The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor Bedard the Canucks Fan?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We starting come back up to earth a bit. I expect us to be around .500 the rest of the way with this current roster. 

Our offence won’t let us draft a top 5 pick and I can’t imagine Demko to struggle all year. 

A Miller/Horvat, Kuzy and maybe a Boeser/Garland trade would probably give us a pretty good shot at a top 3 pick. it’s what I would do this year but I would probably be more extreme tbh. 

Sure, at the moment, with Horvat being tied for the lead with goals. Subtract him, his production, his faceoff ability, and his featuring on both special teams and suddenly this team likely looks a lot worse. Horvat ain't no Kesler but he holds his own defensively, a Horvat trade would see Miller slot back to center, and he doesn't hold his own defensively as a center. 

Losing his faceoff wins alone would impact our possession game and likely result in more goals against, as would Miller playing center. Moving Horvat would be devastating to this team's ability to compete imo. All it'd likely take to solidify a top 5 pick would be moving Horvat imo. 

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

…we keep blowing multi goal leads at the record pace that we are :emot-parrot:

B-Bruce there it is..? 

• There it is 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, at the moment, with Horvat being tied for the lead with goals. Subtract him, his production, his faceoff ability, and his featuring on both special teams and suddenly this team likely looks a lot worse. Horvat ain't no Kesler but he holds his own defensively, a Horvat trade would see Miller slot back to center, and he doesn't hold his own defensively as a center. 

Losing his faceoff wins alone would impact our possession game and likely result in more goals against, as would Miller playing center. Moving Horvat would be devastating to this team's ability to compete imo. All it'd likely take to solidify a top 5 pick would be moving Horvat imo. 

B-Bruce there it is..? 

Yeah but the longer we hold onto our players the higher we’re gonna end up in the standings. The Trade Deadline is a while away. 

I wouldn’t keep tradable assets into the new year.  

If it were up to me I would trade Miller, Horvat and Kuz before the new year. I would maybe trade one of Garland/Boeser at the trade deadline if they perform better with improved ice time(PP1 and Petey’s line). I would for sure weaponize any cap we have left at the deadline.

Set us up for a solid chance at a top 3 pick probably for the next couple years. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah but the longer we hold onto our players the higher we’re gonna end up in the standings. The Trade Deadline is a while away. 

I wouldn’t keep tradable assets into the new year.  

If it were up to me I would trade Miller, Horvat and Kuz before the new year. I would maybe trade one of Garland/Boeser at the trade deadline if they perform better with improved ice time(PP1 and Petey’s line). I would for sure weaponize any cap we have left at the deadline.

Set us up for a solid chance at a top 3 pick probably for the next couple years. 

On this we agree, I could see a deal in December or January. You also don't want to risk Horvat getting hurt, that'd be devastating. The sooner they get the Horvat bit resolved the better, I think his being traded is inevitable. 

I think there's a good chance Kuzmenko goes too, at his cap hit he'd be super easy for any team to slot in and I question what he'd want in an extension or whether he'd be worth it. He's looked good with Pettersson but how much of that is Pettersson? He's taken his game to a new level. Kuzmenko will also be 27 in February, if he can cash in this could very well be his best opportunity to do so. Particularly if he continues producing. This might be his only shot at a big contract. He's also a pending UFA.

As for Boeser and Garland, hard to say but I think they'd both benefit from more ice time. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

On this we agree, I could see a deal in December or January. You also don't want to risk Horvat getting hurt, that'd be devastating. The sooner they get the Horvat bit resolved the better, I think his being traded is inevitable. 

I think there's a good chance Kuzmenko goes too, at his cap hit he'd be super easy for any team to slot in and I question what he'd want in an extension or whether he'd be worth it. He's looked good with Pettersson but how much of that is Pettersson? He's taken his game to a new level. Kuzmenko will also be 27 in February, if he can cash in this could very well be his best opportunity to do so. Particularly if he continues producing. This might be his only shot at a big contract. He's also a pending UFA.

As for Boeser and Garland, hard to say but I think they'd both benefit from more ice time. 

Miller would be gone too for me before the new year preferably. 

I am a bit more extreme in my measures for rebuilding. 

• Cheers 1

It would be a Canuck thing to do - trying their best to get into the playoffs and coming up short. Getting a decent Draft pick spot, but not in the Top 3, or maybe even Top 10.

Meanwhile, the Sharks who are a divisional rival, tank and get Bedard. Like Beniers and Wright with the Kracken, McDavid and Draisaitl with the Oilers, Eichel with the Knights. McTavish with the Ducks.

Canucks need a Top 3 pick

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Miller would be gone too for me before the new year preferably. 

I am a bit more extreme in my measures for rebuilding. 

I've been firm in my stance that if Bo goes Miller should too. I reckon Miller has maybe three more top end kind of seasons left in him and that'd be wasted during a rebuild, or even a retool. I think both us, and him, would be better off if we could find him a landing spot with a team that'll be more competitive for the foreseeable future. Dude wants to win, I don't see us as a winning team sooner than later. 

• Vintage 1

Time out when we were up 4-2 on Vegas:

BRUCE: "Alright boys, we all know what we need to do. Keep showcasing Bo and let's do the best we can to blow this lead. JT, you're on a solid contract...how abouts you take the lead on this tank. Brock, you keep doing what you're doing, it's perfect."

JT and Brock: "You got it boss!"

Time out when we were tied 3-3 in COL:

BRUCE: "WTF are you guys doing out there? This is not the game plan. Sheldon, you used to play for them...score on OUR net, not theirs. Tyler, we need a stupid penalty to get back on track...better yet, get 2. Brock, you keep doing what you're doing, it's perfect."

MYERS and Brock: "You got it boss!"

Let's all embrace BB's plan...

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder when the last time a generational player played for their favourite team?

He should do a Lindros and refuse to go to the team that drafts him. Probably a rule was made after that draft, not that it benefited Philly much in the grand scheme of things. 

One could hope, as there will be no way we will win a draft lottery. 

53 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

He should do a Lindros and refuse to go to the team that drafts him. Probably a rule was made after that draft, not that it benefited Philly much in the grand scheme of things. 

One could hope, as there will be no way we will win a draft lottery. 

He'd probably end up as one of the least respected and most hated players in the league. At least everyone respects McDavid for sticking with the crap shoot Oilers.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

If the lad was a true canucks fan he would start stinking up the place so his draft position drops to the 12-14 range  :bigblush:

I had this very thought myself. But if we don't get him in the draft we likely draft a different very good player,then he comes to us as a UFA. 

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

It would be a Canuck thing to do - trying their best to get into the playoffs and coming up short. Getting a decent Draft pick spot, but not in the Top 3, or maybe even Top 10.

Meanwhile, the Sharks who are a divisional rival, tank and get Bedard. Like Beniers and Wright with the Kracken, McDavid and Draisaitl with the Oilers, Eichel with the Knights. McTavish with the Ducks.

Canucks need a Top 3 pick

That's just it, both the Ducks and Sharks should have a strong chance of getting Bedard. If he lands in Anaheim look out, they're already primed with a bunch of young talent, they just need more experience and to address their defense. But that can wait, they're not in a rush. If he lands with the Sharks it's hard to say what happens, they're a team that's got a lot of big money tied up in vets and not a whole lot of flex. A rebuild seems inevitable over there. 

We sure could use a top end talent of our own. Lot of top end centers in this division, or centers with potential to be top end centers. We've got Pettersson, we could use another. We don't have much of anything in the way of blue chip center prospects, I'd argue we don't have a single center prospect with top six upside outside of maybe Karlsson.

Edited by Coconuts

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I've been firm in my stance that if Bo goes Miller should too. I reckon Miller has maybe three more top end kind of seasons left in him and that'd be wasted during a rebuild, or even a retool. I think both us, and him, would be better off if we could find him a landing spot with a team that'll be more competitive for the foreseeable future. Dude wants to win, I don't see us as a winning team sooner than later. 

Trade Miller. Re-sign Bo.  Tank for top 3 pick.  Leggggooo!

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Trade Miller. Re-sign Bo.  Tank for top 3 pick.  Leggggooo!

I don't think Bo will re-sign, even if we were to trade Miller

I think he opts for a fresh start with a team that's closer to winning and that he ends up being traded

Could see him with a team like Boston, Carolina, or even Washington 

Carolina would be the best fit imo as I think they're closer than Boston or Washington, he's much better than Kotkaniemi and they have Pacioretty's cap coming off the books after this season so they could easily pay him 

Edited by Coconuts