The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We aren’t having any more lockdowns and gathering restrictions like that. This was a freak event and a bit of an overreaction. Governments are well aware that we can’t go through that again. The economy can’t handle it and neither will the people.

Darwin effect take hold and the stupid die.

18 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

It's starting to feel like those 3 straight road wins are going to end up being the highlight of the season. I keep thinking this team might just start putting it all together and go on a few good runs, but the evidence is mounting that they are unable to play consistent high-level hockey. I've already stopped watching whole games, instead just tuning in once in a while, which is unfortunate as the Canucks have been a big part of keeping me entertained during our gloomy grey winters for many years. The Canucks haven't always been good (and have frankly been pretty lousy many seasons!) but I always felt like they were at least putting in solid efforts as scrappy underdogs, and this year doesn't feel like that. Now when they lose, they just look awful, with no fight or pushback. I just don't enjoy watching that at all. Damn shame it is.

No.

That 3 game road trip is what this team really is. The way they played against the Cup champs and Vegas is not an anomaly. There will be another win streak starting next game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We aren’t having any more lockdowns and gathering restrictions like that. This was a freak event and a bit of an overreaction. Governments are well aware that we can’t go through that again. The economy can’t handle it and neither will the people.

you don't know that, the US is still losing 1200 people a week and their vaccine booster uptake is under 15%.  All it takes is one variant that's got a more lethal punch to it and we're right back where we were.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Its amazing that Bruce honestly treats Garland and Boeser differently when both have been equally meh, yet affords Boeser all the looks while taking it out on Garland.

Not a fan having Boeser on Miller and Horvat's line, kid just has no pace to his game. 

Boes will get a couple goals next game.  GCG!

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I will give Elias credit that at least he tries to bring the physical play. 

I agree he's a hard worker, but he really needs to add more weight.

Consider that Ovechkin is very fast and speedy and he's 6'3 and almost 240lbs!

In contrast, Pettersson is only 1 inch shorter but almost 50 lbs lighter at 6'2 and 176lbs

• RoughGame 1

Just now, stawns said:

you don't know that, the US is still losing 1200 people a week and their vaccine booster uptake is under 15%.  All it takes is one variant that's got a more lethal punch to it and we're right back where we were.  

That’s not happening unless there is a Covid 20 that dramatically kills you more than the flu. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

In contrast, Pettersson is only 1 inch shorter but almost 50 lbs lighter at 6'2 and 176lbs

Petey isn't going to add a lot of weight. He's got a completely different body type from OV.  If Petey gets to 180 that's about where he would top out for his frame.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I think Ovi has a different frame than Pettersson though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, grandmaster said:

That’s not happening unless there is a Covid 20 that dramatically kills you more than the flu. 

Heard on the news that (apparently?) 60% of us in BC have been infected by Covid.  We still have the H1N1 virus as part of our yearly flu vaccine, and that over 100 years old.  We will be living with Covid for a very long time.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

again, you don't know that.  The pandemic isn't over and new variants are developing all the time.  All it takes is one of them to be more lethal and we're back where we were

• Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

No.

That 3 game road trip is what this team really is. The way they played against the Cup champs and Vegas is not an anomaly. There will be another win streak starting next game. 

We saw it last year and we're seeing it again. After last year, they know exactly what it takes. 

They're coming off 5 wins in 7 games and 3 games in 4 nights (2 of which were wins).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I agree. Myers was good. I vividly remember a back check where he skated quickly from the opposing end and physically stopped a player from a good scoring chance as well. 

Yep he was buzzing last night even had quite a bit of speed, I had a good view of the play you’re referring to. I was in the team store with my dad and a guy commented that I bet no one even buys the Myers jerseys for sale. Then he made that play and I said to my dad I bet he’s not complaining about Myers now.  Excuse Me No GIF by Tennis TV

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

As expected, the negs are out in force; give 'er you drags, while you can; we'll all let you back on the wagon again; just gotta give you time to catch up.

This thread is so down, the Covid Crusaders are back with all their ignorance on proud display.

JC people, education is important, Git Sum!

I'll give you this time to skewer this Pom-Pommer again with your self-defined Reality.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey isn't going to add a lot of weight. He's got a completely different body type from OV.  If Petey gets to 180 that's about where he would top out for his frame.  

I'm basically the same frame as Petey is - same height and similar weight. IF I had trainers and money for protein / more food I could definitely add at least 20 lbs or 200lbs. So maybe not 240, but even 200lbs would make him more solid.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

again, you don't know that.  The pandemic isn't over and new variants are developing all the time.  All it takes is one of them to be more lethal and we're back where we were

I don't disagree that covid is still a big deal.  But I don't see us going to anywhere near the levels of lock-down/closing the economy like we did during the first wave. 

All of NA is on the verge (or some might argue already in) a recession - locking down the economy would not be high on the options list for government I imagine.  In your own line of work, we've already seen governments (Alberta) making pro-active moves by legislating it illegal to shut down schools (people's charter rights to education and all that).

Like I said, I agree covid is still a thing and could potentially get worse - I just don't see an appetite by either society nor government to go to the extremes that we did the first time - whether that's right/wrong isn't the question in my mind - I just don't see most people getting on board with that.  Look at RSV, it's literally killing children and NOTHING is being done about it except people expecting the existing medical infrastructure to deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1