The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What a good game last night.

Really nice to see two of the new guys have their most impactful games, Bear and Lazar. 

We also got to see a Brock 2 goal breakout with his decent outting.

Petey is still brilliant.

Man, that Bo and JT line must strike fear in opponants. Those two are well skilled strong boys. They look threatening almost every shift.

This team looks to be starting to gel. We are obviously a lot better than our record. The biggest difference last night is that the guy we needed to show up did, Demko. 

Perhaps JR and his massive front of house team can go ahead and do the glaringly obvious and get us a D-man, that would be nice. 

What isn't shown on TV is them before face offs and during TV time outs...the two of them are great teammates. They strategize/communicate and it's quite clear they're a fantastic duo. They're developing some good chemistry too.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They don't really have a cap dump to take but I wonder if Nashville is in a position to take on miller. Not sure how it can work but I'd love to see the baseline of the trade include jeanott and prokop lol! 

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe Nashville would pay for Miller. They have always signed those type of contracts.. But it looks like a 3rd line grinder with some hands ( +good potential ) and a solid D prospect for a PPG guy on a 40+goal pace signed through his prime. More spice will have to be added money and value wise but I don't have the answers for that :P

So probably no then.  :towel:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What a good game last night.

Really nice to see two of the new guys have their most impactful games, Bear and Lazar. 

We also got to see a Brock 2 goal breakout with his decent outting.

Petey is still brilliant.

Man, that Bo and JT line must strike fear in opponants. Those two are well skilled strong boys. They look threatening almost every shift.

This team looks to be starting to gel. We are obviously a lot better than our record. The biggest difference last night is that the guy we needed to show up did, Demko. 

Perhaps JR and his massive front of house team can go ahead and do the glaringly obvious and get us a D-man, that would be nice. 

Yeah. Too bad we could not keep Lockwood up too. I bet he would fit right in with the style they bring. 

Thought the Lazar line had a really good game. I hope they can keep it up.

I also want to Burroughs back in for that grind but I think I have said that enough. 

Also, I would like to see BoHo make a hit or two, I think that would really open up that line with Miller also hitting and Garland being feisty.

Just need to build on it. Like Lockwood said about Abby, They play a grinding style and that is when the Canucks have been playing their best

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

What isn't shown on TV is them before face offs and during TV time outs...the two of them are great teammates. They strategize/communicate and it's quite clear they're a fantastic duo. They're developing some good chemistry too.

There's a confidence in their combined play lately that is awesome. They are moving the puck well and look dangerous. Seem to get quality chances often.

When that line is playing well, there is no place for opponents to hide. Too much man in every aspect of the game. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I know he hasn't played up to your lofty standards, but how is a PPG player significantly overpaid when he's in the same stratosphere as some guys named Ovechkin, Matthews, Sheifele, Point, and more? Obviously you don't like the guy and that's your issue. And it's also clear that he needs to take his game to the next level. But to continually harp on the guy is ridiculous. If we can get a good return for the guy, great. 

c'mon

29 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Send me your supplier's number because I want what you're smoking. Kid has the lowest IQ I've ever seen on a hockey rink. 9 times out of ten he makes the terrible play, instead of the safe one. Myers can only do so much to cover for him. 

Now you’ve lured me in. I’ve seen Virtanen and MacEwan and you say he beats them!?

Now I’ve got to study his game next time. 

47 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Don't we have other threads for long-term success plans of CDC posters?

Can't we enjoy the team's success for a couple days?

Tear it up, trade xyz, this guy's no good, coach won't be here long, etc, etc.

Every thread degenerates into a pissing contest of who knows best.

I'll take management's and coaches' ideas of who knows best over that dither.

Especially after a solid win in the Post Game Thread.

Who is "we"? Canucks fans aren't a homogenous bunch. Nobody's stopping you from celebrating though. 

It was a good win, it was nice to see Demko and Boeser have strong games. Pettersson too. I said my piece and went along my way. 

And that's fine, in the end nothing we post or share on here will impact anything anyway. But at the same time, forums are for discussion and folks are going to post what they want where they want. I'm not stirring the pot, but on a forum with 90k+ registered users it's going to be someone. Short of banning or suspending folks who jump into a GDT or PGT and posting things that some folks don't like it's not going to stop. And if people want to praise, question, or criticize, I don't care. I can scroll past a post, I can add someone to an ignore list. 

There seems to be a fair bit of angst regarding who posts what where, and when. But that's forums. That's the internet. Nature of the beast. You sign up with an email, you choose a username, you yell your opinion into the void and generally if you stick within the rules you're left to your business. We can speculate as to why certain people do this or that, but in the end it doesn't matter because they're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless whether folks agree with it or not. 

It's the way she goes.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lockwood will end up back in Abby I think.  I'm betting they want him to keep developing his new found offensive instincts in a top 6 role

He's back there now, I believe. And that can only add to his game. Hopefully later this year, or next year, we can see Lazar and Lockwood together.

9 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Just for fun, what happens if the Canucks wins the next 3 and are at 500 beating the top teams.  Would you jump back on the bandwagon or insist they sell? 

I have been on the bandwagon the entire year and have always wanted to see where we are at the 20 game mark before I decide.  

20 points was my cutoff and if we win the next two we will be at 19.  Beating Vegas and Colorado would definitely instill a lot of confidence so I would remain on the bandwagon.  

That's why I'm happy that we are playing Vegas and Colorado.  Getting cheap points against Anaheim and Arizona wouldn't be as good.