best forwards all year, yet everyone wants him gone? Playing on a 3rd line for us and he's a point per game player. Dries was brilliant, no surprise our team looks more complete with him and Lazar in the lineup. 5-1 with Dries.

Petey and Kuz show their chemistry again, Miller was strong and Bo didn't have to do much tonight. I thought our defence apart from Hughes was weak again letting in so many shots but there weren't many high danger chances.

Demko is the big one here, he didn't have to be great but finally gets a good win. Let's see how much confidence this

gives him.

I know we've got 3 tough games coming up but we're 2 points out of the playoff spot and if Demko plays like this the rest of the season we're easily sneaking in last some pretty bad .500 teams so I think JR should hold off on any trades for just a bit...

Nah just tank lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Listening to Bieksa!?   Lazar hitting when he can without hurting the team.  EP scoring some beauts.   Demko making key saves.   Miller Horvat Garland that's one tough line to defend against... 

Could it be this teams turning the corner?   Demko and Brock both got their monkey of their back.   Something to build on at least right?  It's a lot more fun on here when we win.   And do have to wonder why there are so many new accounts that simply trash the team when we lose.   Hope it's other fans (they do exist on here) just messing with us, and not folks with duplicate accounts whining and crying and acting like Doughty lol. 

Thanks for all the laughs with the Giffs, my favourite the Doughty Poughty ones, Bubble Demko too lol.   And Brock .... sure he's a guy we should consider trading when we can, but man it's sure nice to see him have a good all around game, and be a difference maker.   Some of us, myself included, only want what's best for him, and do remember a solid hockey player in the bubble.   That can score.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big statement win, hold the phone JR this win might propel us into a streak...

Boeser is on a 6 game point streak and has quietly been one of our best forwards all year, yet everyone wants him gone? Playing on a 3rd line for us and he's a point per game player. Dries was brilliant, no surprise our team looks more complete with him and Lazar in the lineup. 5-1 with Dries.

Petey and Kuz show their chemistry again, Miller was strong and Bo didn't have to do much tonight. I thought our defence apart from Hughes was weak again letting in so many shots but there weren't many high danger chances.

Demko is the big one here, he didn't have to be great but finally gets a good win. Let's see how much confidence this

gives him.

I know we've got 3 tough games coming up but we're 2 points out of the playoff spot and if Demko plays like this the rest of the season we're easily sneaking in last some pretty bad .500 teams so I think JR should hold off on any trades for just a bit...

Team needs to build off something, and maybe this could be it.   It's crazy that we blew all those 2 to 3 goal leads early. We don't have any issue scoring.   We don't rely on a couple players in that department.    

Said it before the season started.   We have 8-9 guys who can score 20 goals.   We don't have much from the back end lol, but our forward group more then compensates.   Best group of weapons ive seen since the early 90's potentially anyways.    Don't think we have a Bure but Horvat sure is making a statement.  On pace for 282  goals, most since 93....wow.   Imagine if our D core  could score even 25 lol, we'd crack 300, something we have only done 3 times, and two of those just barely in the Broduer era around the all-time league high water mark (1981).   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

This team needs a couple more forwards like lazar to balance things.  He was amazing tonight and set the tone early.  We have enough fringe guys who can score,, more lazar please!  He cant do it all by himself..  think he shocked the kings with some of his hits!!  Nobody else has made that kind of impact.  4 th line looking great as well!  Need D and two slightly bigger lazars!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

How can you say Boeser has been one of the best forwards all year?  Guy is invisable except for a couple of tip ins.  Gives up countless goals against and doesnt play D.  It was nice to see him score but we need more guys playing like lazar last night..  team is too soft and easy to play against..  feel great for demko!  I think the off season surgery is playing more of a role then he is letting on

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Team needs to build off something, and maybe this could be it.   It's crazy that we blew all those 2 to 3 goal leads early. We don't have any issue scoring.   We don't rely on a couple players in that department.    

Said it before the season started.   We have 8-9 guys who can score 20 goals.   We don't have much from the back end lol, but our forward group more then compensates.   Best group of weapons ive seen since the early 90's potentially anyways.    Don't think we have a Bure but Horvat sure is making a statement.  On pace for 282  goals, most since 93....wow.   Imagine if our D core  could score even 25 lol, we'd crack 300, something we have only done 3 times, and two of those just barely in the Broduer era around the all-time league high water mark (1981).   

It was a nice effort by the team. The win looked more decisive than it was as Demko played well. 

EP40: Is becoming/ has become a complete hockey player. They could put a camera on him and I would watch with pleasure.

Hogs: There will be a role for this kid. Like his speed, puck retrieval and tenacity

Bear: Like his game. Steady with nice passes. 

Meyers: almost makes as many mistakes as Stillman. 

Stillman: hard to watch him play when Burroughs is sitting. Is management being patient or simply showcasing him for a multi-player deal. 

4th Line: What not to dislike with this group. Very solid game against LA. 

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

this is the first time in YEARS that I have actually seen multiple players on OUR team throwing real hits along the boards, not just hugging them to the wall. 

Keep it up boys, that's the best way to wear the other team down. 

Lazar, Aman, Joseph, Garland.... great energy. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3