The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks assign Vasily Podkolzin, Jack Rathbone to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I checked out Stralman's salary on Capfriendly (1 million BTW) and saw that he's listed as being 5"11" and 186 lbs.  That's all I needed to see to convince me that we're taking him!  Burroughs has just been playing too rough lately -- he's gotta come out of the lineup!:lol:

Yeah that was just too much Burroughs when he scored last night 

• There it is 3

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I checked out Stralman's salary on Capfriendly (1 million BTW) and saw that he's listed as being 5"11" and 186 lbs.  That's all I needed to see to convince me that we're taking him!  Burroughs has just been playing too rough lately -- he's gotta come out of the lineup!:lol:

Myers to Ottawa for a pick.

Hughes Schenn

OEL Stralman

Burroughs Bear

Or

Hughes Schenn

OEL Bear

Dermott Burroughs

Myers getting bumped from the top 4 by Bear showed management all they need to know. If we can dump him with no retention it’s a great move.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He has another level offensively though.

Feels like it’s being limited.

It's not like he hasn't been in on the forecheck, causing turnovers and creating offensive chances. 

He's going to have to "break the ice," so to speak, offensively, whether it's here or in Abbotsford. 

And, just a reminder, he is on the 1st line here with Bo and Miller. No shortage of opportunity.

43 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Myers to Ottawa for a pick.

Hughes Schenn

OEL Stralman

Burroughs Bear

Or

Hughes Schenn

OEL Bear

Dermott Burroughs

Myers getting bumped from the top 4 by Bear showed management all they need to know. If we can dump him with no retention it’s a great move.

You cannot just trade Myers to Ottawa for a pick.

If the Canucks are moving Myers to OTT, the Canucks need to pick up one of OTT's multi million contracts too due to salarycap.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

You cannot just trade Myers to Ottawa for a pick.

If the Canucks are moving Myers to OTT, the Canucks need to pick up one of OTT's multi million contracts too due to salarycap.

Send him to Buffalo then. Doesn’t really matter who.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1

I'm okay with this. The few prospects the Canucks have should be developing properly.

Podkolzin is only 21, let him develop under less pressure, build his confidence. They'll need him down the road when it counts. 

Rathbone should be traded IMO, but at least in Abby he'll get a lot of ice time.

Send Hoglander down as well when Pearson gets back. 

About damn time. They already ruined DiPietro keeping him up and not playing him. This is absolutely destructive of young players… preventing them from playing at a time in their careers where they HAVE to play to get better. This should sure make Abby a lot better, and boy they need to get better.

Bringing in Stillman, especially for a second round pick was just dumb - reminiscent of any of numerous Benning blunders, In order to get that net 1.3 million dollar benefit in cap from dumping Dickinson could have been accomplished pretty much by sending down Rathbone earlier - just terrible asset management, and had they sent down Podkolzin at the same time they’d have gained 600k. Not even talking about Dickenson’s performance in Chicago 4g 5a 9pts in 17 games as a 3C with 51.2% face off stats. 

• Vintage 1